Derby County v Leicester City

Boycie

Hello Rams fans,

just come for my biannual fix of sheep optimism.  It makes me wonder which team you actually support!   :p

Anyway, a few points.  I don't know why Derby fans write of this fixture before even before a ball is kicked.  Both teams are off form at the minute and it could go either way.  We are pretty awful away from home, however we did put in a very good performance in midweek against Cardiff and probably deserved to win.

Derby fans seem pretty knowledgeable about Leicester.  Certainly more knowledgeable than I am about Derby.  Schlupp returned from his trial with Man U when Paul Konchesky was injured, so he is very likely to start at leftback for us.  In fact, the predicted team from a Rams fan earlier on looked very likely.

The way to beat Leicester is definitely to play 5 in midfield.  Many teams have done this and our very young team struggles to break it down and have shown an alarming tendency to concede on the break in these situations.  I respect Clough for wanting to play football against us and earlier in the season, I would've predicted a big win for us in these circumstances.  Some of our six goal wins came when teams tried to play us rather than nullify us.  However...we haven't looked the same side recently, we have lost our quick, incisive passing and our mojo.

Onto the comments about finances.  Well...they look pretty worrying don't they.  There is no way the club can continue to make losses like it is.  The only hope is that the owners have stated they will turn the debt into equity.  Estimations of Leicester's debt to the owners range from £80 million to £100 million, Turning debt into equity would mean we could start afresh with no debt, as the owners would instead own shares in the club to the value of the debt.  If you consider they paid a reported £39 for the club in the first place, their 'equity' in the club must be around £140 million.  They recently purchased the stadium from the mortgage company so they seem to have the long-term interests of the club in mind.  We shall see I suppose.

So onto the game.  Enjoy !!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen on the dcfc website that tickets for the Leicester game will be on sale until right up to kick off tonight have people really had enough of this season already or is it a combination of this, early evening kick off and game live on Sky?

Just seen on the dcfc website that tickets for the Leicester game will be on sale until right up to kick off tonight have people really had enough of this season already or is it a combination of this, early evening kick off and game live on Sky?

Tickets are always on sale right up until kick off mate, the last time I turned up without a ticket and couldn't get one was in 1998  :lol:

Hello Rams fans,

just come for my biannual fix of sheep optimism.  It makes me wonder which team you actually support!   :p

Anyway, a few points.  I don't know why Derby fans write of this fixture before even before a ball is kicked.  Both teams are off form at the minute and it could go either way.  We are pretty awful away from home, however we did put in a very good performance in midweek against Cardiff and probably deserved to win.

Derby fans seem pretty knowledgeable about Leicester.  Certainly more knowledgeable than I am about Derby.  Schlupp returned from his trial with Man U when Paul Konchesky was injured, so he is very likely to start at leftback for us.  In fact, the predicted team from a Rams fan earlier on looked very likely.

The way to beat Leicester is definitely to play 5 in midfield.  Many teams have done this and our very young team struggles to break it down and have shown an alarming tendency to concede on the break in these situations.  I respect Clough for wanting to play football against us and earlier in the season, I would've predicted a big win for us in these circumstances.  Some of our six goal wins came when teams tried to play us rather than nullify us.  However...we haven't looked the same side recently, we have lost our quick, incisive passing and our mojo.

Onto the comments about finances.  Well...they look pretty worrying don't they.  There is no way the club can continue to make losses like it is.  The only hope is that the owners have stated they will turn the debt into equity.  Estimations of Leicester's debt to the owners range from £80 million to £100 million, Turning debt into equity would mean we could start afresh with no debt, as the owners would instead own shares in the club to the value of the debt.  If you consider they paid a reported £39 for the club in the first place, their 'equity' in the club must be around £140 million.  They recently purchased the stadium from the mortgage company so they seem to have the long-term interests of the club in mind.  We shall see I suppose.

So onto the game.  Enjoy !!

Is this the same Leicester that went into administration owing £60+ million and getting their ground for free, they caused over 1,000 small businesses to go into bankruptcy and upto 10,000 redundancies, mainly local people. 

St John Ambulances only got 1p in the pound.

Is there no shame in supporting a team with this history?

Derby County 2 - 0 Leicester City

Sammon FGS

Derby best team throughout, foxes hardly touch the ball, Frankie given a run out? Clough out bed sheets, GSE forever bed sheets, get your t*ts out bed sheets. Attendance around the 21,362 mark. The winning run begins....

That's one bit right, come on Derby!

Archived