Adam Legzdins v Frank Fielding

you-rams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the game and then watched the replays on the screen. the cross was too high for him. He made a decision to come for it and couldn't get it. I dont fully blame him, if he stayed on his line their player would have buried it anyway as yet again mr Roberts is nowhere to be seen.

Wouldnt drop him at all.

I think Lego's put a really good shift in and worked his way into the team, although the equaliser tonight can only really be blamed on a poor starting position. I still think he has really earnt his place in the team.

I think he has cost us a lot of goals. Bring back Frank.

I think he has cost us a lot of goals. Bring back Frank.

I think Keogh has cost us a lot of goals too with poor positioning at set pieces and he's lost the run of a lot of dangerous players. But I still think he's earnt his place as our captain in Barker's absence. 

Just seen it again on SSN,but unfortunately it shows the ball being crossed,but not the starting position of those to the L of Legz at that point in time.I've often had a similar argument with people about linesmens' decisions.My line goes: how long would it take your average forward to run 100 metres,followed by how long would it take him to run 1 metre?

If the linesman/woman (assistant ref) is looking at a ball played from deep,whilst at the same time watching a forward on the move,how many times could he/she turn the head in 1 second,and therefore how many times in a split second?

In the time it took for that cross to reach the area,the landscape could have changed significantly from the situation that obtained when the cross was actually made.The eye can deceive.Jury still out for me.

Just seen it again on SSN,but unfortunately it shows the ball being crossed,but not the starting position of those to the L of Legz at that point in time.I've often had a similar argument with people about linesmens' decisions.My line goes: how long would it take your average forward to run 100 metres,followed by how long would it take him to run 1 metre?

If the linesman/woman (assistant ref) is looking at a ball played from deep,whilst at the same time watching a forward on the move,how many times could he/she turn the head in 1 second,and therefore how many times in a split second?

In the time it took for that cross to reach the area,the landscape could have changed significantly from the situation that obtained when the cross was actually made.The eye can deceive.Jury still out for me.

Clough out? just to be on the safe side?

Can you name an equally good replacement for Keogh?

I'm not suggesting replacing Keogh, but I think O'brien has a great deal of potential if he can become match fit. If Bucko stays fit and when Barker returns. I don't know though... I'd still prefer Keogh in the team. I was just making the point that players make mistakes and Lego's earnt his way into the team too. 

Clough out? just to be on the safe side?

Class,utch.

Got my second paragraph wrong-should have been how long would it take to look at the pass maker and turn the head to look at the forward? A lot can happen in that split second,like 1/2/3 metres. 

I'm not suggesting replacing Keogh, but I think O'brien has a great deal of potential if he can become match fit. If Bucko stays fit and when Barker returns. I don't know though... I'd still prefer Keogh in the team. I was just making the point that players make mistakes and Lego's earnt his way into the team too. 

Agree about O'Brien. While still very raw for such a demanding position I believe he has the capability of being a decent cb, certainly at this level anyway.

I don't think Lego's made enough errors to warrant being dropped,particularly when balanced against the good things he's produced.

"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones" (MA/JC/WS)  It's getting late.

Class,utch.

Got my second paragraph wrong-should have been how long would it take to look at the pass maker and turn the head to look at the forward? A lot can happen in that split second,like 1/2/3 metres. 

When I had to run the line for my sunday team (not very often cos I was too good a player to be left out, obvs) I always made the right call when it came to offside.

The dirty, cheating, chip-eating stokie ***** were definitely off. 

When I had to run the line for my sunday team (not very often cos I was too good a player to be left out, obvs) I always made the right call when it came to offside.

The dirty, cheating, chip-eating stokie ***** were definitely off. 

Straight reds?

Archived