Chris Burke

McMuffin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a great signing.. can't see it happening, much like the James Vaughan and Alex Baptiste transfer talk.

Maybe, I'm just pessimistic - but Burke would come in and be our highest earner easily, as would Baptiste and perhaps even Vaughan. 

Martin, would be up there.. Forsyth seems about our level. 

Hasn't Sam Rush said there's going to be some exciting and "top quality" players coming in? 

Yes, but 6-8 players coming in is a good amount - but the players being mentioned will be in the money. Burke is probably on around 15,000 at the minute, I don't think he even needs to take a pay-cut. 

It just seems against our policy ''top quality'' players doesn't necessarily mean expensive players, I was expecting some hidden gems, or plucking the best of the smaller clubs like Gayle from Peterborough.  

Is he definitely on a free?

Seems odd that Birmingham City wouldn't have some kind of option on him, as a two year deal for a player of his calibre seems abit low.

If they do, perhaps one of the keepers will be offered to smooth things over...

They made his signing with the parachute payments in mind.. aren't they up this season? They will soon be in a heap of **** anyway, their owner is currently fighting a long term jail term. 

Is he definitely on a free?

Seems odd that Birmingham City wouldn't have some kind of option on him, as a two year deal for a player of his calibre seems abit low.

If they do, perhaps one of the keepers will be offered to smooth things over...

But when they are paying Zigic £60,000 a week they probably can not afford to keep him. 

In fairness they don't deny it, I think they always give them the chance to confirm or deny, many a thread has been killed by a line at the bottom of an article with the club declaring no interest. This one has not been confirmed or denied so I assume that means it is ST sales season

Trust me – the DET would not be publishing this if it wasn't true, nor would they be publishing it if the club didn't want them to.

Anyone else think it's interesting that we've been naming targets this time – given that under the Glick regime it was all very cloak and dagger and often the first we knew of a signing was at the point where it was in the bag?

Maybe it's just Sam Rush's style to come out fighting, but it's a big risk – if we miss out on these targets, well we've seen how the fans react in the past. Maybe he's trying to force the hand of the owners? Name the targets and then if the bidding gets too high the board are the ones who look bad. In the Glick era we have no real idea how many targets we got outbid on because we were being tight

Either that or they are in the bag already…(which I suspect is unlikely at this stage of the season)

Archived