Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How so? As far as I can tell the season ticket pricing was already in place by the time Rush joined. He has been true to his word in not selling any players cheaply and he made a big decision in firing the VP Finance. His PR is not as slick as Glicks, but I'm not sure that you can really make a charge of indecision stick.

I think that it was also very relevant that he avoided answering the 'will Nigel be here next season' question on the RD phone in. I'm convinced that Nigel's position is very much under scrutiny. I think that a significant undershoot in season ticket sales or a league position which is more than a couple of points lower will result in Nigel being fired in May.

I hope the highlighted statement holds true during the summer transfer window, this will be the test... I dont think that the club would of sold in January for fear of damaging season ticket renewals...

I believe they expected a bit off a kick back, with regard to the price changes on season tickets...they also probably feared a tail off to our season...these coupled with the sale of one of our major assets would of probably well & truly of put them in the firing line...

I think this summer will be a key test to our future under the current regime, both on & off the field...lets wait until the close of the summer window before making any decisions on Sam Rush's statement being true or false..

The omens outside suggest I should be sleeting him, but I will wait & see... I'm in no rush to judge uncle Sam at the moment, but I am sceptical... ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be surprised to see NC fired in May. I'm pretty sure that the board/manager have a solid plan for the summer transfer market. SR has given enough barely concealed hints that they will be making key signings in the summer.

Given that NC isn't out of contract, having to pay him off, go through a new manager hire process (fairly sure that NC salary is on the low end of Championship managers – certainly compared to the sort of manager they'd need to replace him with) is surely not  in their plans?

Most likely is that they'll execute the plan for summer signings and then see how things are going as we near xmas. If we're still struggling then expect to see the firing happen then

My wife is a pyschologist and she reminds me every time before I get my knickers in a twist over an issue on here , that it's just the internet and it's not a true reflection on society as a whole. That people who write on the internet tend to be extremists either defending or attacking the view point.

We've got 168 votes at time of this post and frighteningly 65% are not willing or able to click yes. One in two want him out for sure. Two out of three have doubts.

If that was the same across the season ticket holders Nigel would be out faster than you can say "two out three want him gone'.

Thankfully those 168 voters represent only 1.12% of our season ticket holding of around 15k?

You've all got your answer right there. If you're one of the 52% of that 1% then all you've got to do is mobilise the rest of the like minded and he'll be out. 8000 season ticket holders couldn't be ignored.

Anyway as Rafa said the other week "they don't need to worry about me. I'll be gone in the summer. They should worry about the club"

DaveyB has already confirmed Nigel is leaving in the summer so might I suggest we all just relax. He knows everything and hasn't been wrong so far.

I'll be surprised to see NC fired in May. I'm pretty sure that the board/manager have a solid plan for the summer transfer market. SR has given enough barely concealed hints that they will be making key signings in the summer.

Given that NC isn't out of contract, having to pay him off, go through a new manager hire process (fairly sure that NC salary is on the low end of Championship managers – certainly compared to the sort of manager they'd need to replace him with) is surely not  in their plans?

Most likely is that they'll execute the plan for summer signings and then see how things are going as we near xmas. If we're still struggling then expect to see the firing happen then

Realistically the most likely scenario there GreenRam.

My wife is a pyschologist and she reminds me every time before I get my knickers in a twist over an issue on here , that it's just the internet and it's not a true reflection on society as a whole. That people who write on the internet tend to be extremists either defending or attacking the view point.

We've got 168 votes at time of this post and frighteningly 65% are not willing or able to click yes. One in two want him out for sure. Two out of three have doubts.

If that was the same across the season ticket holders Nigel would be out faster than you can say "two out three want him gone'.

Thankfully those 168 voters represent only 1.12% of our season ticket holding of around 15k?

You've all got your answer right there. If you're one of the 52% of that 1% then all you've got to do is mobilise the rest of the like minded and he'll be out. 8000 season ticket holders couldn't be ignored.

Anyway as Rafa said the other week "they don't need to worry about me. I'll be gone in the summer. They should worry about the club"

DaveyB has already confirmed Nigel is leaving in the summer so might I suggest we all just relax. He knows everything and hasn't been wrong so far.

DaveyB knows something, I thought Galinski already left the club.

What you're talking about is called selection bias. The reason that polls for elections and such are done from the other side, with people calling up people within various areas and groups at random is that if people choose themselves for such counts you'll get those with an extreme opinion, or more importantly, those who have an extreme opinion and want change appear at a much greater rate than they would in the general population or set.

In this instance you'd expect that there would be far more people on here who would want Clough out than there would be in the total set, and to be completely honest, after a bad run of results and with people normally lacking patience I would have expected at least 60-65% of forum users responding with "Clough out", but this would still likely be the minority of all fans. The fact that it's still around about 52-53%, despite this effect suggests that not nearly as many people as some would think actually want him gone, and when 1 in 3 even on this still want him around, the idea that "the fans want him gone" is clearly not backed by anything solid as of yet. Given a couple good results between now and the end of the season and we'd likely not even be thinking about it. Oh well... we'll see what happens.

We will finish lower (could be a lot lower )

We will finish with considerably less points.

We have already lost more away games than last season.

We have conceded only five less than last season (with 10 games still to go ).

