Chris Burke

McMuffin

You might as well criticize Huddersfield for saying they want Vaughan on a perm, as I said in an earlier post Forsyth and Martin are obvious as they have played for us 10 odd times, it is hardly a secret we are interested and to suggest otherwise would be strange. If you can show me quotes from clough mentioning Vaughan (recent ones, not from when he was here on loan), Burke, Baptiste or grant then you might have a point.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we publish a list of targets to the press on DCFC headed paper, it doesn't mean to say that we're any more or less likely to sign them does it?

We confirm that we want Forsyth doesn't mean that other managers in need of a LB will suddenly realise he exists.

• 4 months later...

little bit in the DET about Burke as well.

He has targets in mind – he is keeping them close to his chest – but it would be a surprise if the name of Birmingham City’s Chris Burke is not on the list.

Clough has been an admirer of Burke for some time.

The Rams monitored the 29-year-old Scottish international contract situation at St Andrew’s at the end of last season before Birmingham took up their one-year option on the player.

Burke’s first league start of the season came in the Blues’ most recent game, a 1-1 draw against Ipswich Town, in which he scored.

He has made three appearances as a substitute and two starts in the Capital One Cup. - http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/story-19776209-detail/story.html?

he's another Gary Teale. I'd rather see Nigel nurture some young talent like he's so often praised as being the master of being able to do.

Teach Jacobs the position whilst he's young and adaptable. There's no point bringing in players you're only going to replace 12 months later!

he's another Gary Teale. I'd rather see Nigel nurture some young talent like he's so often praised as being the master of being able to do.

Teach Jacobs the position whilst he's young and adaptable. There's no point bringing in players you're only going to replace 12 months later!

For the past 4 seasons he has appeared highly in Assists and goals, not to mention 2 goals already this season.

Very understated player IMO would easily improve us for this season. 

Got to disagree with you Mostyn.

I saw him many times for Cardiff,and he's very good on the ball,and has a very good shot on him.

Would be happy if we got him.

Why would Birmingham loan him helping another Championship team out?

"http://uswitch-wp-blog-assets.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Skint" alt="Skint">

"http://www.chinasportsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Birmingham_City-Carson_Yeung" alt="Birmingham_City-Carson_Yeung">

"http://www.dw.de/image/0,,6631972_4,00" alt="0,,6631972_4,00">

Agree and disagree Mostyn. Burke I'm sure would be an improvement on Coutts in that position. 

However I totally agree with your second point re Jacobs. 

Was there any point to this post? Playground stuff.

What way would that be?

Not at all playground stuff. It's a genuine observation and not just from me, that Clough is notorious for NOT playing players in their strongest positions, NOT being positive on the whole, NOT using his wide-men as attackers, using his wide-men as secondary full-backs, NOT having forwards in the area to be on the end of hypothetical crosses.

There's nothing at all to suggest signing Burke would all of a sudden change the way Clough's teams play football. Fearful and negative, save for a bit of pretty passing in the centre circle, that leads to nothing more against teams at this level.

Not at all playground stuff. It's a genuine observation and not just from me, that Clough is notorious for NOT playing players in their strongest positions, NOT being positive on the whole, NOT using his wide-men as attackers, using his wide-men as secondary full-backs, NOT having forwards in the area to be on the end of hypothetical crosses.

There's nothing at all to suggest signing Burke would all of a sudden change the way Clough's teams play football. Fearful and negative, save for a bit of pretty passing in the centre circle, that leads to nothing more against teams at this level.

Fearful and negative football? 

:lol:

Leads to nothing at this level? 

Fearful and negative football? 

Leads to nothing at this level? 

Yes, don't get carried away because we scored some beauties against Yeovil and Bournemouth. Those kind of performances are probably 2% of all the games Clough has been manager.

Archived