Cardiff City v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

I haven't seen the goals and just saw the result after coming back from a party to celebrate my 60th birthday - so happy birthday to me. So sorry to all you "anti" fans who wanted us to lose 8-0/let in at least 2 or 3 goals/ have no chance/blah. Pretty close call on your part but if you have a look at the result, we drew with the league leaders, who must be hopeless if we held them. I hope the result doesn't stick in your throat. If it helps, I'm delighted with it.

So, Clough out for not winning. And Sammon out for scoring too. He's really upset a few "fans" with that. 

Post of the night! It was a really good performance, we were on top throughout. And Happy Birthday!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from game. Would like to say I drove quick but in a city centre hotel.

I thought we were superb tonight. When I saw the line up I was really worried but from the off we got at them and well deserved a draw, if not all 3. Cardiff fans got at their players but they were shaky and a lot of Miss placed passes.

Legzdins 6 - right, having saw the goal and then watching the replays, i don't think he can be blamed. A cross was too high for him to get. He stays on the line and their guy has a free header. Why did Noone get in behind Roberts? Some poor kicking however. A few out of play and then seems to have the skill to hit it to the side of the pitch our strikers are not!

Valentin g 6 - shaky start but grew as the game went on. Definite booking early on but probably a good foul to commit.

Keogh 7 - won a lot in the air, good tackles, led the defensive line well. Should have scored second half from a Ben Davies free kick. Stop with the long diagonal pass. Never works!

Bucko 7 - similar to above really. Won his headers and distribution was good. No silly tackles or mistakes.

Roberts 6 - steady but didn't seem to offer Forsyth support infromt of him. Should have been covering for their goal but made his tackles.

Davies 7 - I actually thought he played well. Got on the ball and offered an outlet. Excellent set pieces and was a strong presence.

Coutts 6 - had a good game but at times his decision making poor. Still should not go near set pieces but otherwise a solid game.

Hendrick 8 - for me this guy is getting better and better. Dominated the midfield. Didn't see Whittingham get on the ball at all for them. Attacked, not scared to take people on. Unlucky not to score first half. I couldn't tell if his shot was blocked intentionally with a hand or not. Was always our player brining it through the middle. Only criticism tonight was he could have released the ball earlier a couple of times.

Forsyth 6 - quiet debut but definitely thrown into the deep end. Likes to try and cross early and look bright in the first half. Faded understandably as game went on.

Sammon 7 - excellent tonight. Been a big critic of his but he showed tonight he can add something to the team. Held the ball up, layed it off and I thought his finish was excellent. More please.

Martin 7 - again pleased with his contribution. Got on the ball, offered a lot. Sometimes the communication wasn't there with other Derby players but still had a good game.

Jacobs 5 - difficult for him to get into the game but he was very poor when he came on. Gave the ball away a lot.

Pleasing for me tonight was a desire to attack the game and to try and score. We had plenty of opportunities and we put them under pressure.

The criticisms (goal aside) was our strikers need to make runs for Hendrick and Coutts to slip it through and too often at set pieces, we never seem to have players in the danger area. Our players were making runs away from the centre. Very strange.

Well done fans and well done Flag man. (ramsfan69). For so,e really bizarre reason their stewards took the flag down in the 85th minute. No idea why.

Well done DCFC.

On the Rush and Nige rumours, you have to say there is definitely something not fit between them. It's coming across as a very different situation as it was with Glick - maybe Rush wants his own man?

ive seen no evidence of any situation between them - certainly noting that would make it "definitely" the case. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why you think its definite?

ive seen no evidence of any situation between them - certainly noting that would make it "definitely" the case. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why you think its definite?

Not definite, just a hunch - different vision to Glick that is definite!

Archived