Suarez

jimbobram

Liverpool do really need to do something about their PR - they have already come out and said they are shocked and disappointed and they are waiting for the written reasons - why didn't they just say they were waiting for the written reasons before making a comment giving them time to gauge opinion - it is so basic it's untrue.

He has a previous ban for biting of 7 games, did they honestly believe it would be less than that and if so why? he also has been in trouble for the racism thing and is currently under investigation by FIFA for punching a player in a Uruguay game. Someone on the BBC website who I guess works for Liverpool (didn't see his name on the video) said he had been treated differently due to his reputation and indicated it was unfair - WHY??

If someone robs a bank, gets punished and then goes and does it again surely they would accept the punishment has to increase, you judge the crime and the perpetrator not just the crime, surely that is obvious. If it had been Gerrard or Lucas would it have been less - most likely yes but I don't see why that is a problem - seems like common sense.

In fairness it would seem some LFC fans agree 

Liverpool Supporters Club chairman Richard Pedder said: "I don't think it's a shock, I think he deserves everything he gets.

"It's down to the club to tell him 'this is your last chance'. He won't leave the club [this summer]. They shouldn't have said anything and just accepted the ban.

"With them releasing a statement, it's going to go on and on again and we want it closed.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool is not a city of self pity.

Please don't equate the city with one of its football clubs. LFC is just one of the facets of this wonderful place, albeit a particularly crass and self-regarding facet.

Of course not the culture is never admit to anything, its always someone else's fault, Gerrard is the greatest player to ever grace the Premier League, Hillsborough was worse than the Holocaust but Heysel must be forgotten, South Yorkshire police are worse than the Khmer Rouge, Ken Dodd is a world class accountant. The city and the football club bearing it's name suit each other to perfection.

Wonderful place my backside, it's the biggest dump in England, in spite of the fortunes wasted on the place, all the economic stats back that up.

Of course not the culture is never admit to anything, its always someone else's fault, Gerrard is the greatest player to ever grace the Premier League, Hillsborough was worse than the Holocaust but Heysel must be forgotten, South Yorkshire police are worse than the Khmer Rouge, Ken Dodd is a world class accountant. The city and the football club bearing it's name suit each other to perfection.

Wonderful place my backside, it's the biggest dump in England, in spite of the fortunes wasted on the place, all the economic stats back that up.

Thank you for your insight. You're welcome any time.

Love the Brendan Rodgers quote that the FA had punished the player and not the offence, logically by the same token Cantona was punished incorrectly in the same manner then; cannot believe there would have been anything in the FA guidelines about standard bans for performing a kung fu kick on a spectator

You forgot to mention Derek Hatton

So you don't like North East or Merseyside, so what are your views on people from Manchester?

Or do you just hate people who are north of the Watford Gap or Spaghetti Junction and view us as plebs?

Not tonight. I'm not going to get drawn in by such moronic stereotyping.

My blood pressure is already too high.

I have sympathy with the high blood pressure, it most be constant 24 worry whether your car will get nicked, or your house burgled.

I'll be very charitable considering you put Liverpool in your user name and offer some kind advice.

Why don't you consider the action of the vast minority of scousers with any nous. Move!

So you don't like North East or Merseyside, so what are your views on people from Manchester?

Or do you just hate people who are north of the Watford Gap or Spaghetti Junction and view us as plebs?

Manchester is almost as big a dump as Liverpool, in fact to be fair it's probably as bad, well Salford is . A crime ridden cesspit of the highest level.

You are a bit over sensitive, if I were to slag off Nottingham, which I will do quite happily because I can't stand the place either I am sure comment like this would be very welcome.

All of these places are backward in terms of deprivation, education etc, all the stats support this.

You are a bit over sensitive, if I were to slag off Nottingham, which I will do quite happily because I can't stand the place either I am sure comment like this would be very welcome.

What's up with Nottingham by the way? Not that I would disagree totally with you living here but am interested in your opinion. Whereabouts do you dwell as a matter of interest?

Archived