Adam Legzdins v Frank Fielding

you-rams

After Fridays goal, and with the amount of goals we are conceding from corners does anyone else think its time Fielding was brought back into the side?

Clough keeps saying he is not concerned by the amount of goals conceded from corners, but seriously, it has cost us too many games and now means we are looking at the relegation zone rather than the play offs. I think its a case of Clough not wanting to admit that he made a mistake by not bringing Fielding back into the starting eleven.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying for a few weeks I'd have Frank back in. Legzdins has done well, but I don't think he's been quite at his best for a while and Frank deserves another go. I'd have him back for the run in and let them fight it out for the shirt next summer.

My source ain't reliable but he says he was talking to Matts Morch and Morch and when asked about any departures in the summer Morch said "Well, we have 5 goal keepers" or something along the lines. Any ways, I think he was suggesting that some goal keepers will be on the way out and that could mean either 1 of Lego or Frank

But just before I get called a WUM again, I'll actually contribute.

Legzdins is my (easy) choice. Fielding was class when he was on loan, and he started his career here very well. But when he settled in he became inconsistent. His goal kicks would go out for throw-ins, and his general distribution was dreadful. 99% of the time he kicked it long, going to the opposition. He didn't come off his line for corners and had no domination in the air.

How can people just simple forget this??? As soon as Lego makes a couple of mistakes its back to Fielding as though he never got dropped for a reason.

My source ain't reliable but he says he was talking to Matts Morch and Morch and when asked about any departures in the summer Morch said "Well, we have 5 goal keepers" or something along the lines. Any ways, I think he was suggesting that some goal keepers will be on the way out and that could mean either 1 of Lego or Frank

With Atkins and Deeney in the squad I'd love to know how you got to that conclusion, ha ;)

Legzdins is my (easy) choice. Fielding was class when he was on loan, and he started his career here very well. But when he settled in he became inconsistent. His goal kicks would go out for throw-ins, and his general distribution was dreadful. 99% of the time he kicked it long, going to the opposition. He didn't come off his line for corners and had no domination in the air.

How can people just simple forget this??? As soon as Lego makes a couple of mistakes its back to Fielding as though he never got dropped for a reason.

He was injured not dropped. When you talk about kicking, if you haven't seen Lego kick the ball three miles in the air but only forty yards on the pitch, you haven't seen him play

Without meaning to sound like a dick but...matts morch and morch? Is that a typo or are they twins?!? :o

WUM

Sorry, typo :) and networker, that did occur to me too but i just thought that either 1 is too :) good to be sat on the banch

Without meaning to sound like a dick but...matts morch and morch? Is that a typo or are they twins?!? :o

Deeney/Morch to go, i'd expect. Legdzins and Fielding will both still be here next season.

And i'd also quite like Fielding to come back in at some point, Legdzins probably could've done better with their first goal against Palace, almost certainly had time to dive down and drop on the ball if he'd kept going, but perhaps that's harsh.

Fielding is strong with crosses at times, but corners? There's not much either one can do if told to stay on the line and our players keep losing their men in the box. Keogh in particular has been poor with that at times. 

He was injured not dropped. When you talk about kicking, if you haven't seen Lego kick the ball three miles in the air but only forty yards on the pitch, you haven't seen him play

Right ok, I has this convo yesterday about whether he was dropped of just never got his place back. Yesterday I said he never got his place back but then thought, well why not dropped? He was #1 and he got injured. The #2 got in the team and when Frankie came back it is the general expectation that being our #1 he gets his place back. He didn't. Thus imo, he was dropped from the starting lineup to the bench. You agree? It makes sense, well atleast I think it does :p

Anyway talking about kicking, yes, I do see him play, most games. I just haven't seen him kick the ball like you describe...atleast not that often. maybe 3 or 4 times in the last year, but compared to it going out for a throw in...

Looking at a lot of the goals we have conceded from set pieces, I'm not sure how Frankie would have done any better? 

We are indeed losing too many goals but off the top of my head can't think of any where I'd hold Lego directly responsible.

Therefore I'd see no reason to drop him.

Looking ahead though, goalkeeper is one position we are spoiled in, would it make sense to sell one to raise money to spend in other areas? 

Archived