I'm vaguely curious

Albert

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I have no right to an opinion based on how I see matches?

If you'd never seen a game before in any way at any time you'd still be allowed an opinion...

I think everyone would agree that whilst we have our disagreements the most important this is that we're all fans of the glorious DCFC (apart from maybe Bris... I think he's a Barca fan...)

I would however say that like anything, there are advantages to any way of watching... the advantage of TV/Online is instant replays, and being closer to the action... sometimes what looks genius live you watch back and realise was incredibly lucky! On the other hand there are things you will notice more when you're at the game cos you have a wider scope of vision... being able to see the movement of players off the ball and away from play is a big deal...

I'm a Derby lad and I joined the Navy when I was 18. I've travelled all over the place. Every time the match was on, no matter if you'd seen it or not, it still mattered. I'm a Dad now; my son was born in Watford (next door to their ground) and my daughter was born in Belgium. I've told them two things about the Rams since they could first understand what I was going on about.

The first is that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, throughout the season (sometimes twice a week and more if we get past the first round of the League Cup) there is a team that runs out and plays for you. Its what's in your heart that matters and the joy and hurt you feel just shows how important DCFC are to you.

The second is 'better dead than red'.

Archived