Cardiff City v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda optimistic too, mostly because I am going to the game. It's rare for us to be outplayed these days and I can't believe the negativity. I think we will draw 1-1. Bryson to score.

I was there and I was right! Bryson would have scored the goal if he'd played.

We fully deserved our win though Cardiff were poor. Hendrick and Coutts excellent tonight.Jacobs was embarrassingly poor when he came on and Bennett should have replaced a very tired and unfit Martin.

And the fans were brilliant. We brought 200 and we're louder than you the key shout.

Just back from the game with slightly mixed feelings to be honest. If you'd offered a draw before the game I'd have bit your hand off and if you'd offered a draw after I saw the line-up/subs I'd have pulled both your arms off and possibly your legs too...

So I should feel delighted but the fact is Cardiff were so exceptionally w**k that I actually feel we've dropped 2 points tonight. 
The game epitomised what I love and what frustrates the hell out of me about Derby County at the moment. The players all showed fantastic spirit and some decent controlled football at times, yet there were also moments when they showed a real lack of experience and seemed to struggle to keep their composure.

The same can be said about Clough too tonight, he's done really well to get the players up for this game and achieving more than perhaps many would've thought with all the players we had missing. Yet he seemed to be oblivious to the fact that Chris Martin was dead on his feet and the last 10/15 minutes of the game completely bypassed him completely, add this to the fact that in my opinion our play had been crying out for some extra pace all game, then why did he not take the chance to give Bennett a run out? I think he could've made a big impact for us tonight and the pressure would've been off since the game was played in a church/library atmosphere.

Oh well. We can take a lot of positives from tonight's game but I just think we could've gone a bit further. Wow didn't realise I'd rambled on quite that long, night folks

Haha I didn't notice that! Could just be a typo though as he also thought he was right with his 1-1 prediction. Benefit of the doubt...

Apologies all! I was there til the end, though I nearly missed their goal due to the flag incident. Abertawe fan, we think the same thing about the game because some things like the Martin situation are so obvious - it's amazing that Clough and his backroom staff miss such things. It cost us because whilst Sammon was battling away, the ball often dropped free 40 yards out and Martin wasn't able to react. That meant we couldn't keep the ball in their half. I also don't think Sammon and Martin work together - they are too similar.

When I saw our teamsheet, I just couldn't see where the creativity was coming from. It was instead a night of great endeavour, more long ball stuff than usual and ultimately a game we could have won. Not quite 8-0 as some predicted...

Can't wait to predict Saturday's win.

I was there and I was right! Bryson would have scored the goal if he'd played.

We fully deserved our win though Cardiff were poor. Hendrick and Coutts excellent tonight.Jacobs was embarrassingly poor when he came on and Bennett should have replaced a very tired and unfit Martin.

And the fans were brilliant. We brought 200 and we're louder than you the key shout.

AnagRam is right , we did win. After all, Noone equalised for Cardiff did they?

Archived