Who was at fault really !

Curtains

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it's a close call.

I was going to say Davies but then I thought ah you know what at least Davies didn't spunk most of our money up the wall on garbage signi... oh hang on yes he did.

Ah well, at least Davies wasn't all over the tabloids for shagging some dirty stop out sl....... oh hang on a minute, yes he was.

At least Davies didn't turn the club into a nationwide laughing stock by not winning a ga.... oh hang on, yes he did...

At least Davies didn't turn us into a place for semi retired journeymen on four year deals with no love for the clu..... oh bugger this is tougher than I thought.

Both of them want hanging out to dry.

Davies has bounced back AGAIN and shown he has some talent as a manager so in the end I've got to say o Paul has just edged it as the person who I would love to punch in the face second most in the world.

First is still John Aldridge. No one will ever take that away from him.

Us fans are good though i like this paragraph .

Puts it all in to perspective,

The only positive aspect of that season was the fans. Nearly every game at Pride Park was a sell out, with season average home attendance being 32,432, just 900 short of maximum capacity.

Got no extra points for that though did we?

Davies for overachieving

Davies for ***** signings

Gadsby for allowing davies to become so disenchanted

Gadsby for allegedly interfering with transfers

Gadsby for selling the club

Pearson for making matters worse

Jewell for compounding our problems

The players for being totally fkn useless

Agh take it away someone

I cant blame Davies as he gave us the only good season we have had in the past 11 years (Burleys was good but the failure at the end wasn't).

Yes we were and will always be the worst team in history, but at least we got the chance see the top players and visit the top stadiums, and on the back of some great away days the previous season, is just a shame we never became a yo-yo club for the next few years.

There isnt a single person you can point to and say "him, it is all his fault!!" There are too many people that made bad decisions from the boards, CEO's, managers, coaches to the players themselves. We should just try to forget the season and move on!!

Billy Davies

Rate him highly at this level, but money went to his head once we achieved promotion; Davis, Earnshaw, Todd, Miller....

Even on the pitch at Wembley his future was in doubt because of disagreements behind the scenes, I knew once I got home from Wembley and put on Sky sports to seethe headline "Derby win promotion BUT Davies future undecided" that it was gonna be a long season ahead.

Then again, considering Gadsby is a supposed lifelong fan, he jumped ship pretty quickly.

Why does someone have to be to blame? We have to accept that we just didn't have the financial clout to compete.

Billy inherited a side with only one striker and had to beg, borrow and steal to make us competitive.

He was undermined by the board during the run-in and the summer, and Gadsby all over Sky Sports News announcing signings that never happened didn't help of course. But at the same time as us spending £12m improving a team that was over-performing in the Championship, Sunderland were spending £40m + and only just survived in the Premiership.

I think Billy should've been given the full season, and there are stories emanating of how he wanted out when he realised he was going to have 'relegated with Derby' on his CV.

I didn't like Jewell giving up in February. But he tried to do too much too soon.

Archived