Montenegro v England

froggg

What a God awful performance... Roy got it wrong tonight. In fact no, he got it wrong in selecting Webleck in the squad, he's a donkey. Cole instead of Baines though? Our defence is awful. Can't believe there are no better options. Gerrard is past it. Why Chelsea are letting Lampard go at the end of the season but Liverpool are giving him an extra 2 years is beyond me. Clough tactics today, no wingers... Agh, that was terrible!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain create the most chances every game, and play beautiful passing football..

But their games can be tedious I admit because the opposition are so far behind in quality they resort to fouling and pinning everyone on their 18 yard line..

Spain are literally that good their games become so straightforward it's boring for a neutral..

I'm obviously a massive fan so I love it.. But as a football fan, give me a Germany 4-4 Sweden anyday of the week..

Spain have an abundance of quality players, this is true. Before the plethora of world class players they were nowhere playing the same kind of boring football.

Give me an England 1-1 Montenegro any day. 'It's a game of two halves'.

Spain create the most chances every game, and play beautiful passing football..

But their games can be tedious I admit because the opposition are so far behind in quality they resort to fouling and pinning everyone on their 18 yard line..

Spain are literally that good their games become so straightforward it's boring for a neutral..

I'm obviously a massive fan so I love it.. But as a football fan, give me a Germany 4-4 Sweden anyday of the week..

im not sure their games are that straightforward, especially in tournaments. its hard to break down teams who are just trying to defend. which makes the games 'boring'. Id love to see a top quality team have a go at them in world cup. germany are the obvious candidate. maybe uraguay?

Spain have an abundance of quality players, this is true. Before the plethora of world class players they were nowhere playing the same kind of boring football.

you should come and watch my weekly seven a side kick about. lots of goals and chances.

What would I rather be; a team that was won past three major tournaments playing possession football and turned over major nations in finals or a team who qualify for tournaments but constantly crash out of best of 16 or QF stage after being completely out played and outfought in major championships.

Hmm tough choice. I can understand neutrals being bored with it but if I was a fan I'd love it.

It wouldn't matter who the head coach is England, they simply aren't good enough to win major tournaments

What would I rather be a team that was won past three major tournaments playing possession football and turned over major nations in finals or a team who qualify for tournaments but constantly crash out of best of 16 or QF stage after being completely out played and outfought in major championships.

Hmm tough choice. I can understand nuetrals being bored with it but if I was a fan I'd love it.

It wouldn't matter who the head coach is England simply aren't good enough to win major tournaments

it doesn't make sense though. look at all those great players in the prem: van persie, silva, mata, suarez, bale, michu, fellaini, ba, hazard. Which montenegro club last one a champs league!

Dear, dear, dear...

Well, at least we didn't lose (although that's something of a Pyrrhic victory really). Also, we have three of our last four games at Wembley. I reckon if we win those three we should go through.

But, if all goes wrong, at least Spain look like avoiding the play offs now. So, avoid France, Portugal and Croatia, and who does that leave us with? Hungary? Iceland? Bulgaria?

I find it funny the same arguments appear after every lot of England games, and find it funny when people compare Spain's game to our game, it is like comparing Man Utd to Everton, we have a decent side that isn't going to win much but on our day we can compete and beat the better nations, and sometimes we struggle against the teams that we should be beating. We have no stand out players, Rooney is our best player, he needs a player of similar quality with him to thrive and we have nobody of that effect. Lampard and Gerrard have past that point, Cleverly and Milner are average, Carrick has rri too much in his name, Welbeck, hmmm, what does he do? Run around, runs a bit more, scores occasionally (sounds like Sammon) Lescott looked like he was unfit/couldn't be arsed, I can defend better than Johnson, Cole decent defensively but never done anything attacking for England (prefer Baines as he can offer more and is just as sound at defending) Smalling average, Hart decent for where we are (got very good potential but getting cocky)

When we get put under pressure, the prima donna's bottle goes and no-one takes responsibility.

Alas, bottle is their only strength. they are technically useless so are incapable of changing their play to suit the situation eg keep trying a fast tempo with lots of 100 mph passed when slowing the game down with possesion.

I still don't understand how you can call Spain boring?

Their matches can be boring because they win easily..

But how can you find their style of football boring? You want to see a side entertain, have shots, create chances, score goals etc.. Spain scored the most at the Euros, created the most chances, had the most shots and spent more time attacking a goal than any other side at the Euros..

How can you find their style boring when they're the most attacking team (statistically) in the world?

I get fustrated at times watching Spain play but that's only through a lack of finishing, a poor final pass but mainly because of the opposition.. Spain's games are becoming the most boring games to watch in the world and that's all down to the opposition's lack of attacking intent.. People say that's the only way to play against them.. But they've won 3 majors on the trot and not conceded a goal in the knockout stages.. Del Bosque is yet to lose a home game whilst in charge.. This 'defensive formation and style' clearly isn't working and it ruins the game of football.. 

There have only been a handful of sides that's actually given Spain a game by attacking.. Two of them, Portugal and Argentina, beat then 4-0 and 4-1.. I really don't understand why teams don't try and attack them more.. You're far more likely to beat them by attacking rather than defending for 90 mins.. Stats prove this..

I still don't understand how you can call Spain boring?

Their matches can be boring because they win easily..

But how can you find their style of football boring? You want to see a side entertain, have shots, create chances, score goals etc.. Spain scored the most at the Euros, created the most chances, had the most shots and spent more time attacking a goal than any other side at the Euros..

How can you find their style boring when they're the most attacking team (statistically) in the world?

I get fustrated at times watching Spain play but that's only through a lack of finishing, a poor final pass but mainly because of the opposition.. Spain's games are becoming the most boring games to watch in the world and that's all down to the opposition's lack of attacking intent.. People say that's the only way to play against them.. But they've won 3 majors on the trot and not conceded a goal in the knockout stages.. Del Bosque is yet to lose a home game whilst in charge.. This 'defensive formation and style' clearly isn't working and it ruins the game of football.. 

There have only been a handful of sides that's actually given Spain a game by attacking.. Two of them, Portugal and Argentina, beat then 4-0 and 4-1.. I really don't understand why teams don't try and attack them more.. You're far more likely to beat them by attacking rather than defending for 90 mins.. Stats prove this..

You pretty much covered it for me. Their lack of penetration is just painful to watch at times, the amount of shots they have is great, but they aren't nailed on shots. Rather hopeful ones. 

When England played Spain in Euro 96, they were playing pretty much the same style. It was probably the worst game of the tournament.

Mind you, as I'm saying that, England do the same thing but with trying to create a chance, just hit it into hopeful areas and maybe Rooney, Welbeck or whoever else is up there will get a toe on it. That frustrates me no end. It's pretty much all Ashley Young did yesterday.

We're also as one dimensional as Spain at the moment, no back up plan. So I guess we aren't that different, just going in different directions in national football.

Archived