Is a relegation battle really on the cards !

Curtains

They'll probably get around the 6-10 mark, is this something that really is in question?

Couldn't agree more,but ask davenport-strange things happen in Wonderland.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll probably get around the 6-10 mark, is this something that really is in question?

Thing sis we have a lot of games against the teams below us, most of them in better form than we are. A losing steak now  and they could all gain on us. Number of teams below us aint the issue we could drop for or five places in a week. Some teams have game in hand too. We still need 54 points at least I would say.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah..  Well we have about as much chance as making the playoffs than going down..

Whilst I think it is extremely unlikely, we have much more chance of making the play offs than being relegated. Maybe 20/1 v 66/1

i'm surprised this thread was made in the first place.

Well 3 wins out of 3 has changed that quite a bit. But we are still only 7 points of the relegation places. It has been an amazing season.

It seems very likely that the record will be broken for the most points for a relegated team. Maybe more than the 54 we already have, so we need more points.     

The flip side might be that the team getting the final play of place might need fewer than 70 points, maybe also a record,  but that depends on the form of Forest, Brighton, Fester and others.

I dont think we are good enough for the play offs, mainly due to lack of quality up front. But if the strikers find their form, who knows?

I don't think so! We've more chance of moving up rather than down. Look at our run in.

From our reverse fixtures against the next 6 teams we only picked up 8 points..

How much 'further up' do you think we'll go with another 8 points? I think we'd end up dropping a few places if we finished on 62 points.. Probably to around 13th.

How much 'further up' do you think we'll go with another 8 points? I think we'd end up dropping a few places if we finished on 62 points.. Probably to around 13th.

Keep going, you'll get a bite.

Keep going, you'll get a bite.

I feel sorry for him. Fancy having to celebrate a victory over Leeds with something like that weasel-pee Sol. It's enough to make anyone bitter and twisted.  

What ever bris I know you were happy today pal :-)

As somebody has said above, looks like the record for the highest points and still get relegated will be broken, along with the lowest point to get into the playoffs.

Anything could happen, if we lost all our games now we'd probably go down, we're not safe yet.

But flip that coin and a few wins on the spin could get us in the playoffs.

With some of our posters, I'm surprised this thread didn't start in August.

Its all good saying "I told you so" now but before the Leicester game we were only 3 points off the relegation zone. This league is so tight anything could happen!

I think everybody was a bit worried 3 games ago...

Its all good saying "I told you so" now but before the Leicester game we were only 3 points off the relegation zone. This league is so tight anything could happen!

I think everybody was a bit worried 3 games ago...

I wasn't.

Archived