The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Would be brilliant, issue with the frees and being outwaged though. Sharp would be fantastic. We can dream!!!

I'm completely with you.. if you have other clubs involved the wages definitely become an issue.

I just hope with the expectation rising from the board, so does the investment - I don't think it's fair asking Clough to make a top 6 team from what he has had in the past, also don't want us paying huge wages from players that don't deserve it.. there is a pool of good players out there, we need to be cost effective! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rush has just been on Late Kick Off saying we need to strengthen with experience and that we're not far off at all. 

I believe him.

We're far off.. but, it wouldn't be good to come out and say it.

6 good experienced pro's depending on who they are and how they adapt (no guarantees in football) would make the world of difference though, and would put us in that position. I am pretty sure it's Cloughs last throw of the dice though, and I've got my fingers crossed for him.. There would be a fantastic feeling if we was to be promoted by a 'clough' 

Are we really that far off though? I think we have an extremely good base compared to the rest of the league, providing we can keep hold of certain players.

Definitely mate, I know he baffles us at times and his persistance when it's obvious to all it's not working (especially away) is enough to walk into the Derwent BUT he doesn't half deserve it, not just because of his name, he just f*cking loves us and I know we'll never have a manager who feels the same way. Sad really!

Just seen that Guly Do Prado would be available from Saints.. yes, him.. over Martin, impressed me no end last season!

Agreed. Looked class against us last season.

However, I think the obsession this board has with Billy Sharp is a bit much. He's travelled from club to club quite a bit - when was his last decent season?

For me, he's trading on past glories and we could possibly do better - he'd be a gamble...

However, I think the obsession this board has with Billy Sharp is a bit much. He's travelled from club to club quite a bit - when was his last decent season?

For me, he's trading on past glories and we could possibly do better - he'd be a gamble...

last season decent was last season, and he has been okay this season too... still Forest top goalscorer isn't he?  :ph34r:

If you look at Sharps goals to minutes ratio this season it's very good, he's usually on the bench with Henderson/ Blackstock with Cox. And yet he's still scored more than all 3 of them. A natural finisher, something we don't have.

We are not far off from a play off place finish. Do people look at how many points we finish on and how many 6th place finishes on season after season? We will probably finish (this season) 9 points from 6th place, that's only 3 more wins out of 46 matches. How many points did we throw away this season? The difference really is a defensive midfielder and if we consider that Tyson and Theo are not going to be here, someone to cover the goals they scored. 

If you look at Sharps goals to minutes ratio this season it's very good, he's usually on the bench with Henderson/ Blackstock with Cox. And yet he's still scored more than all 3 of them. A natural finisher, something we don't have.

I would love it if we could get Sharpe and Kevin Phillips. I'm sure Phillips is out of contract this summer. 

Didn't we have all this we are adding 6 players to push on before? It was the same two summers ago when we signed fielding, ward, Tyson, Robinson etc. I was reading the same things then as now.

I don't think there's been a message that no one needs to be sold before.

Are we really that far off though? I think we have an extremely good base compared to the rest of the league, providing we can keep hold of certain players.

Definitely mate, I know he baffles us at times and his persistance when it's obvious to all it's not working (especially away) is enough to walk into the Derwent BUT he doesn't half deserve it, not just because of his name, he just f*cking loves us and I know we'll never have a manager who feels the same way. Sad really!

I agree with certain parts, but for a whole season being competitive you need to be consistent - we've been miles away from consistency since we've proceeded with young players and a young team (admitted before that we was consistently bad) 

Even this year, we've only had a couple of consistent performers - a lot of them have performed in peaks and troughs. I think we are far away in the fact that we need to bulk the squad up, and have other options and dimensions when these troughs occur.

Don't think we are far away in quality, because on our day we will beat anyone - and by a good amount of goals too - but certainly quantity and perseverance.

Archived