sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jernade Meade on loan for a season.

Left back/Left winger

Arsenal

20yrs old

Are you the guy that puts all the rumours on that football-rumours site or do you get your rumours from there?

Apologies if not, it's just that this exact rumour appeared there this morning,

Are you the guy that puts all the rumours on that football-rumours site or do you get your rumours from there?

Apologies if not, it's just that this exact rumour appeared there this morning,

No sorry I didn't??

Someone else mentioned him to me today. However as you say that is a coincidence. I guess that's where they must have got his name from. I will ask them.

That rumours site is a joke anybody can post anything they want.

No sorry I didn't??

Someone else mentioned him to me today. However as you say that is a coincidence. I guess that's where they must have got his name from. I will ask them.

That rumours site is a joke anybody can post anything they want.

Yeah, I think perhaps he did. It seems like too much of an obscure suggestion to be a coincidence :lol:

I would not mind that Dwight Gayle from Peterborough.

Looks like Clough rates him too. Still 22 and not bad goalscoring record.

“The lad Gayle is probably one of the finds of the season in the Championship,” he said. “People thought they would struggle without George Boyd (when he was sold to Hull City in the transfer window) but Gayle’s done very well, as has Lee Tomblin.”

"http://s42.radikal.ru/i095/1304/a1/28137a48d19f" alt="28137a48d19f">

I wonder how much we are looking to spend this summer?

There seems to be lots of players available on free agents.

Martin Baptiste and Waghorn to begin with. 

Forsyth looks a shoe in and will only be 100-200k

I reckon most of the money will be on wages.

I'll put my few sense in here, for what it's worth.. for what I'd like to see.

I think an addition of an extra dimension, experience and finesse in the forward positions is needed more than most - without knowing the budget, I don't know what to expect.

I would like, infact love to see Billy Sharp here - he is the sort of striker we are crying out for, Forest played to his style under O'Driscoll, but now what? we know what he does well - everyone knows what he does well. How many times have we seen the ball flash through the box, or seen the ball knocked back and no-one has been there to take the chance? I would hazard a guess on 'chances created' we're far and beyond a lot of teams in this division... The Billy Sharp type striker is a pinnacle one for me,  

If we're after two strikers then this one would be a bit harder, I would be willing to give Martin a chance because of his ability but he needs to do more off the ball, offer a bit more and get fitter.

As for midfield, whoever said Chaplow I am 100% behind you - I said him at the start of last season, and the year before that.. exact sort of player we're crying out for - experienced, model pro... good footballer, hard worker.. strong in the challenge. 

Right midfield, I'd love to see Adam Hammill come in - not in favour at wolves but I suspect there will be interest, very good footballer different to Coutts - offers another junction.

Left Back, well, Forsyth seems likely - but wouldn't mind seeing Stephen Crainey come in for a couple of years, always looked good when i've seen him, again, got experience.

and Centre Back... Alex Baptiste would be an ideal signing - but we'll have to see, seems a bit unlikely - people will be scrambling for his signature.

Alex Baptiste - free
Stephen Crainey - free
Richard Chaplow - free
Adam Hammil - 400k/500k

Chris Martin - free

Billy Sharp. - 1million(ish)

Not much money in transfer fee's but I guess the wages would shoot up.. 

Just seen that Guly Do Prado would be available from Saints.. yes, him.. over Martin, impressed me no end last season! 

Archived