The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at Sharps goals to minutes ratio this season it's very good, he's usually on the bench with Henderson/ Blackstock with Cox. And yet he's still scored more than all 3 of them. A natural finisher, something we don't have.

But, despite all this, he's usually been on the bench?  And never really established himself at Southampton either...

I don't have anything against the guy, I just wonder if he's the sort of player who would need to be carried - and I'm not sure we're good enough to carry anyone quite yet.

But, despite all this, he's usually been on the bench?  And never really established himself at Southampton either...

I don't have anything against the guy, I just wonder if he's the sort of player who would need to be carried - and I'm not sure we're good enough to carry anyone quite yet.

Just think would you want Billy Sharp in the Derby County team next season or not? 

I would say yes no matter what has happened at Forest and Southampton. 

Southampton signing was a precautionary buy to ensure they got automatic promotion to the premier league, hasn't had the chance to establish himself at Southampton as they signed Rodriguez, Ramirez and already had Lambert, Llalana and Guly du prado.

At Forest the way they play does not suit strikers, hence why all their goals seem to be coming from midfield. 

He scored 19 goals in 35 games last season.

Scored 11 in 29 this season... Problem with Sharp is he doesn't really help the team out, he'll concentrate on his own game inside that box, which is what we need and would he would thrive here. We know Billy Davies game, about putting it in the air and down the flanks... Same football as McLeish - no wonder since O'Driscoll left he has struggled.

Most likely been said before but Danny Fox, the left back from Southampton, would be a superb signing. Much better than Forsyth and I don't think would demand that large a fee. This all depends on whether Southampton can keep Luke Shaw however. 

Adam LeFondre said he wants first team football weather its at Reading or not............Nigel sign him up !!!!!

Le Fondre would and up being a bigger f*** up than the Sammon deal, we'd have to pay way more than we could've two years ago!

I'd still love him though, but some people way back on the old DET forum were suggesting him when he was breaking through at Rotherham.

His goals to minutes ratio, at Prem level, in a struggling team, must be really impressive.

Archived