Chris Burke

McMuffin

Wasn't it reported that we were in advance stages of talks with 2 or 3 players? Them being Baptiste, Grant and now Burke? Everyone knows we are interested in Martin but I think he will be 1 of the last signings, if he does sign, so he has a chance to see who we sign and what offers he gets from elsewhere.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sun & the Daily Mail are reporting Derby want to sign Birmingham winger Chris Burke

Is like saying I want to find a job that pays 100k a year and you don't have to do anything for it. Nice sentiment, never going to happen. How much print space did they waste on this article, obviously couldn't find anything else of any interest to fill the void

There's a lot of players on that list who represent a big improvement on what we have.

Now to prepare myself for a series of crushing disappointments...

Edit:

Replied to the wrong thread. Second bottle of Belgian Tripel must have kicked in.

:lol:

Don't be a burke  :ph34r:

Seriously, I've seen a lot of Burke, he gets a lot of the ball but doesn't really do that much with it. I genuinely don't believe he's any better than Coutts or Ben Davies. Yes, by all means sign him to fill up the squad and create more options on the bench as a result, but don't get carried away that he'll make Derby a better team.

Twitter says we will only go for him if they don't extend his contract and I'm sure they will so I think this is a no guys....

there will be a lot of interest for him, so Birmingham would be daft not to extend even to make a couple of hundred thousand.

Derby’s interest would increase if Burke becomes available on a free.

If Birmingham decide to take up the option of another year, the Derby Telegraph understands Derby would be unlikely to pay a transfer fee for the Scottish international.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Blues-midfielder-Burke-Derby-County-radar/story-18871865-detail/story.html#axzz2SDZbByU4

Guessing this is a no-goer, which is a real shame.

Archived