Chris Burke

McMuffin

I don't understand nigel. He said he was happy with the squad. Now theres a "search for a right midfielder". Since when if he is happy? If he wanted Burke, why not go for him sooner. It is possible to sign players on loan in the transfer window, does he not realise this?

"very rarely in the loan market do you go for your number one target "

Why is there even a number one target. He was happy with the squad 2 weeks ago. Clueless.

Things change, I guess. Perhaps he's not been happy with how Coutts has played at the start of the season?

I also don't get this attitude of "why does he keep wanting new players/ why isn't he happy with the squad?" Erm... well, maybe he wants to improve the squad? We rattle on about settling for mediocrity but, when he does try to continually improve the squad, we slate him for it. And, let's be honest, a large number of us wanted a new RM during the transfer window anyway.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand nigel. He said he was happy with the squad. Now theres a "search for a right midfielder". Since when if he is happy? If he wanted Burke, why not go for him sooner. It is possible to sign players on loan in the transfer window, does he not realise this?

"very rarely in the loan market do you go for your number one target "

Why is there even a number one target. He was happy with the squad 2 weeks ago. Clueless.

Oh dear!!! I can fully understand you signing off as Clueless (a bit of an admission but I admire your honesty). Maybe because of your problem you hadn't realised that one of our better midfielders has recently been injured and is going to be out for 3 months. If you are going to loan one from the Premiership then we have to wait until they announce their 25 man squad (just happened in case you didn't know).

As for the line that I have put in bold you appear to have chosen to miss half the quote off as follows:

"It is a bit of a waiting game but very rarely in the loan market do you go for your number one target and everything slots into place, so you have to be patient." 

You have chosen to not only miss off a crucial part of the quote but have also dishonestly put in quotation marks at the end of your version to misrepresent it - and consequently Mr. Clueless shown complete disrespect to other posters.

http://www.clubcall.com/derby-county/clark-crushes-rams-burke-hopes-1631574.html

Manager Lee Clark has rubbished links suggesting winger Chris Burke could leave Birmingham on loan.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/derby-county/clark-crushes-rams-burke-hopes-1631574.html

Derby boss Nigel Clough this week stated the Scotland international remains one of several targets as he looks to sign a right-sided midfielder, stating: "Chris is one we have talked about, certainly". It comes after Leeds showed interest in Burke late on in the transfer window, following a summer in which Birmingham activated a contract clause which keeps the 29-year-old at St Andrew's for another year. And Clark insists Burke, who has played a bit-part role for Blues so far this season, remains a vital part of his plans amid the latest loan rumours. "From my point of view, and I can only speak as a football manager, Chris has never indicated to me that he wants to move, I've never indicated to Chris that I'd like him to move," Clark said. "He's bright, he seems to be enjoying his football and since I've become manager not once has Chris or anybody involved with Chris asked for him to leave. "Something like that doesn't make any sense to me - letting one of your best players go out on loan. If it was before the window shuts and, for the well-documented reasons, he moves because he goes for a huge transfer fee and the saving of his salary then maybe, not that I would want that to happen. "But, certainly, a loan move, I don't see what benefit at all that is to anybody." Clark added: "I would say most of the Championship are interested in him because he's a top-quality player. "I told everyone before the deadline day about a conversation I had with another Championship manager who thought he was putting a substantial offer to me verbally. And I went back and politely said that wasn't acceptable, they didn't come back to the table. "I'd imagine Nigel (Clough) would be in a queue of a fair few managers interested in Chris Burke."

Archived