Is a relegation battle really on the cards !

Curtains

Wonder what the Board would do if we went down regards to Cough and /or selling the club, because our level of debt in a lower division wouldn't be a very attractive prospect, instead of covering 7/8 million pounds worth of debt a year to a second tier club it doesn't make business sense to do that with a third tier club.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get to 52 points I'd say to be safe. That's seven points from nine games. If we can't manage that then we deserve to be relegated.

Failing to win two of the last nine games would leave us with 2 or 3 wins from 25 games. Pathetic form which deserves relegation. We had 36 points after 23 games (halfway), would take some doing to get relegated from there.

Not a lot of point looking what others do, we need to win two or three games to be safe. Simple as.

NOTHING IS EASY IN THIS SITUATION

Ok fair enough. I just think we're better than most of the teams around us and we play a lot of them just as our injured players are coming back. As I said before, I think we need 3 more wins and I find it hard to believe we won't get them in the last 9 games.

We'll be ok, its all in the clubs plan to get us to appreciate mid table mediocrity...

I for one have learned my lesson Nigel & would now be pleased with mid table finish...in fact I long for it, all safe & relaxed..were the only thing to worry about is having to convince myself that there may be some chance we could challenge next year..

I don't think we'll get dragged into it..

There are 9 games left, even if the gap is down to 1 point.. We'll string a couple of wins together and be around 7 points clear again..

Looking at our games we'd have to lose all of these '6 pointers' to go down which is clearly not going to happen..

Derby vs Bristol City

Derby vs Millwall

Derby vs P'Boro

Derby vs Ipswich

Barnsley vs Derby

Blackpool vs Derby

There is no way we'll lose them all.. From those 6 games we'll 100% pick up at least 5 points.. More likely 8 or 9..

We'll be fine.. We're only 3 points off 11th.. We've got more chance of finishing 11th than going down..

Of the 9 games remaining I'd be amazed if we don't win at least 2 or 3..

I did the Championship predictor last night and we stayed up on goal difference! (Florest missed out on the play offs by one point).

Just a bit of fun of course, anyone trying to predict results in this league is mad!!

Nobody read too much into the below. It's a lazy half hearted prediction table and all I've done is take the form from the last 8 games and added it to the current standings. I doubt very much that the form of all the teams will be exactly the same, I doubt it's even possible. Anyway just to see how that would look going into the last two games.

Cardiff 80

Hull 80

Watford 79

Palace 78

Forest 73

Bolton 70

Brighton 66

Leicester 65

Leeds 62

'Boro 58

Charlton 54

Birmingham 54