Adam Legzdins v Frank Fielding

you-rams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a strong supporter of Legzdins since he came into the side, but Frankie has cut out the mistakes that got him "dropped". Yes only 3 games...but 3 wins and 3 solid performances from him. The defence looks organised and confident in him. Although I believe it to also have something to do with Forsyth, the goals from crosses, corners and set pieces have been cut out. He's number one for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on what Frank has done since he's come to Derby, he should be number one. He hadn't played a competitive game for 5 months before the Leicester game, and I think he did well. Keepers need games just like outfield players and I don't think it's fair to have a go at him.

Based on what Frank has done since he's come to Derby, he should be number one. He hadn't played a competitive game for 5 months before the Leicester game, and I think he did well. Keepers need games just like outfield players and I don't think it's fair to have a go at him.

But its fair to call Clough a tool?

He made a glaring error and paid the price, that is all. I'm sure that he would be the first to admit that he cocked up through hesitating and ended up making a poor decision, but at the end of the day Legzdins is a more than capable replacement and we still cruised through the last half hour with 10 men (we only had ten men).

I like both Frankie and Adam and it is great to always have a good keeper to drop in when these things happen. Frankie did make a mistake against Posh but it was a split second thing, even if he had come immediately instead of hesitating there is no guarantee that he would have got to the ball. Personally, I think it is a nonsense when keepers get sent off like that for denying a goalscoring opportunity - the attacking side are given a penalty which is a pretty good goalscoring opportunity, and in most instances better than the one they had when the offence happened.

Archived