Is a relegation battle really on the cards !

Curtains

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MASON IS THE MAN learn your lesson Cloughie

RD says Mason is starting tomorrow night cos there's a few players who are doubtful. Wardy being among them.

RD says Mason is starting tomorrow night cos there's a few players who are doubtful. Wardy being among them.

Said he was in contention to start.

Clough said he would look at injuries first, or something like that

Said he was in contention to start.

Clough said he would look at injuries first, or something like that

Yep, must have misheard and got it wrong, thanks Leedsram.

Cloughie must be pulling his hair out - how many players are doubtful?

Bryson, Hendrick, Ward and Brayford.

Also Clough (finally) not that happy with Coutts and Sammon.

On Sammon, Clough said: “His holding up play wasn’t good enough.

“We’ve got Mason Bennett and Jamie Ward who can play up there but it depends if Wardy is fit.

“We put him up top just behind the strikers for the last 10 minutes or so at Blackburn and he got in some situations then. So we’ll see.

“Mason had 10 minutes at the end and he looked quite lively.

“Mason is never far off and we’ll see about that for Tuesday.”

The manager said Coutts not appearing for the second half at Blackburn was a “tactical” change.

He says the midfielder needs to get into the box more.

“A centre went across the face of goal in the first half and Paul Coutts, again, was standing 10 or 15 yards away from the ball instead of getting in there,” said Clough.

“We’ve only asked him for 41 and a half games now to get in there.

“Had he done so, he would have got himself 10 goals this season.”

If he starts i would go like this depending on whos fit

Fielding/   Ledzy

Freeman/Brayford            Keogh           Buxton         Forsyth           

Ward/Coutts                    Hendrick      Brayford/Bryson           Hughes / Jacobs /Bavies    

Bennett  Sammon        

My preference  would be

Fielding

Freeman            Keogh           Brayford        Forsyth           

Ward                    Hendrick     Bryson           Hughes 

Bennett  Sammon      

Not sure how fit Hughes is but i might risk him.

Hughes is absolutely useless on the left, as he showed at the start of this season.

People slated Clough for playing Bryson on the left, but this is no better IMO.

IYO thats fair enough give us your team for tomorrow night i still like my options.

Fielding/   Ledzy

Freeman/Brayford            Keogh           Buxton         Forsyth           

Ward/Coutts                    Hendrick      Brayford/Bryson           Hughes / Jacobs /Bavies    

Bennett  Sammon        

My preference  would be

Fielding

Freeman            Keogh           Brayford        Forsyth           

Ward                    Hendrick     Bryson           Hughes

/

Bennett  Sammon      

Not sure how fit Hughes is but i might risk him.        

PS Hughes being fit is pie in the sky i suggest so id go     Jacobs or Bavies each give different qualities.

I'd go with your preference but put Jacobs on the left.

Teams at the bottom will have to play each other.

for us to go down then at least 7 teams have to do better than us over the next 9 games - in fact one of the bottom three will have to do 7 points better than us over the nibe games.

if we get no more points then they need to get just under a point a game possible but if they lose one or two this looks unlikely

if we get a draw then again they need just under a point a game (above applies)

if we get two draws they need to get 9 points from nine games - virtually impossible ob there form so far being barely a point a game

If we get a win then they need to average over a point a game - if they just lose one the remaining 8 games need to give them 10 points. Not very likely.

in short none of the current bottom three will catch us and relegation is not going to happen

Yet here we are 4 weeks later relying on a last minute goalmouth scramble to keep us alive and here you

are starting up a new thread panicking about future results.

Nothing different from any other season.Cardiff have been knocking on the door for several seasons

and finally made it.Good luck to them.Hull got relegated aa couple of seasons ago appointed a proper

manager and look good for automatic promotion.Watford are good and will make the play-offs.The

other positions will be filled by either Brighton,Palace,Leicester,Bolton or Forest.They are the next

best teams because of good managers and sensible investment in decent players.The remaining

teams are all a bit of a muchness and any of them could have been relegated.Whats new.

Archived