10 games to go

blackNwhites

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said lose 1 win 9 so i could still be right - record breaking run to the end if the season 9 wins in row leaving us on 72 points - you heard it here first :)

Record equalling

I don't want to get into the play offs but would like to improve on last years points total. This would then keep the continious improvement thing going. Over the summer we could find a goal scorer and possibly a left back and may be a good fast right midfielder. Who knows we could be knocking on Mr Play Offs door next year.

If we beat leeds and one of forest or brighton fails to win over the weekend, the playoff drum will start to be beaten again.

I'm 99% sure we won't make it, but who thinks if, in the unlikely event we win all our games, we'll get into 6th?

I guarantee one of forest and brighton won't win, maybe both, as they are playing each other :lol:

I don't want to get into the play offs but would like to improve on last years points total. This would then keep the continious improvement thing going. Over the summer we could find a goal scorer and possibly a left back and may be a good fast right midfielder. Who knows we could be knocking on Mr Play Offs door next year.

Personally i dont think points tally will give a fair reflection on improvement this year, the league has been crazy with everybody beating everybody. We finished 12th last season right? Im guessing we could finish 12th this year and actually have less points than we did last year, if we finish higher than 12th than we have improved no matter how many points we have.

I'm going to stick my neck out here, but i still think we will finish top 10. Theres no reason why we cant, we have had a decent record this season of beating teams that are below us and apart from Leeds on monday all of our remaining games are againast teams below us.

Leeds will be three in a row.

That is the big stepping stone really.

Stranger things have happened, we could go on a ridiculous run like win 6 out of 7 remaining.

The good thing is most the teams we play are below us but the bad thing is that it means we can't have any "6 pointers" against teams above and close to us.

Lets just see what happens at lids because if we lose then that's the chance over. If there is actually a chance.

I like these threads. 

Based on nothing but optimism, I predict..

Birmingham (A) - W

Leicester (H) - D

Bristol City (H) - W

Leeds United (A) - W

Ipswich (H) - D

Blackburn (A) - L

Barnsley (A) - W

Peterborough (H) - W

Blackpool (A) - W

Milwall (H) - W

23 points from 30, no problem. That will leave us on 68 points and in 8th position (probably).

What's everybody else's predictions?

2/4

9 points from 10 predicted.  Up the fkn league we go!

If the current form (last 6 games) continues until the end of the season, Derby will take 9th, 4 points from the play offs. 

Bad News: Forest will finish 3rd.

Good News: Leeds will finish 22nd and get relegated.

Table would be:

Cardiff Hull Nottingham Forest Watford Crystal Palace Bolton Brighton Millwall Derby Birmingham Leicester Wolves Blackpool Peterborough Barnsley Charlton Burnley Ipswich Middlesbrough Huddersfield Sheff Wed Leeds United Blackburn Bristol City

If this happens, I will eat my whole outfit never mind just my hat. :D

Archived