Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

zzzzzzz. He had to stabilize the club because of the board and what they were offering him. Any manager who came would have had to lower wages and get non proven players in because we have no money. I admit he has done it well, and i am glad he has used the youth, but i dont think he can take us any further. Football is a results business and if you dont get them then you shouldn't be let off because of your name.

I would also hate it if the fans drove him out, but time to move on, time for the board to toughen up.

Not sure what your getting at with the zzzzz and your first comment pal ? The club needed stabilizing and i think were very lucky that we found a manager that did that. We could have quite easily have stuck with Jewell or got another journeyman manager in and be rotting away in league 1 by now.

Secondly, who would you put in charge now. As far as i can see there are 2 excellent candidates  Di Canio and Adkins. I couldn't see either joining us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what your getting at with the zzzzz and your first comment pal ? The club needed stabilizing and i think were very lucky that we found a manager that did that. We could have quite easily have stuck with Jewell or got another journeyman manager in and be rotting away in league 1 by now.

Secondly, who would you put in charge now. As far as i can see there are 2 excellent candidates  Di Canio and Adkins. I couldn't see either joining us.

We wouldn't have stuck with jewell because he was a poor manager who didn't give a **** and would rather concentrate on making adult videos.

What i was getting at is whichever manager came in after Jewell would be told by the board that they had to offload the high earners and be a wheeler and dealer, stabilizing the club. Like i said Clough has done this, but now there needs to be an improvement, at the moment we don't seem to be making improvements.

I think Di Canio would be move. His to crazy and would rather be in the limelight. I don't know why Adkins wouldn't come, his been in the prem for a few months his hardly to good for us.

We wouldn't have stuck with jewell because he was a poor manager who didn't give a **** and would rather concentrate on making adult videos.

What i was getting at is whichever manager came in after Jewell would be told by the board that they had to offload the high earners and be a wheeler and dealer, stabilizing the club. Like i said Clough has done this, but now there needs to be an improvement, at the moment we don't seem to be making improvements.

I think Di Canio would be move. His to crazy and would rather be in the limelight. I don't know why Adkins wouldn't come, his been in the prem for a few months his hardly to good for us.

IF Clough went i would love Di Canio but i couldn't see him getting on with our current board. Adkins will go Leicester when they once again fail to go up.

How as Nigel Clough added stability to the club? We swap and change the back line each season, we've had several strikers come and go under him (Cywka, Robinson, maguire..), He doesn't know his best eleven four years on, we've had some right crap loanees who offered nothing whatsoever and we are losing massive amounts of money still.

How as Nigel Clough added stability to the club? We swap and change the back line each season, we've had several strikers come and go under him (Cywka, Robinson, maguire..), He doesn't know his best eleven four years on, we've had some right crap loanees who offered nothing whatsoever and we are losing massive amounts of money still.

Stability as in finances. They set a workable wage budget for him to achieve and he did it without any drop in quality from the highly payed dross Jewell left us with. He brought the wage bill down and kept the club stable.

On the pitch he probably hasn't kept things as stable as I or you or Nigel himself would like. He's made mistakes but he also has tried to juggle players to try and use limited resources wisely.

I think it's on this side where people might question his skill.

To be fair thats not Cloughs fault thats just whats happens to clubs not in the premier league. Can't blame clough for that he doesnt spend anything.

The loan decisions this season have been stupid though. I dont think either of them are better than what we have already got.

I've just wrote a long, long piece on this and pressed the backspace and it cleared everything as I was just finishing it off.

The long story short, I am undecided on the issue - there are some good, some bad.

My main issue is the quality within the squad/team - don't know how much of that is the boards doing and Cloughies doing, perhaps both need to shoulder the blame.

Dead against Di Canio coming in as manager, think the bloke is absolutely detestable - would be happy with Adkins, the job isn't as bad as some people make out, and isn't far off what Southampton offered Adkins in the first instance of going there, this job comes with a lot of stability from the board. A new manager would have to be something special for me to sit up and take notice, i'd expect the range of managers we would be looking at I would expect to do either similar job to Clough or worse but it's a different job to the one Clough took on, as they can now reep the rewards he has worked hard for, like the youth team...etc 

And think this conversation isn't the moot point it was with Glick, the owners and investors take the CEO's word as gospel and to me it seems like Glick and Rush are different people. with different goals - Rush has been in the game for a long time, has a lot of connections, maybe came into the job with someone in mind... let's face it, it isn't the man he hired, but he can definitely pull the trigger on him. 

