10 games to go

blackNwhites

I reckon Nige will give the youngsters more of a run out and we might see some interesting substitutions in these last 10 games.

We need only get about 7 points from them to be "safe" (which is a totally boring concept and should only ever apply to the mind-numbing Premiership).

The game plans will have a somewhat experimental feel to them and it may be more like watching pre-match friendlies.

Our form recently has been erratic bordering on self-destruction. Who needs the opposition to cause us to drop points like confetti?) and have cost us any chance of a decent position at the season's end.

I predict 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats, but a high entertainment rating in all 10 games!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get a couple of wins and its fine. just a shame what a mediocre season it will have been. i am very worried about the state of the finances at the end of this season however. looking at a real large offloading of decent players i think :-/ maybe hendrick, hughes and brayford all leaving for a combined £4million maybe to make up for lost ticket sales.

I like these threads. 

Based on nothing but optimism, I predict..

Birmingham (A) - W

Leicester (H) - D

Bristol City (H) - W

Leeds United (A) - W

Ipswich (H) - D

Blackburn (A) - L

Barnsley (A) - W

Peterborough (H) - W

Blackpool (A) - W

Milwall (H) - W

23 points from 30, no problem. That will leave us on 68 points and in 8th position (probably).

What's everybody else's predictions?

0/1

Of our remaining games I'd see them like this as estimates for odds.. (and I'm being generous)

Derby vs Leicester @ 9/5 bet $10 = profit $18

Derby vs Bristol City @ 13/10 bet $10 = profit $13

Leeds Utd vs Derby @ 3/1 bet $10 = profit $30

Derby vs Ipswich @ 13/10 bet $10 = profit $13

Blackburn vs Derby @ 3/1 bet $10 = profit $30

Barnsley vs Derby @ 12/5 bet $10 = profit $24

Derby vs Peterborough @ evens bet $10 = profit $10

Blackpool vs Derby @ 12/5 bet $10 = profit $24

Derby vs Millwall @ 13/10 bet $10 = profit $13

Obviously should we lose or draw from the blues.. Bet $10 on all the others it will give you $152 profit.. -$20 you'd lose on the blues and that's $132 profit..

Obviously you could earn more if you plug in a 7/9 accumulator but i'm not sure they even exist for remaining results..

Therefore 15/1 isn't too bad for someone who genuinely believes it's possible from this moment on.

Not for someone who thinks we'll win 7 of the last 9..

Well, I was at the time inhaling helium and was watching the elevation of everything around me.

Sadly, it soon wore off and I came crashing back down to Earth.

Aside from the fact it wasn't actually serious.

Archived