Give Clough 10 years?

rad1919

why are people thinking we are stable?

we are not stable, we are 'stagnant'! there's a massive difference.

stable is the word to describe West Brom before they became a yo-yo club, or Swansea before they caught up with us and eventually overtook us.

Norwich, were stable as a club, but needed a better manager.

Today I learned that stable means getting relegated...

...we are not stagnant, we have been in and around the upper mid table for a season before this one. That is not stagnant.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how people manage to slate what Nigel has done here. We were in free fall when he arrived, had a huge squad of low value ageing players, and had a huge wage bill to boot. In his four years here, he has more than halved the wage bill, reduced the average age of the squad, been instrumental in developing multiple players with a sale value, and improved our poistion in a positive manner, virtually year on year.

Clough has his shortcomings - but how anyone can see his performance as anything other than positive baffles me.

I do struggle with some Rams fans and their blind love of Nigel Clough on here. Ambitious is glad that Nigel is basically unqualified to manage any other club at this level - really? I think it makes him look a chump tbh. Upper mid table is seen as progress by others. Look around you folks - Rams fans are staying away in droves from PP because of how dull and uninspiring the team is, and the season ticket fiasco has probably added another couple of thousand to that total. And before anyone jumps on me over that last comment i mention it to illustrate how out of touch with the fans expectations the club are. Do they really think people are that happy with what they are being served up to just swallow another above inflation increase in their ST prices? Hughes and/or Brayford will be gone by the start of next season and their replacements will be nowhere near as good judging by Nigel's previous transfer history. Having followed the club through thick and thin for 30+ years I have never been more disinterested than I am now. The thought of another 6 years with Clough at the helm doesn't bear thinking about.

Hughes and/or Brayford will be gone by the start of next season and their replacements will be nowhere near as good judging by Nigel's previous transfer history.

This Is what frustrates me. You are complaining about Clough based on something that has not happened yet, and may not. What if they are not sold? What if they are, and he invests the money wisely, and we are stronger because of it. Cloughs signings (by and large) have been succesful in my opinion.

This Is what frustrates me. You are complaining about Clough based on something that has not happened yet, and may not. What if they are not sold? What if they are, and he invests the money wisely, and we are stronger because of it. Cloughs signings (by and large) have been succesful in my opinion.

The irony is, you're basing your faith in Clough in something which hasn't happened yet and based on previous, will never happen!

Whoever quoted Ferguson chose the wrong Scot to use as an example...

David Moyes...

First 5 seasons with Everton they finished 15th, 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th... and since then they haven't been ouitside the top 8... All that with relatively little money and working a lot with players he's bought from lower (some foreign leagues count as lower) leagues or the youth system...

Not pretending that Nigel is as good as Moyes (who I rate as one of the best 2/3 in the country) BUT it highlights the value of the slow and steady apporach and most importantly having faith in your manager...

Could maybe argue the same with Pulis?

The irony is, you're basing your faith in Clough in something which hasn't happened yet and based on previous, will never happen!

Why have you got a crystal ball?

Wait a minute I have it you must be Mystic meg!!!

Or maybe your one of the travellers from the Baseball ground who said we would never win anything at that ground!!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Well guess what you was wrong...

Are you watching 23 games a season only? Or do other teams in this league playing on the sand?

I'm really sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what any of the above means.

Just to be clear, I think we play better football now than we did four years ago. That's an observation I have made.

Archived