The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

I know it sounds harsh, but you cannot take anything said by a player or a manager directly involved with a player they are judging seriously! Quite simply, they are bound by code of conduct to be complimentary and supportive. it's only when they quit the game/club/job that a player or manager will give their honest opinion.

I would generally pay more attention to what fans think when it comes to positive feedback. For example the Norwich fan who posted the other day about Chris Martin gave me more insight and i trusted his judgement more than when I read/heard what Clough said and Hughton.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Trapattoni looks at what is out their and is trying all options, I mean there arent many options for him and they arent pulling up any trees at them moment.

i would look at the all round game, I see possesion conceded because the ball bounces off our C/F and results in an attack for the other side then I would look at this as an area of weakness, if he was scoring a lot of goals then I could sort of see your point. Didnt Clough openly slate one of our forward players that resulted in a goal, defending should be done as a team.

And no they are not wrong, I asked who said what, as I dont rate the job he is doing now, and I was interested to see what they said he was doing that I was missing and maybe Ill look out for this next game, as yet im still looking for the quote that tells me this.

Well here is the quote from Ward:-

"Sammo does a lot of the dirty work and I get the plaudits. Sometimes people need to realise the hard work Sammo has done and how he makes it easier for me," said Ward.

The pairing has started only 11 league [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ward-grateful-Sammon-helping-rich-vein-scoring/story-18167312-detail/story.html#][size=2]games[/size]http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1, in which Ward has found the net eight times.

If anyone understands and is grateful for the unselfish, tireless work of Sammon, it is Ward.

Sammon has scored seven goals in 30 starts since his move from Wigan Athletic in the summer.

His contribution and the fact he adds a crucial focal point to the attack is not fully recognised by everybody but it is no coincidence that Derby are one of the top scorers at home in the division

"Football is about opinions," said Ward. "If you have a football brain, you will realise what he does for the [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ward-grateful-Sammon-helping-rich-vein-scoring/story-18167312-detail/story.html#][size=2]team[/size]http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1. The whole team benefits from the work he puts in.

"I know what he does for the team and I know what he does for me.

"We are striking up a good understanding."

Make of that what you will.

I'm guessing that he means Sammons work and movement mean that the defenders have to pay a lot of attention to him and this creates more space for Ward.

I know it sounds harsh, but you cannot take anything said by a player or a manager directly involved with a player they are judging seriously! Quite simply, they are bound by code of conduct to be complimentary and supportive. it's only when they quit the game/club/job that a player or manager will give their honest opinion.

I would generally pay more attention to what fans think when it comes to positive feedback. For example the Norwich fan who posted the other day about Chris Martin gave me more insight and i trusted his judgement more than when I read/heard what Clough said and Hughton.

Really? I have never come across a contract in any walk of life that states you have to be complimentary to your colleagues.

Kris Commons will probably be in trouble after his little outburst last week then!

Well here is the quote from Ward:-

"Sammo does a lot of the dirty work and I get the plaudits. Sometimes people need to realise the hard work Sammo has done and how he makes it easier for me," said Ward.

The pairing has started only 11 league [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ward-grateful-Sammon-helping-rich-vein-scoring/story-18167312-detail/story.html#][size=2]games[/size]http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1, in which Ward has found the net eight times.

If anyone understands and is grateful for the unselfish, tireless work of Sammon, it is Ward.

Sammon has scored seven goals in 30 starts since his move from Wigan Athletic in the summer.

His contribution and the fact he adds a crucial focal point to the attack is not fully recognised by everybody but it is no coincidence that Derby are one of the top scorers at home in the division

"Football is about opinions," said Ward. "If you have a football brain, you will realise what he does for the [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ward-grateful-Sammon-helping-rich-vein-scoring/story-18167312-detail/story.html#][size=2]team[/size]http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1. The whole team benefits from the work he puts in.

"I know what he does for the team and I know what he does for me.

"We are striking up a good understanding."

Make of that what you will.

I'm guessing that he means Sammons work and movement mean that the defenders have to pay a lot of attention to him and this creates more space for Ward.

So that bolded quote from Jamie Ward, it reads to me like if you don't rate Connor Sammon then you don't have a football brain.

For what it's worth, I agree with Jamie. It's as close as he can get to tell the idiots who hammer him to shut up.

Well Done Jamie Ward.

Really? I have never come across a contract in any walk of life that states you have to be complimentary to your colleagues.

Kris Commons will probably be in trouble after his little outburst last week then!

yeah he was. think it was a two week fine and a reet rollocking!

i would look at the all round game, I see possesion conceded because the ball bounces off our C/F and results in an attack for the other side then I would look at this as an area of weakness, if he was scoring a lot of goals then I could sort of see your point. Didnt Clough openly slate one of our forward players that resulted in a goal, defending should be done as a team.

You make it sound like every time he gets the ball he loses it, id say roughtly 6/7 times out of 10 he traps the ball, holds it and passes to a team mate, job done. If Sammon kept hold of the ball everytime it went into him 1. He wouldnt be playing for us 2.The manager of the defending team would have to put a rocket up his centre halves backside for not doing enough.

You make it sound like every time he gets the ball he loses it, id say roughtly 6/7 times out of 10 he traps the ball, holds it and passes to a team mate, job done. If Sammon kept hold of the ball everytime it went into him 1. He wouldnt be playing for us 2.The manager of the defending team would have to put a rocket up his centre halves backside for not doing enough.

I'd be interested to know if that's true, I don't count them, but would be surprised if this is correct, fair play if so.

Hmm interesting comments from NC about Sammon in the DET

Clough said Rams striker Conor Sammon lost his man at the corner, Ekstrand, who knocked the ball down and past goalkeeper Adam Legzdins from six yards.

Asked if he felt Legzdins could have helped out, Clough said: "No, the corner came in far too low.

"Everybody is allocated a man. Unfortunately, it was Conor Sammon's man that scored.

"We just have to have a bit more desire to keep the ball out of our net.

"When you get an individual job like that, you have got to make sure your man doesn't score.

"We have to work on that individually and as a team."

Sammon moved to the right of the three when Martin came on and was then replaced by Mason Bennett after 72 minutes.

Clough said the switch was tactical.

"Conor wasn't too good, so we gave Mason a go," added the manager.

Sammon has scored seven goals in 35 appearances since his move from Wigan Athletic in the summer but he is without a goal in nine matches.

Hmm interesting comments from NC about Sammon in the DET

I think that's Clough telling the truth, in the same way he was building Connor up when he was playing well and telling everybody what a great job he was doing for the team. He also mentioned Michael Jacobs not shooting was the main reason he was taken off at half time.

If the players are not doing what they're asked to do then get em off until they learn what's required.

I still think he'll start against Palace. Got a feeling we might see 4-3-3 again. Jacobs left out to make way for Martin, Ben Davies harshly back on the bench to make way for Bucko and we're back to the best available back four.

So that bolded quote from Jamie Ward, it reads to me like if you don't rate Connor Sammon then you don't have a football brain.

For what it's worth, I agree with Jamie. It's as close as he can get to tell the idiots who hammer him to shut up.

Well Done Jamie Ward.

Not that I condone any of the stick Sammon gets, Ward isn't going to say 'he rubbish and I can understand why fans get on his back' though.

Not that I condone any of the stick Sammon gets, Ward isn't going to say 'he rubbish and I can understand why fans get on his back' though.

I wouldn't disagree with that Alpha but perhaps he could have been a little less complimentary in his support. The interview I watched was Jamie giving Connor a massive glowing endorsement.

We've all seen and heard Jamie enough to know he speaks him mind.

Archived