I'm vaguely curious

Albert

Depends on the opinion, that one is up there with the most idiotic and small minded I have seen on here. Go back through my posts, that is the first time I have ever felt compelled to really call someone on a post, there are loads of situations where it falls down, the most obvious being pointed out by cornwall and me. Not posting on it anymore as do not come on here to get angry, think what you like.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

I have never insulted you. There is no need for you to throw them at me.

"I'm of the belief that you should support the closest club to where you were born."

That's all I said on that matter. ALL I SAID.

If I said I am of the belief that Jesus Christ is our lord and saviour, would you spit insults and cry about it because you did not agree? If I said I like believe that Burger King is better than McDonalds, would you call it stupid?

It won't be popular because it is a stupid thing to say. I was born in Derby but my son was born in Malaysia, so by your logic he should support sarawak united - please. I accept the glory fans are annoying but if someone has a genuine affection for a club the last thing they need is someone assessing the merit of their support on someting as basic as birthplace.

Totally agree.

Every single person on both sides of my family were born in Derbyshire...apart from me.

Infact I've only lived in the county for an extremely short time inbetween moving houses. Despite that, it feels like home to me - visiting family every weekend growing up gives me a strong affiliation with the city. Luckily I've spent most of my life in the midlands so I've never been far away.

There was no way on earth I was going to support anyone else, even if I'd wanted to 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Wow lads, does every discussion have to end in a row? Bloody hell!

Now, kiss and make up. No scowls today, it's Friday. Dunno about you lot but I'm ready for tomorrows match, I'll do my shouting then.

Derby born and bred, always lived within the city limits, from Alvo to Mickleover.

Stopped going 3 years back as I had to start work which meant my Saturdays were swallowed up. But I make every game I can, take the day off for the big/local ones, (Forest away, Wednesday away), any 'local' to Sheffield away midweekers (Bolton [yes I know], Barnsley) and any midweek home games.

Watch the rest on the full 90, courtesy of RamsPlayer. or any that remain on tv (Brum at home)

IMO you need a valid reason to support a team. E.g born or live there or my family support them.

My dad once went to Germany to watch Berlin vs Bochum. He now always looks how there doing and there results.

If your reason is they always win then you can **** right off.

IMO you need a valid reason to support a team. E.g born or live there or my family support them.

My dad once went to Germany to watch Berlin vs Bochum. He now always looks how there doing and there results.

If your reason is they always win then you can **** right off.

Couldn't accuse a Rams fan of that in the last 35 years 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

"I'm of the belief that you should support the closest club to where you were born."

That's all I said on that matter. ALL I SAID.

Gillingham can f**k right off.

I welcome all fans to our club, it makes me even more curious as to their following if anything, if a story comes behind it, which it often does. Like many my connection is more than just to the club but to the city itself, for example, my ears ***** up if Derby is on the national news, this despite not having lived in the city for approaching 20 years now. Derby is always my home though, I carry my chance birthplace around with me like an unearned badge of honour, its that sense of identity, you'd be surprised how many people wouldn't understand that, the same mob who can't understand why the whole world doesn't start making daisy-chains together.

TobyWanKenobi

Gillingham can f**k right off.

What do you have against Gillingham?

How would you feel if someone born in Derby, or even England said "They can f**k right off"? Just because they were a poor team?

If I said I am of the belief that Jesus Christ is our lord and saviour, would you spit insults and cry about it because you did not agree?

No, but I would call it stupid.

If I said I like believe that Burger King is better than McDonalds, would you call it stupid?

No, but I would spit insults and cry about it because I don't - wait - I do agree with that! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What do you have against Gillingham?

How would you feel if someone born in Derby, or even England said "They can f**k right off"? Just because they were a poor team?

People make their own decisions, for whatever the reason may be, and that's how it should be.

It's nothing to do with Gillingham being a poor team - they were the first team I was taken to see when I was about 4, back in the 1950's. I was born in Gillingham. It was always a case of supporting Derby though, even in those days but my Dad was in the army so we would only ever get the chance to see them once or twice a year. He used to tell me about the cup final, about his mate Reg (Harrison) who he served with in the army, about Uncle Jackie (not a proper uncle but very close to the family), about Sammy Crooks. We went to see Gillingham because it was football.

oh no it's not!

Can you prove that - no I didn't think so - thus, it's just YOUR opinion.

You come on here, trying to ram your opinion down the throats of other posters like you own the bloody place. Always presenting opinion as fact. Well I'm sick of it. Clearly you don't go to every game and so, are not even entitled to an opinion...and you even spell things wrong sometimes!!!!

Archived