Adam Legzdins v Frank Fielding

you-rams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can guarantee you that 100% Frankie won't be in goal for Derby at the start of next season

I wonder how much he will go for in the summer. 

I think the fact that he was in England under 21s might play a part. His age will help but the fact that we don't need him is likely to lower the price.

Perfect fit = Birmingham with Jack Butland leaving.

Ability wise there may not be much to choose between them but there is a big difference in temperament and judgement.

We can all recall two occasions on which Fenella seems to have had a rush of blood to the head which led to him being sent off leaving Lego to come on and let in a penalty.

In the Forest game the ten men won a memorable victory despite going a goal down in the first minute....the team knew they had a dependable goalie and got on with winning the game.

More recently the game was already won when the same thing happened again!

I would play Lego rather than Fenella in any game in which they are both fit but I would be glad to have such a great sub ready to come on if needed. There would, however, always be that little nagging voice that asks what would happen were lightning to strike thrice!?

All part of the joys of football management. :rolleyes:

I don't think there is a clear favourite amongst fans - so whoever goes/stays shouldn't cause too much anger.

Frankie cost us £400k and Adam cost us just under £200k

I suspect it may come down to who commands the biggest fee. You'd have to say that Frankie is the more valuable asset, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go

Or maybe Adam is being given the last game of the season to say his goodbyes to the fans?

Leggy in for Millwall as well as Blackpool

Does this mean the end of Frankie?

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-18804233-detail/story.html#axzz2RMJrHkZE

Yes, I think it does. With Nigel saying "This is a great opportunity for Adam" I think the writing is on the wall for Frank. Not too upset myself as I feel he is a bit short and therefore struggles on crosses/corners and ends up punching too much.

Yeah but don't forget we had a bizarre spell of consistently conceding from corners/set pieces when Adam had his run.

It stopped when Frankie returned.

Could  be coincidence but I know a lot of folk thought it was because Lego didn't command the area the same

Fielding is the better keeper for me, not much in it but I thought we seemed a bit more secure at the back with him in the side. Might not come for as many crosses but seems to organise well.

Sending off was one of those things, wasn't be the first time a keeper times it wrong, won't be the last either...

Archived