Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We'll get around 58... hopefully...

Until the last week I have not posted for a while, just sat at home or in hospital suffering the results. 

I never thought Clough was the man for the job, and still don't, that is my prerogative.

I have the experience supporting The Rams, this is my 61st season (though as I do of the current team, some may doubt my ability to comment :-)  ). 

I want us to win every game, but we don't win half of them, its NOT good enough for my team.

We may , as I see it, only get one more away point, and I hope it don't, but we may finish up praying that Millwall get to the FA Cup final :-).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the last week I have not posted for a while, just sat at home or in hospital suffering the results. 

I never thought Clough was the man for the job, and still don't, that is my prerogative.

I have the experience supporting The Rams, this is my 61st season (though as I do of the current team, some may doubt my ability to comment :-)  ). 

I want us to win every game, but we mostly don't win half of them, its NOT good enough for my team.

We may , as I see it, only get one more away point, and I hope it don't, but we may finish up praying that Millwall get to the FA Cup final :-).

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you're on the mend.

Possible replacement, Gary Rowett anyone?

Another manager unproven at this level.

If we're going to do that, what's the point of changing a thing? We could well end up exactly where we are!

Changing manager is a risk, always. Better to reduce that risk by appointing someone proven that has a record of taking clubs like ours forward.

And that's where it falls down. There aren't many in that bracket that would be willing to join us.

What's Conor Sammon got to do with anything?! Another stupid comment, completely off topic.

You and the Uncle Alberto are the only ones posting garbage mate. "Oh oh we are improving" "it's a young side" "nowt to work with" same old rubbish every other day from you both. Fookin hell man, how many games does Albert even attend per season NONE. How much does Albert spend per year on the magnificent work his loverboy Nigel is doing? About a tenner on ramsplayer . Then he writes a boring topic about how great and what a hero Sir Nigel is - same old stuff he's mentioned in about a thousand other posts basically. Then he as the cheek to call someone a WUM? Funny stuff. Does he freeze his tits off watching absolute rubbish every other week, spending thousands home and away? Real supporter eh?

Then there's you, register on here and within a day moaning at anyone who's opinion differs to your own. Booooo wooooo! Why join a forum if every time someone calls for your loverboy Nigel to get the axe your gonna have a hissy fit? Makes no sense.

Please don't use quote where I haven't quoted. For the record I think we're underachieving this season I just don't know who's fault it is. Kids or no kids you'll never find me a quote where I've said he's not nowt to work with. I think we've got some very promsing players.

What's how much you spend got to do with it? I spend 500 quid to get to A SINGLE GAME, does that give me the right to tell you you're a jerk.

There is no hissy fit Eranio, because I take the time to respond it's a hissy fit?? And it's garbage like that that makes you stand head and shoulders above everyone else.

if you were here to talk football there would be no need for these tit for tat threads. Discuss the football. You complain about me joining a forum to criticise you or others. Read your own posts young man. Not one angle other than clough out, not one. Come here to talk football?

Just because I don't have a Clough out towel hanging out of my window you feel the need to call me a clough lover.

What's Conor Sammon got to do with it? If i ever go searching on the internet to find a clip to show my fellow Derby fans how bad one of our own players is then I'll know I've hit an all time snakes belly low.

The only thing we'll all agree on we're not doing good enough.

Whether that is Cloughs fault. or the boards fault... it's someone's fault! There is cases for everyone saying they're trying their best, the board still putting themselves out and still making huge losses, Clough for working on a tight budget and bringing in the youth and the players for playing above their own current ability! 

As I said, something has to give - well, it doesn't but it should! 

The only thing we'll all agree on we're not doing good enough.

Whether that is Cloughs fault. or the boards fault... it's someone's fault! There is cases for everyone saying they're trying their best, the board still putting themselves out and still making huge losses, Clough for working on a tight budget and bringing in the youth and the players for playing above their own current ability! 

As I said, something has to give - well, it doesn't but it should!

At this point it could just be a bit of bad luck. We've been playing alright, we're just not getting results. If we pick up a few wins in the next few games everything will look a lot rosier. If we put on a late run we could still get to around 64+ points, not likely, but it would look a lot better. At this point in time though, there's virtually no difference between 53 points and 70 points.

At this point it could just be a bit of bad luck. We've been playing alright, we're just not getting results. If we pick up a few wins in the next few games everything will look a lot rosier. If we put on a late run we could still get to around 64+ points, not likely, but it would look a lot better. At this point in time though, there's virtually no difference between 53 points and 70 points.

