10 games to go

blackNwhites

Of the 9 games left 5 of them are teams who have everything to play for.4 are in a relegation scrap

1 is going for the play-offs.The others should give us enough points to keep us well out of the

relegation zone,I have never had any fears on that score,nor have I had any hopes of a play-off

challenge.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 6 games starting next Friday at Bristol City are going to shape our season. 5 of them are against teams below us.

If we can get a couple of wins from there we'll be fine. If we don't we're in **** street.

We're displaying some alarming traits - inability to win away from home, throwing away leads, careless defending. Alot of the teams around us are picking up points along the way.

The 6 games starting next Friday at Bristol City are going to shape our season. 5 of them are against teams below us.

If we can get a couple of wins from there we'll be fine. If we don't we're in **** street.

We're displaying some alarming traits - inability to win away from home, throwing away leads, careless defending. Alot of the teams around us are picking up points along the way.

Bringing the game forward a day for no reason is also a factor that could have a big impact on the Bristol City game. With Ireland (Hendrick & Sammon) playing on the previous friday and then Tuesday it is quite an ask of them both. Considering Hendrick is the only good player left in the team, I'm worried.

Bringing the game forward a day for no reason is also a factor that could have a big impact on the Bristol City game. With Ireland (Hendrick & Sammon) playing on the previous friday and then Tuesday it is quite an ask of them both. Considering Hendrick is the only good player left in the team, I'm worried.

I hadn't realised that. So Sammon and Hendrick will be playing on 22 and 26 March and then facing Brizzle on 29 March. That could be interesting. Hendrick is our best performer at the moment, and if Sammon adds anything, it is his energy, strength and movement. He will need to be superhuman to really keep these things going with such a schedule.

All these fixtures against teams below us offer a brilliant opportunity to get back our form and possibly finish in the top ten. However, if we keep losing they could also be the 'perfect storm' where we manage to overcome the statistical probabilities and set some new records for 'freefall'.

The problem with having one outstanding performer, is when they look around and see who they're surrounded by, they look for the exit door. 

Whether Clough stays or goes, some serious investment is needed in the summer if we're going to stop players wanting away. 

I think a decent manager would have us further up the table, but there are positions that need strengthening. Badly, 

Date KO Opponent Venue Competition

16/03/13 17:20 Leicester City Home Pride Park FLC -

29/03/13 19:45 Bristol City Home Pride Park FLC -

01/04/13 17:05 Leeds United Away Elland Road FLC

06/04/13 15:00 Ipswich Town Home Pride Park FLC

13/04/13 15:00 Blackburn Away Ewood Park FLC

16/04/13 19:45 Barnsley Away Oakwell FLC

20/04/13 15:00 Peterborough Home Pride Park FLC

27/04/13 15:00 Blackpool Away Bloomfield Road FLC

04/05/13 12:45 Millwall Home Pride Park FLC

Predictions?

Date KO Opponent Venue Competition
16/03/13 17:20 Leicester City Home Pride Park FLC -  draw
29/03/13 19:45 Bristol City Home Pride Park FLC -  win
01/04/13 17:05 Leeds United Away Elland Road FLC - lose
06/04/13 15:00 Ipswich Town Home Pride Park FLC - draw
13/04/13 15:00 Blackburn Away Ewood Park FLC - lose
16/04/13 19:45 Barnsley Away Oakwell FLC - draw
20/04/13 15:00 Peterborough Home Pride Park FLC - win
27/04/13 15:00 Blackpool Away Bloomfield Road FLC - draw
04/05/13 12:45 Millwall Home Pride Park FLC - win

I prefer to be positive,with a hint of realism....  13 points, = 58 points

I like these threads. 

Based on nothing but optimism, I predict..

Birmingham (A) - W

Leicester (H) - D

Bristol City (H) - W

Leeds United (A) - W

Ipswich (H) - D

Blackburn (A) - L

Barnsley (A) - W

Peterborough (H) - W

Blackpool (A) - W

Milwall (H) - W

23 points from 30, no problem. That will leave us on 68 points and in 8th position (probably).

What's everybody else's predictions?

0/2 but only 1 point off projected points total... :ph34r:

I said lose 1 win 9 so i could still be right - record breaking run to the end if the season 9 wins in row leaving us on 72 points - you heard it here first :)

Fixture list has been a bit odd for us. We only have 10th placed leeds still to play from the top half. I think its better to play top sides towards end of season when they get nervous, like our unexpected point at Cardiff.

Just frustrating that we dropped quite as many points as we did this year. Wolves, Hull, Sheff Wed. Just another 6 points at this stage would have given us a great chance of playoffs.

Think Martin and a new Lb both coming in as loans in Jan might have made that difference. We've really missed Hughes too.

Despite our higher league placing last season and the longer time in the playoff hunt, I feel we are in a better position this summer to bring in the final pieces of the jigsaw.

With no one leaving and 2-3 first team additions, can't really see us not making top 6 unless lots of other teams improve. Surely Leicester can't keep spending and still be rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...

I like these threads. 

Based on nothing but optimism, I predict..

Birmingham (A) - W

Leicester (H) - D

Bristol City (H) - W

Leeds United (A) - W

Ipswich (H) - D

Blackburn (A) - L

Barnsley (A) - W

Peterborough (H) - W

Blackpool (A) - W

Milwall (H) - W

23 points from 30, no problem. That will leave us on 68 points and in 8th position (probably).

What's everybody else's predictions?

1/3

6 points out of the 7 I predicted so far.

Come on you ********!

Only 8 points from a play off spot.  :ph34r:

Archived