Albert Bueno

Leicester Ram

Andres Iniesta would have gone missing in that negative survival hoofball side that Nigel played at the back end of the season..

You can't blame Bueno.. He was technically our best player, but Nigel thought it was a good idea to get his side to play the ball 30ft over his head rather than to his feet..

That side and that style of football that Nigel played was the worst I've ever seen from a Derby County side.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hundreds of players that have flair and ability that won't go missing in games like Bueno did. Might aswell play with 10 men through the winter than have him.

Let's get Cywka back too whilst we're at it, he was in that team with flair and ability. Another reason why we did f-all that year. Probably the reason he'll end up a L1 player in 2 weeks time.

Hopefully Nige finds a player that fits the bill, flair and ability wise, just not another half season no-show.

I posted in the Nigel Clough thread as to why this 'Bueno went missing for half a season' is actually some bullsh*t myth that got created.

Probably because he was so good at the start of the season, just because he wasnt as good as that, this fictional rumour started.

He played very well in a number of games later on in the season, as well as being out of favour with the manager, who instead picked the work horses in front of him.

Probably hit the nail on the head there Alpha. Doesn't fit in with the 4-4-2. Would like to see us go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation. It's adopted more and more in other teams and I think we played it well. Don't see it happening and therefore don't see players like Bueno coming in.

I posted in the Nigel Clough thread as to why this 'Bueno went missing for half a season' is actually some bullsh*t myth that got created.

Probably because he was so good at the start of the season, just because he wasnt as good as that, this fictional rumour started.

He played very well in a number of games later on in the season, as well as being out of favour with the manager, who instead picked the work horses in front of him.

He played well at the start and at the end but for the majority in between he was 1/3 of our sides weakness. The other 2/3 being Cywka and Commons. We couldn't afford to have Bueno in our team, for a team that didn't control games that often (non existent away from home) we couldn't afford to have luxury players and that's why Nige reverted the formation back to a rigid one.

It was a nice try but one that failed, hence the change.

In this division you need players to dig in now and again, even if they aren't that sort of player, he never did and when the going got tough, that's why we struggled.

If the rest of our team was good enough we could accommodate Bueno but it isn't. We struggle far too much at the moment with what we've got never mind sacrificing one of the current crop for him.

I'd love it if we could fit him in and make it work but in reality it wouldn't.

Myth? Maybe over exaggerated but he definitely wasn't the same player we were blessed with earlier on in the season.

He played well at the start and at the end but for the majority in between he was 1/3 of our sides weakness. The other 2/3 being Cywka and Commons. We couldn't afford to have Bueno in our team, for a team that didn't control games that often (non existent away from home) we couldn't afford to have luxury players and that's why Nige reverted the formation back to a rigid one.

It was a nice try but one that failed, hence the change.

In this division you need players to dig in now and again, even if they aren't that sort of player, he never did and when the going got tough, that's why we struggled.

If the rest of our team was good enough we could accommodate Bueno but it isn't. We struggle far too much at the moment with what we've got never mind sacrificing one of the current crop for him.

I'd love it if we could fit him in and make it work but in reality it wouldn't.

Myth? Maybe over exaggerated but he definitely wasn't the same player we were blessed with earlier on in the season.

What does that post boil down to in layman's terms, we can't afford the luxury of quality?

Bueno was the single most talented player I've ever seen at Derby. It was a pleasure to watch him when he was on form.

:mellow:

**** all on Barnes back in t'day, nor Commons.. Not Hughes either. 

and then there is always Baiano, Eranio.. etc but I don't know when you started watching... 

Bueno was a gifted player. Fair play to Nige for spotting him and bringing him to Derby.

Nearly worked out to be a top player for us.

Wasn't it a Metgod spot? I'm splitting hairs as still Nigel has the day on bringing him so fair play for that but I'm sure it wasn't his spot. Could be wrong.

Wasn't it a Metgod spot? I'm splitting hairs as still Nigel has the day on bringing him so fair play for that but I'm sure it wasn't his spot. Could be wrong.

Metgod asked Del Bosque at the World Cup whether he knew of any good players that would come to us. Bueno was his answer and the rest is history. There was an article about it in the DET but I can't be bothered to find it.

:mellow:

**** all on Barnes back in t'day, nor Commons.. Not Hughes either. 

and then there is always Baiano, Eranio.. etc but I don't know when you started watching... 

Bueno, on form, is far and away better than this league. His technical ability was amazing, as you'd expect from a Real Madrid product, which isn't the be all and end all as a player but for the role he played he was brilliant.

Far better than Barnes or Commons, if not as devastating, as players such as him are rare over here. He really did, to use the over-used phrase, 'unlock defences'. His passing, first touch and general creative abilities are brilliant. Commons and Barnes on top form were both great players for us, but Bueno was the only one I'd call a real pleasure to watch. In the right system, he's the kind of player you win promotion with.

And I only really started watching Derby regularly during B.Davies tenure, before that I'd had sporadic visits but I've never seen any Derby side of real quality, just the promotion side and spells of success such as when Bueno initially joined. My first ever game was against Watford or Millwall when Jeff Kenna was playing at right-back, I'm unsure of what exact time that'd be but certainly I think too late for the likes of Eranio etc.

I started watching Derby properly fairly late, God knows why I've stuck around, considering the seasons since then.

I'm not being funny Hughes and Bueno would be useless.

Too little strength for the championship

You don't need strength in the NPC..

If you're a good player, you'd easily be able to play in this league..

Swansea when they went up were hardly full of 6 footers.. In fact, what strength does the likes of Dyer, Scott Sinclair, Joe Allen, Alan Tate, Leon Britton, Angel Rangel etc. have?

If you're trying to suggest that Hughes and Bueno would be useless together then you're absolutley bonkers.. I bet if Real Valladolid were in the NPC then they'd claim over 100 points.. Yet they're all small technical players..

If you play to your players strengths.. Especially technical players.. Then you're in for a winner..

Imagine a midfield 5 of Ward, Bueno, Commons, Hughes and Idiakez.. Are you saying that those 'weak' players would struggle?

Archived