I'm vaguely curious

Albert

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you prove that - no I didn't think so - thus, it's just YOUR opinion.

You come on here, trying to ram your opinion down the throats of other posters like you own the bloody place. Always presenting opinion as fact. Well I'm sick of it. Clearly you don't go to every game and so, are not even entitled to an opinion...and you even spell things wrong sometimes!!!!

and that. Had me for a minute though

You know when you support a club and it doesn't matter for what reason..

If a guy supports Utd just because they win but doesn't show any emotions when they score/concede, or win/lose a game then in reality he's not really a supporter.. But if he supports them just because they're Englands no.1 but actually gets fustrated and shos emotions then you can say he is a genuine supporter, regardless of the reasons...

I know 100% that I'm a genuine supporter of Derby, Barca, Mexico, Jaguares and Spain.. When I watch these teams play I get involved in the games, I get fustrated when players/staff don't do certain things, I get a fuzzy feeling if one has just produced a sublime passage of play, and I naturally get happier should one take the lead and the opposite should we concede..

Everyone has their reasons for supporting side, and anyone can say 'they support X team' but they can only be proper supporters if the club has an actual effect on their behaviour..

As for opinions on this forum, different opinions causes debates which causes topics which helps create a better forum.. Can't remember who said it, but whoever put 'finding different opinions more intreresting than ones similar to your own' is absolutely correct.

You know when you support a club and it doesn't matter for what reason..

If a guy supports Utd just because they win but doesn't show any emotions when they score/concede, or win/lose a game then in reality he's not really a supporter.. But if he supports them just because they're Englands no.1 but actually gets fustrated and shos emotions then you can say he is a genuine supporter, regardless of the reasons...

I know 100% that I'm a genuine supporter of Derby, Barca, Mexico, Jaguares and Spain.. When I watch these teams play I get involved in the games, I get fustrated when players/staff don't do certain things, I get a fuzzy feeling if one has just produced a sublime passage of play, and I naturally get happier should one take the lead and the opposite should we concede..

Everyone has their reasons for supporting side, and anyone can say 'they support X team' but they can only be proper supporters if the club has an actual effect on their behaviour..

As for opinions on this forum, different opinions causes debates which causes topics which helps create a better forum.. Can't remember who said it, but whoever put 'finding different opinions more intreresting than ones similar to your own' is absolutely correct.

2 national teams?

Did I say I hated anyone? I do find it odd that an Englishman follows two national teams that aren't England.

He's English?

I thought that his hatred of England and all things English must have stemmed from choking on a crumpet as a child. .

Did I say I hated anyone? I do find it odd that an Englishman follows two national teams that aren't England.

Ah, the 'true Scotsman' argument...

...to be fair, whilst I find supporting two national teams odd, I can't fault people for who they follow, as long as they have passion for it.

I mean, what... I have since 2005 slowly grown a fondness for the A-league here in Australia, and have always supported Australia in terms of national teams. Everybody is different, has different backgrounds, different ideals, beliefs and ultimately we'll all support who we support for various reasons. To be blunt about it, I actually get a good laugh about England when I see what they do, the managers they hire, their selection methods, I can see why even "true Englishmen" would be disenchanted.

Dunno what we're talking about now but.........England put me to sleep everytime i watch them

I even slept thro the 5-1 win in germany

I used to think that the word 'heskey' was enough to induce an almost immediate narcoleptic response.

Then i thought it was the voice of Clive tyldesley....

Now i'm not awake long enough to wonder what it is.

Wake me up when we win the world cup.

My daughter was born in Truro. Are you saying that she should support Plymouth Argyle? It is not her fault that I spent 11 years learning to surf.

I have carefully 'helped' in her sporting education from the minute she was born. She has never had a choice in her footballing allegiences. Now we're back in Derby she has a Rams season ticket. Derby County has always been her 'local' club. The suggestion that this is wrong is just ridiculous.

No, she should have supported Truro FC, they would need her support now the trouble they're in.

It's easy to say, 'you should support your local team' but in principle it's bullsh*t. I do wish it was feasible and if i could go back, i wish i'd supported Margate FC and follow them home and away.

But how many 5-15 year olds can make a logical choice about who they support? You could have been influenced by a whole range of things at that age, and who the nearest club was is probably lower down that list. Who a family member of friends supports is the most likely.

I support Derby cos i saw us beat United on MOTD 3-2 when Wanchope scored that wonder goal. That's as far as my reasoning goes, no connection or link to the city or club, just a very strange child who made a quite random choice.

What a f*cking little **** i was.

Archived