Brighton v Derby County

Day

Amazing how much football changes over the years.. A good 6 or 7 years ago a Brighton fan came onto Radio Derby and said how delighted he was with a point as we absolutely murdered them the season before 3-0.. They were in a rented olympic stadium getting the worst attendances in the league and they were destined for relegation

Now the roles are reversed, some of our fans are saying they'd be delighted with a point going against a promotion chasing Brighton who have the best attendances in the league.. Amazing really.

Anyway.. This has low scoring all over it..

0-0 FGS A scuffed Theo finish during the halftime practice

Hardly. I'd be surprised if they finished more than 5 places above us. Hardly leagues apart are we?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton 2 - 0 derby

we're every bit as good as an under strength Newcastle side, so I'll go for Brighton 3 - 1

Mackail-Smith (fgs), Lopez, Dicker

Hughes

1-0 to Brighton 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

2-0 Brighton, FGS Mackail Smith

We don't score many on the road & they're better at keeping the ball than we are. A perfect storm I'm afraid.

Boooooooooo..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Hardly. I'd be surprised if they finished more than 5 places above us. Hardly leagues apart are we?

I wasn't implying that.. I was implying that the transformation of Brighton over the past 7 years has been brilliant..

It would be like us fighting for a top 6 spot in the PL getting attendances of 45,000 plus in 7 years time..

2 - 3

Fantastic, end to end, edge of your seat stuff, an opening goal from Brighton but Sammon has the final say after being pecked by the gulls all afternoon with a 30 yard belter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Says it all really.

So I'll take the lads to win 2-3 anorl but I'll settle for the 30 yard special to come from Will after Sammo was chasing his hat-trick in a thrilling come back in the final 25 minutes!

I wasn't implying that.. I was implying that the transformation of Brighton over the past 7 years has been brilliant..

It would be like us fighting for a top 6 spot in the PL getting attendances of 45,000 plus in 7 years time..

Haha, you can't even comment on other clubs now without getting shot at!

I agree with you and not enough is said of it, Brighton's transformation has almost been as spectacular as Swansea.

If Brighton get promoted you won't hear the end of Brighton's story, but for now it's a bit of a taboo subject because they're in the Championship.

if theres a club that deserve a bit of success, it's probably brighton

?

I don't like the fact that 5 years ago they couldn't sell out the withdean, a new ground and they're full to the brim boasting about attendances....

'where were you when you was ****' comes to mind 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

If there is a club that deserve a bit of success, it's probably Derby IMO - we get promoted, and then pummelled every game still managing a 30k+ average attendance and retaining the crown of worst team in history whilst obviously get relegated, suffer year upon year of cost cutting and bringing the youngsters through in the hope of some gems.

So for the love of christ, can we just please have a little, tad, smudge of success... anything! oh, and coventry too.. I feel bad for them.

?

I don't like the fact that 5 years ago they couldn't sell out the withdean, a new ground and they're full to the brim boasting about attendances....

'where were you when you was ****' comes to mind 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

If there is a club that deserve a bit of success, it's probably Derby IMO - we get promoted, and then pummelled every game still managing a 30k+ average attendance and retaining the crown of worst team in history whilst obviously get relegated, suffer year upon year of cost cutting and bringing the youngsters through in the hope of some gems.

So for the love of christ, can we just please have a little, tad, smudge of success... anything! oh, and coventry too.. I feel bad for them.

I do agree to an extent, but it's hard to attract people when you're struggling in League 1/League 2 playing at an athletics track that is absolutely dire to watch football. Dunno if you ever went, but it really was shocking, miles away from the pitch, no roof and **** facilities.

I was more referring to the fact that they had there ground taken away from them, after years of trying to save it, almost went of out of business, had to ground share with Gillingham (over 70 miles away) for many years, then having to play at an athletics stadium for 10 years. How are you supposed to attract new fans under those conditions?

What ever **** we've been through, we've always had a home and played in our own city.

Archived