Winners make their own luck, losers make their own luck, we haven't won in 8 games, so I wouldn't say that is unlucky, its one thing to say we are playing well and playing good football but we evidently aren't if we are conceding goals and losing games, football is a results game, you could play 'good football' in every match but still lose all 46. I think you need to take off the rose tinted glasses.

Winners make their own luck, losers make their own luck, we haven't won in 8 games, so I wouldn't say that is unlucky, its one thing to say we are playing well and playing good football but we evidently aren't if we are conceding goals and losing games, football is a results game, you could play 'good football' in every match but still lose all 46. I think you need to take off the rose tinted glasses.

It's true to an extent that one makes their own luck, but sometimes things just don't go your way, and it's been hard recently. That doesn't mean that there haven't been positives, and when we're now in a position where we're not going up or down, the key is the quality of performance and preparing for next season, not points on the board. Results are what people remember, but a lot more goes into a good season, and building for the future than just good results.

The two teams that were relegated with the Rams from the Premier have both gone up again since, true one came down again, and the other may well do this season but it didn't take them 10 ******* years.

What has this got to do with anything?

What's Conor Sammon got to do with anything?! Another stupid comment, completely off topic.

You and the Uncle Alberto are the only ones posting garbage mate. "Oh oh we are improving" "it's a young side" "nowt to work with" same old rubbish every other day from you both. Fookin hell man, how many games does Albert even attend per season NONE. How much does Albert spend per year on the magnificent work his loverboy Nigel is doing? About a tenner on ramsplayer . Then he writes a boring topic about how great and what a hero Sir Nigel is - same old stuff he's mentioned in about a thousand other posts basically. Then he as the cheek to call someone a WUM? Funny stuff. Does he freeze his tits off watching absolute rubbish every other week, spending thousands home and away? Real supporter eh?

Then there's you, register on here and within a day moaning at anyone who's opinion differs to your own. Booooo wooooo! Why join a forum if every time someone calls for your loverboy Nigel to get the axe your gonna have a hissy fit? Makes no sense.

He doesn't go? The **** I and many others have paid to watch espescially away from home has been unacceptable for four years. And it's not improving! People saying we're playing well baffle me. We pass it nicely from side to side, don't create chances and are woeful at the back!

How Albert sits there all positive about Nigel this and Nigel that I couldn't understand. Now I know he doesn't go it all makes sense.

He doesn't go? The **** I and many others have paid to watch espescially away from home has been unacceptable for four years. And it's not improving! People saying we're playing well baffle me. We pass it nicely from side to side, don't create chances and are woeful at the back!

How Albert sits there all positive about Nigel this and Nigel that I couldn't understand. Now I know he doesn't go it all makes sense.

Maybe he's Nigel.

One thing I will say is that a popular comment that I see re-occuring quite a lot is who else would take the job of managing DCFC? I think the answer is a heck of a lot of people actually!

We have a 33K capacity state of the art stadium, a large fanbase, a good core of young players coming through and training facilities that are premier league standard.

Even without much money to spend on players, we should be a very attractive proposition to any ambitious manager looking for a challenge.

Is that true Alb, you don't go to games, I have an excuse, I can't, but what's yours.

Whip out the personal attack eh? Full of class!

My excuse consists of 10,000 miles. If you want to pay for me to come and watch a few games, and cover my salary for the time I'd be elated.

Anyone else find it quite funny that a person so obsessed with stats has put our recent poor form down to 'bad luck'?

He's on the ropes

There are key improvements in several areas in the stats, the most striking currently is the fact that we have maintained a positive goal difference for most of the season, and if we can pick up a few wins we'll likely end the season for the first time under Clough with a positive goal difference.

Whip out the personal attack eh? Full of class!

My excuse consists of 10,000 miles. If you want to pay for me to come and watch a few games, and cover my salary for the time I'd be elated.

You could come on your hols and watch a few games.

What personal attack Drongo, I mealy ask a question .

I watch pretty much every game after the fact, knowing the result before watching it the vast majority of the time (as I normally listen to the games live). I guess not being there means that I don't generally get caught up with the emotion quite as much.

I spend a surprising amount on the club and watching the club by the way. Not as much as I would if I had the chance to actually go to games, but more than some would think.

You could come on your hols and watch a few games.

What personal attack Drongo, I mealy ask a question .

I don't really get holidays as such in my field at the moment, and won't until 2015 or 2016. It wasn't until recently that I had the money to make the trip by myself either.

Archived