Championship managerial merry go round

PistoldPete

is it worse than usual this year?

Wolves Blackburn and Forest have sacked two managers each since the end of last season.

And Blackpool have rather carelessly lost two managers who have walked.

Other sackings at Bolton, Ipswich, Barnsley and Bristol City , plus Freedman left Palace. So thats at least 13 changes in about 6 months.

Just seems crazy to me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it worse than usual this year?

Wolves Blackburn and Forest have sacked two managers each since the end of last season.

And Blackpool have rather carelessly lost two managers who have walked.

Other sackings at Bolton, Ipswich, Barnsley and Bristol City , plus Freedman left Palace. So thats at least 13 changes in about 6 months.

Just seems crazy to me.

Twas mentioned the other day that not one of those clubs has been in for the one manager who has a flawless record of taking teams to the play offs.

Billy Davies' name must be absolute dogshite among the football community not to be even linked to some of those jobs. Any other manager who, in a 6 or 7 year period, had taken 3 separate clubs to the play offs would have been snapped up by now.

Twas mentioned the other day that not one of those clubs has been in for the one manager who has a flawless record of taking teams to the play offs.

Billy Davies' name must be absolute dogshite among the football community not to be even linked to some of those jobs. Any other manager who, in a 6 or 7 year period, had taken 3 separate clubs to the play offs would have been snapped up by now.

cos he's a tosspot..

He's hard to work with, outspoken, big headed, and he's a tit. I don't blame them, specially as he'll spend millions on championship quality players just to get them promoted, and then have to spend millions more on premiership quality players just to stay there. Also, there's no guarantee that money will be well spent- the only time hes managed in the prem was with us, an look how that turned out!

cos he's a tosspot..

Exactly, we all know that - but my point is that chairman/boards of those clubs are not prepared to offer him the job with as good a guarantee of reaching the play offs as it is possible to get.

Just wondered why he is persona non grata after leaving the gumps.

BTW, i'm not campaigning for Billy, he'd be the last person I'd want at Derby, but its strange that all those clubs aren't interested in him as well.

Why would Villa sack Lambert?

They are 90 minutes away from a League Cup final, which if they won, would be their first major silverware in 17 years and their first taste of European football for three years.

Sure, they are in a relegation battle but they are hardly cut adrift. They are only in the bottom 3 on goal difference. It would be a knee-jerk reaction to sack Lambert, especially considering the state of the club when he arrived.

It's a very young side and he simply needs more time.

Good point made by Uttox about Billy Davies.

It seems strange to me too that there is this managerial merry-go-round every year and several casualties in the Championship and no-one seems to show more than a fleeting interest in Billy.

He did a really good job at Forest and didn't deserve to be sacked. I can only assume he's holding out for a job north of the border.

Archived