There was a lot more, but too tired now to emphasis the points.  

I think the key point here from the board's perspective is the ticket sales. Everyone's a bit fed up at the minute, ST prices are going up, we're not getting results, etc = less people coming through the turnstiles = less money coming in. Just imagine the reinvigorating effect it would have if we scooped up someone like Adkins. I can guarantee fans would sit up and take notice and there would be an instant spike in ST renewals and purchases. And that's why I think we may see a new manager come Summer. It's all about the money.

I wasn't complaining. Gjokaj is at right back because he doesn't have anyone else he trusts there available at present. We have two frontline forwards so he sticks them together even though they don't complement each other at all. We had pace upfront and let it go out on loan. When we start to play badly, as we did yesterday in the second half, there is no change of tactics or personnel. It's like we just hope it will get better.

Martin and Sammon could link quite well given time, it's not surprising that a new partnership takes time.

Rush has been in the game for a long time, has a lot of connections, maybe came into the job with someone in mind... let's face it, it isn't the man he hired, but he can definitely pull the trigger on him.  

Good grief.

So far sam rush has shown that he can't make even the simplest of decisions.

He lacks the leadership, the balls, the decisiveness, the judgement......

Tea or coffee sam?

Does anyone genuinely think we're going to get relagated?

No not quite, although I think this will be because of points we already have rather than ones we gain in the last ten. Not getting relegated isn't success though is it? Four and a half years nearly of watching derby stagnate while others call it progress has been too much for me. I'll still go and support the team passionately, I need a change to bring some excitement back.

His interviews are mind numbing, same excuses every week, substitutions left until 80 minutes to change a game, no plan b let alone c, stubborn to a fault, I could go on.

Just had enough

Good grief.

So far sam rush has shown that he can't make even the simplest of decisions.

He lacks the leadership, the balls, the decisiveness, the judgement......

Tea or coffee sam?

How so? As far as I can tell the season ticket pricing was already in place by the time Rush joined. He has been true to his word in not selling any players cheaply and he made a big decision in firing the VP Finance. His PR is not as slick as Glicks, but I'm not sure that you can really make a charge of indecision stick.

I think that it was also very relevant that he avoided answering the 'will Nigel be here next season' question on the RD phone in. I'm convinced that Nigel's position is very much under scrutiny. I think that a significant undershoot in season ticket sales or a league position which is more than a couple of points lower will result in Nigel being fired in May.

Find the replacement that will improve this team, that will work on the budget he has and will be happy to be on the wages he is.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying, make sure you do it before you give him the bullet.

Then if we find that person, I'd say OUT.

I'm just not sure how easy it would be, but mebbe I'm wrong.

You don't need to know the source just take the information notts-ram.

"I know something you don’t know.

No you don’t. I know it.

You don’t know it. How could you know it?

No one knows it. Only me.

I just know it.

Prove it, then.

Tell me what I know.

Tell yourself. Why should I tell you?

You’re the one who knows it.

Yes, but you don’t know it.

You prove it.

I can’t prove it.

How can I prove it?

If I tell you what I know

You’ll say you know it already.

I do know it already.

Well, you prove it.

No. I can’t prove it.

If I tell you what I know

You’ll change it to something else.

No I won’t.

If you tell me

What you know I know

I’ll know if you know it.

Yes, but I won’t know.

That’s all right.

Then I’ll know something you don’t know."

You are Allan Ahlberg and I claim my £5

IF Clough went i would love Di Canio but i couldn't see him getting on with our current board. Adkins will go Leicester when they once again fail to go up.

I don't think that I could abide a self-confessed fascist running Derby.

There's no way they'll get rid of him unless we get relegated.

My Dad was at one of these open sessions with Rush two weeks ago and he said how impressed he is with Clough, how it's funny that people take the p*ss out of his interviewing style, because he's a fantastic motivator in the dressing room. He also said we don't need to sell anyone, and that we'll only be selling Hughes if we receive a massive fee for him (didn't specify what that was), and that money will be made available for players even if we sold no one.

Not saying I believe/disbelieve/agree/disagree with anything Rush said, just sounded interesting. But based on the above, NC's going nowhere.

Source - me Dad.

Archived