The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ironic cheering was by ****** with no sense of decency. If they find it acceptable to pillory a decent and hard-working person trying their very hardest, then it simply shows them up for the pathetic bunch they are.

I get fed up of people from that part of the ground moaning that the atmosphere in the rest of the ground is poor when their own contribution is so mean spirited and detrimental to the spirit of the team.

You can argue that you've paid your money and have the right to make your opinions known. in the same way I defend my right to call you an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Thought he had a good game. It would have been really good if he could have topped off the game with a goal, unfortunately wasn't to be. 

Did plenty tonight for everyone to see, nice assist, got the third move going and his cut back to coutts in the first half nearly ended in a goal too, just a 6 inch white thing in the way. 

He's had some **** games at Derby this season but tonight was a good night. 

Radio Derby hit the nail on the head, people who get that bothered about Sammon missing a sitter after a commanding 3-0 win in a game he played well in need to get a life. Sad little lives people must lead if it bothers them that much. 

The ironic cheering was embaressing

I think that it just shows the the people who did it as shallow, small minded dullards who most certainly need to get a life. The club should be embarrassed to have them anywhere near the ground. An absolute disgrace. 

The ironic cheering didn't start until after he sliced a Stern John like volley wide by 60 foot. That sums him up.

The fact is that I think 95% of fans can see that he will never be good enough to get Derby out of the Championship. (except down a league) and that depresses me. In Cloughs eyes, he can do no wrong, so I don't see anything changing, so we are stuck with him. Now short of putting in a 25 goal striker next to him, so his ten goals, and general poor play are sidetracked, we won't be good enough. However, as a club its very doubtful that we will get that striker next to him, so we are stuck with him.

That's why I am depressed about dcfc.

I think that it just shows the the people who did it as shallow, small minded dullards who most certainly need to get a life. The club should be embarrassed to have them anywhere near the ground. An absolute disgrace. 

If they don't turn up the atmosphere would be even worse, if that's possible.

You ought to of seen the states of some of the absolute c*nts - and in no uncertain terms, they are absolute c*nts! who are an absolute embarrassment to the club, I don't think I have been that frustrated at a football game for a long time. 

Sammon played very well, missed an absolute sitter that was ridiculous but he was the only player in the forward 6 that was worth his salt last night.. for me, anyway! 

Thought he had a good game. It would have been really good if he could have topped off the game with a goal, unfortunately wasn't to be. 

Did plenty tonight for everyone to see, nice assist, got the third move going and his cut back to coutts in the first half nearly ended in a goal too, just a 6 inch white thing in the way. 

He's had some **** games at Derby this season but tonight was a good night. 

Radio Derby hit the nail on the head, people who get that bothered about Sammon missing a sitter after a commanding 3-0 win in a game he played well in need to get a life. Sad little lives people must lead if it bothers them that much. 

Fact is that if his general play was tidy, he would still be at Wigan. A lot of the forwards in this division who score goals are also guilty of laziness and this can lead to goals conceded. Conor is an honest lad who works hard for the team - and his confidence is hardly going to be buoyed by moronic chanting.

I am wondering when the Jamie is awful thread is going to start. When he back passed the penalty he was recieved with encouragement from the crowd. In my book missing a peno is school boy error. Then half way through the first half he looked to be faking an injury may be to come off early if he made another mistake. People seem to forget some things during the match and remember others.

I am wondering when the Jamie is awful thread is going to start. When he back passed the penalty he was recieved with encouragement from the crowd. In my book missing a peno is school boy error. Then half way through the first half he looked to be faking an injury may be to come off early if he made another mistake. People seem to forget some things during the match and remember others.

...and the Chris Martin fan club is quiet today. Against a rank poor side he neither made nor scored a goal. He doesn't look any fitter or sharper since his move. We can do better than him. Give me a keen young'un any day.

I agree with the sentiments above, if Sammon is awful - we definitely have no good players, because no player in our team is significantly better than him. 

so, where do we draw the line? is our whole team awful? if we was a top 6 premier league side, then yes. Our team is awful. 

Sammon was ok last night.

Not sure what the problem with the chanting was, it may have been started in jest, but people around me who like sammon joined in as an act of encouragement.

So now we moan when the fans are quiet, when they boo and now when they sing a players name....strange

Sammon was ok last night.

Not sure what the problem with the chanting was, it may have been started in jest, but people around me who like sammon joined in as an act of encouragement.

So now we moan when the fans are quiet, when they boo and now when they sing a players name....strange

From where I was sat it didn't sound like encouragement. Not when he got a cheer for passing the ball,heading it. I may be wrong but there seems to be a lot of people who didn't see it as encouragement. I hope it was though.

I agree with the sentiments above, if Sammon is awful - we definitely have no good players, because no player in our team is significantly better than him

so, where do we draw the line? is our whole team awful? if we was a top 6 premier league side, then yes. Our team is awful. 

Disagree with that bit - Sammon is average, not awful, but Hughes, Brayford, Hendrick and Keogh are all significantly better.

We'll create a better atmosphere if we chant the club's name in a positive fashion throughout. I heard Andy Garner say he doesn't know why it's so quiet. I think the club should get together with the guys who start the chanting to discuss ways of improving things. We should look at greater amplification and mix the crowd up a bit so there's not just one noisy corner. We would need to be prepared to accept stewards recording things to ensure the chanting remains acceptable, but then if we're cheering the team not dissing the opposition it should be.

A lot of the crowd are middle aged and self conscious about singing. Perhaps we need a singing coach or motivational guru in to discuss how you get people to sing? I know it sounds barmy but we need something radical. 

Archived