Clough p45

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that people on forums are more likely to be 'Clough out' than fans in general. 

When I came on to this forum I was very surprised with the agro I got for being anti clough. 

The fans around me at games, in the pubs afterwards, are generally at the end of their tether with Clough, with a lot that I talk to, stating that they never wanted him in the first place. 

The anti Clough, anti GSE feeling at the club is a lot deeper than you think. 

Clough p45

No positives at all in that list. What a surprise. I think in 9 games time you're going to be stuck wondering what to say cos we could easily finish 12th with less points.

We've also scored two more already this season (52) than we scored in the whole of last season (50) with NINE games to go.

We scored 28 times at home last year compared to 34 already with 5 homes games still to play.

Clough In.

Clough p45

At the moment we could end up with anywhere from 45-72 points, most likely 58-62, so not much lower than last season so long as we shake the poor form. Despite slipping down the table in recent weeks, we've failed to score a lot less than in previous seasons, but we've also been keeping less clean sheets. We're also scoring considerably more goals per game than we have before. For the first time under Clough we are also near positive in the goal difference stakes and could well end up with a positive goal difference. There are positives, even when looking at just the results. Points alone are a very simplistic analysis.

after a bad run of results and with people normally lacking patience I would have expected at least 60-65% of forum users responding with "Clough out", but this would still likely be the minority of all fans. The fact that it's still around about 52-53%, despite this effect suggests that not nearly as many people as some would think actually want him gone

Also factor in the statistic that there are over 2,500 registered users of the forum (granted a lot will not read it regularly or post at all) but even if (for the sake of my maths) take it down to 1680 forum members, 168 responses is only 10% of people have bothered voting. I believe that's what they call a "low turn out"

so it's actually 53% of 10% of the members

At the moment we could end up with anywhere from 45-72 points, most likely 58-62, so not much lower than last season so long as we shake the poor form. Despite slipping down the table in recent weeks, we've failed to score a lot less than in previous seasons, but we've also been keeping less clean sheets. We're also scoring considerably more goals per game than we have before. For the first time under Clough we are also near positive in the goal difference stakes and could well end up with a positive goal difference. There are positives, even when looking at just the results. Points alone are a very simplistic analysis.

Wanna bet?

Also factor in the statistic that there are over 2,500 registered users of the forum (granted a lot will not read it regularly or post at all) but even if (for the sake of my maths) take it down to 1680 forum members, 168 responses is only 10% of people have bothered voting. I believe that's what they call a "low turn out"

so it's actually 53% of 10% of the members

Never forget selection bias, it's the same reason you shouldn't listen to newspaper polls, when the respondents pick themselves you're getting a skewed sample of the population.

Wanna bet?

What exactly do you want to bet?

Also, why the empty set of bold brackets in your post?

No positives at all in that list. What a surprise. I think in 9 games time you're going to be stuck wondering what to say cos we could easily finish 12th with less points.

We've also scored two more already this season (52) than we scored in the whole of last season (50) with NINE games to go.

We scored 28 times at home last year compared to 34 already with 5 homes games still to play.

Clough In.

No negatives at all in that post, what a surprise.

Never forget selection bias, it's the same reason you shouldn't listen to newspaper polls, when the respondents pick themselves you're getting a skewed sample of the population.What exactly do you want to bet?

Also, why the empty set of bold brackets in your post?

That we don't get 58 pts.

As for the empty set of brackets, for some reason the system  posted your post twice, so I deleted one .

No negatives at all in that post, what a surprise.

He'd already done it. Do you want me to repeat them?

We've had awful results away from home. A massive negative.

I'm not posting  the positives because I think everything is rosey. Like one or two others on here I post to add a touch of positive balance to the negatives.

I wouldn't post at all if there wasn't so much garbage posted by "real" derby fans like you. Go and scour the internet so you can find us another Conor Sammon clip  just to prove how bad we are. Top supporting Eranio.

He'd already done it. Do you want me to repeat them?

We've had awful results away from home. A massive negative.

I'm not posting  the positives because I think everything is rosey. Like one or two others on here I post to add a touch of positive balance to the negatives.

I wouldn't post at all if there wasn't so much garbage posted by "real" derby fans like you. Go and scour the internet so you can find us another Conor Sammon clip  just to prove how bad we are. Top supporting Eranio.

What's Conor Sammon got to do with anything?! Another stupid comment, completely off topic.

You and the Uncle Alberto are the only ones posting garbage mate. "Oh oh we are improving" "it's a young side" "nowt to work with" same old rubbish every other day from you both. Fookin hell man, how many games does Albert even attend per season NONE. How much does Albert spend per year on the magnificent work his loverboy Nigel is doing? About a tenner on ramsplayer . Then he writes a boring topic about how great and what a hero Sir Nigel is - same old stuff he's mentioned in about a thousand other posts basically. Then he as the cheek to call someone a WUM? Funny stuff. Does he freeze his tits off watching absolute rubbish every other week, spending thousands home and away? Real supporter eh?

Then there's you, register on here and within a day moaning at anyone who's opinion differs to your own. Booooo wooooo! Why join a forum if every time someone calls for your loverboy Nigel to get the axe your gonna have a hissy fit? Makes no sense.

Archived