Brighton v Derby County

Day

Don't really get what Cloughie is trying to achieve with this, seems a bit too cute to me, Sammon will be isolated, confusion in midfield, harsh on Jacobs as stated above. So for that reason I think we will lose. Hope I am wrong....

Brighton 3 - 0 Rams

making it harder for Brighton to pass it round and get the ball wide?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I get that crowding the middle Dav, just not seeing his choice of personnel. Unless Jacobs has a knock, he could've put Ben right, Jacobs left and left Brayford at right back. Easier to switch to 4-4-1-1 with that group of players, not sure who can get up and form the link to Sammon with his starting 11. Cynics could say see how Freeman looks at right back so he can decide if Brayford is expendable???

No I get that crowding the middle Dav, just not seeing his choice of personnel. Unless Jacobs has a knock, he could've put Ben right, Jacobs left and left Brayford at right back. Easier to switch to 4-4-1-1 with that group of players, not sure who can get up and form the link to Sammon with his starting 11. Cynics could say see how Freeman looks at right back so he can decide if Brayford is expendable???

Yes thats my thoughts as well. If he put Freeman at RB and dropped Brayford then it would be too obvious that he was on his way out. Looks like he's tried to shoehorn both into the team to see if Freeman is good enough at RB.

Poor team selection in my opinion, the Coutts Brayford combination has been very successful this year, so I don't know why he didn't keep them two there, and if needed put Freeman into midfield. Although, personally I wouldn't have changed the team that beat Middlesborough, and maybe of told Jacobs to play a bit deeper to help overcrowd the midfield if needed.

Hope Hughes' injury isn't bad, and that he'll be alright for next week!

Seagulls 2 Rams 1 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

FGS Lualua.

[size=6]COME ON YOU RAMS...PROVE ME WRONG[/size]

Brighton 2 - 1 Derby

Ward late consolation 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Guls 2 - 1 Derby smith FGS, Will Hughes goal for us as he is the only one awake for us.

2-1 macail- smith fgs

Bish, bash, bosh!!

Archived