Jake Buxton

Day

I don't believe that bucko's family are derby fans - even bucko's said his dads a bit of a red dog.......but we can forgive them that , they support their lad.  He gives 100%. Can't ask more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucko always reminds me of Robbie van de Laan. Limited footballer, but very good within those limits. And someone you always want on your side, in your squad. He knows what he can do, what he can't do and gives everything for the cause. And for that I love him.

And so do the rest of the team judging by their collective reaction to his goal today

When I was watching the game, I said right before the goal..

''if bucko scores I will **** him''

so Jake, I'm not a man to break a promise so - bend over! In all honesty, he is a fantastic player - very under valued by the fans, this hero worship is all well and good, but, I don't feel a lot of fans actually under-stand his quality and would happily throw him under the bus to get a big name in! for me, he does more than 'fill a gap' and this season he has been very good - and, will get my vote for player of the year. 

I've been told from a "reliable source" that some Barcelona scouts were in the crowd today and have made a dossier on him.

Players fall down under minimal contact in La Liga as it is. It would be like a massacre if Bucko were to be unleashed :o

Jake Buxton is one if those few footballers who are:

1) normal people

2) honest as the day is long

3) grounded

4) gratefull to be playing professionally

5) understands how lucky he has been to not only be a pro player but to be able to stay local to his family

Archived