The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baptise Forsyth

Right Winger (bit of pace) Centre Mid (old head) 

Jackson Martin

If we sign 6

I'm not too sure if the right winger needs that much pace. I have been saying previously that someone with unreal pace like Llyod Dyer is what we need but we don't really have strikers that are likely to get on the end of crosses. I think someone that knows how to get past their man (not necessarily through pace) and create chances is what we need. if we are going along this experience route then somebody with lots of assists. 

It seems top be portrayed that we're heavily investing this summer in experience.

Baptiste- free

Forsyth- minimal

Crainey (?)- free

Martin- free

Jackson (?)- free

Hammil (?) - 500K

Other than wages, which will partly be covered by the likes of Tyson and Theo leaving, there's not much of an investment.

Unless we sign Billy Sharp of course  :D

So Defence we seem set on

Brayford Keogh Baptiste Forsyth...... Freeman as fullback cover, Buxton as centre half cover, Barker to come in potentially.

Forsyth will be on a very low wage coming from Scotland to Watford and not being a first team player and being young. 

Baptiste will be on a standard championship wage being a important first team player at Blackpool.

2-3k a week Forysth - 100-200k transfer fee

6-8k a week Baptiste - free agent Bosman

I'm not too sure if the right winger needs that much pace. I have been saying previously that someone with unreal pace like Llyod Dyer is what we need but we don't really have strikers that are likely to get on the end of crosses. I think someone that knows how to get past their man (not necessarily through pace) and create chances is what we need. if we are going along this experience route then somebody with lots of assists. 

Fair point. But the ability to take on a man is needed.

I for one will believe it when i see it, but i am looking forward to see what happens this summer, could be v-interesting!

So Defence we seem set on

Brayford Keogh Baptiste Forsyth...... Freeman as fullback cover, Buxton as centre half cover, Barker to come in potentially.

Forsyth will be on a very low wage coming from Scotland to Watford and not being a first team player and being young. 

Baptiste will be on a standard championship wage being a important first team player at Blackpool.

2-3k a week Forysth - 100-200k transfer fee

6-8k a week Baptiste - free agent Bosman

There will be a host of other Championship clubs after Baptiste, what would give us the edge over our rivals to sign him?

Fair point. But the ability to take on a man is needed.

I for one will believe it when i see it, but i am looking forward to see what happens this summer, could be v-interesting!

I have been told a few names in positions you wouldn't expect, kind of annoying that I can't say anything but thats the situation. 

2 people mentioned would be great signings with excellent, proven experience. 

Nothing.

Maybe the fact that he used to play with Buxton and Barker and he is local might play a part.

Just asking. Personally I think we are urinating in the wind, if he's any good then he will be going elsewhere and if he does sign for us means he's not very good QED what seamless logic lol 

Just asking. Personally I think we are urinating in the wind, if he's any good then he will be going elsewhere and if he does sign for us means he's not very good QED what seamless logic lol 

It makes sense that if he was good he wouldn't come to derby and if he does it means he isn't very good. 

But there have been signings in the past where we have beaten off competition. Barker had several clubs in for him including Forest (the club he supported). Shackell we beat Burnley who were desperate for him, it's rumoured that one of reasons why he went for derby was because of the other squad additions we were making. 

The same could work this summer; a kind of positive multiplier effect in that we could bring in one player and then other experienced players see the signings and feel more inclined to sign themselves.

I have been told a few names in positions you wouldn't expect, kind of annoying that I can't say anything but thats the situation. 

2 people mentioned would be great signings with excellent, proven experience. 

Who said these names?

It seems top be portrayed that we're heavily investing this summer in experience.

Baptiste- free

Forsyth- minimal

Crainey (?)- free

Martin- free

Jackson (?)- free

Hammil (?) - 500K

Other than wages, which will partly be covered by the likes of Tyson and Theo leaving, there's not much of an investment.

Unless we sign Billy Sharp of course  :D

love the look of hammil, sign him up nige!!

I can't say but I am really looking forward to this summer with a lot of optimism that some quality players will be coming in, just giving that consistency of performance because we have proved we have the tekkers.

Are you allowed to pm me more details if I take a vow of silence?

I've never told anyone about Boycie's court case, oh ****...

Archived