Brighton v Derby County

Day

I was there at the Game. We set up wrong from the off. We had a right back at centre back a right winger on Left wing and a inexpierenced right back.

We let 2 sloppy goals in early and then tried to bring ourselves back together.

I don't think we need to panic at all. no need for 4/5 players we just had injuries and tried a new system as we are missing Bryson. We looked good in the second half.

To be honest I also think it was the fans fault as well. I didn't hear 1 song in the first half as we were 1 nil down after 2 minutes we all went back in our shells.

In the second half when we started singing Derby woke up and went for it.

Where is that drummer from the Bristol game. We need him banging away at every away game.

Steady on, don't forget he's got a job to do.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I moissues were really threefold,

1. Roberts had anis back next season, and hopefully will be back to what he was before, but without a pacey LB and a midfield destroyer (particularly impotant for away games), we will struggleto progress IMO.off day.

2. OB had a stinker

3. The midfield never get beyond Sammon. He held the ball up well, but always had to pass it back into midfield, and we lost yards up the field. As a result, we did not put in enough crosses or have enough shots.

We already know we need a new LB, CB and CM. Barker Itly agree with WLR. Brayford playing CM shows that Clough is aware we needa more mature defensive CM. We don't have one, so he gambled on JB being up to the task, on the basis that Freeman would deputise at RB effectively. To my mind, that worked to a degree.

The I

Bueno?

Well what exactly was the point of bueno?

I liked him as a player but he was never going to stay and his commitment seemed to fade the nearer we got to the end of his loan period.

He even ended up wrestling with commons over who was going to take a free-kick.

If we had bought him and he was our player, committed to the club etc then it might have worked out, but as it turned out it was really an indulgence and a waste of money.

I tend to stay off these threads because the things said after wins and defeats are always over the top. You only seem to get realistic comments after draws on here.

We got the formation wrong, so we lost. That's it. Doesn't make the squad any worse than it was before the Brighton game. The win against Boro didn't make us any better.

We look like a top half side, and we're only a player or two off the top six.

Chin up, we've got Forest on Satdee.

Well what exactly was the point of bueno?

--------------------Kuqi--------------------

Commons-----Bueno-----Cywka

DOMINATED at one point. Bueno was a class above, he has scored for Real Madrid.

Yes his mind might not have totally been there but you can't deny Alberto Bueno at Derby County Football Club had no point.

I tend to stay off these threads because the things said after wins and defeats are always over the top. You only seem to get realistic comments after draws on here.

We got the formation wrong, so we lost. That's it. Doesn't make the squad any worse than it was before the Brighton game. The win against Boro didn't make us any better.

We look like a top half side, and we're only a player or two off the top six.

Chin up, we've got Forest on Satdee.

maybe only away fans should be allowed to post after game. the guy from brighton's post was very interesting.

Please mention if u went to the game too. i know when to save my pinches of salt.

We've been poor away this season and we've got a few players out so nige tried something new. a sloppy goal after a couple of mins dont help but the experiment wont probably be repeated.

There was no need for Nigel to try something new???

We are tried and tested at 442. it makes no sense.

We played it at charlton and it got us a point all the other games except Bristol 451 has got us nothing.

If clough was going to change it up away from home surely the first attempt would be 442.

how many times, it's not the formation, we've been w*nk away from home for years, cloughs entire time here where we've tried a range of formations. We played exactly the same on saturday as we have done for the whole of this season away from home

I agree, whole-heartedly.

Performances have definitely picked up away from home, and I believe we're working towards something away from home but we're finding it difficult and I don't know why. I think away from home we play far too direct, and rigid. All season at home we've watched us play numbers football, progressive football - we don't hit 'hopeful' balls at home, we play statistical football and we wait for our chance to open up.

I have seen us play Forest and Leicester away this season, both games were pretty poor - with brief moments of us showing our 'home class' for instance before the goal against forest we was passing them off the park, and scored a very good team goal - after the goal we went back to 'normal away Derby' and same with the Leicester game, for 40 minutes we were comfortably the better side... but got killed off.

59% away at Brighton is a step in the right direction though, probably the first team all season to get the majority of possession over them.

The problem though, and this is probably true of all our away games, we do not commit enough players forward, so we don't get in enough shots or crosses. Against Brighton we retained possession well, got the ball to Conor, who held the ball up well, but no-one ran beyond him. This meant he had to play the ball back into the midfield, and we built again.This happened timeand time again. Hopefully, with Ward now fit, he will be the one to run beyond Sammon. I think weare nearly there, we just need to be more positive away from home.

Archived