Wes Thomas

MikeyDCFC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club have recently denied this many times and Sam Rush said the wage bill is fine !!!

I think Theo and Tyson will move on to make room for a new striker

I'm pretty sure that I heard Sam Rush acknowledge that the wage bill is slightly higher than the allocated budget, but there is no panic to reduce it - especially whilst we are still in the cup.

It didn't sound like the club were keen to add to it and would be looking to reduce it when a sensible opportunity arose.

Agree on Theo and Tyson - both will go when and IF an offer comes in.

Regarding Loring - I got the impression that he was helping Sam Rush get to grips with running a football club. This seems sensible. When Pearson left, Glick tried to take on a role for which he was inexperienced and under prepared. The club's transfer dealings - and the PR around those dealings appeared a weakness (although in retrospect the deals 'succesfully' completed by Pearson were probably far more damaging than Glick's dithering). It seems clear that Rush knows what he's doing with transfers and naming rights etc, but won't have much experience in other aspects. To have Loring on board to advise for a while appears prudent to me. It also shows me that GSE are learning.

Does anyone have a link to the Keith Loring/ Sam Rush story in DET?

[size=3]Rush has confirmed that former chief executive of the Rams and Derbyshire County Cricket Club, Keith Loring, will spend time working with Derby in a consultancy role.[/size]

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Sam-Rush-Rams-won-t-soft-touch/story-17746977-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

[size=3]

On the subject of getting out into the community and understanding the community, I have asked Keith Loring, former chief executive of both the football club and cricket club, to work with us in the early weeks of my time here to see if there are any things we can drum up both on the hospitality and the attendance side.[/size][size=3]

Keith has got his own consultancy business. He is looking to work with a number of clients and I think he can work with us and help us. He has got a lot of experience.[/size][size=3]

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rush-ready-help-Rams-push/story-17746973-detail/story.html[/size]

I heard his name mentioned a month or so ago, and I'd never heard of him before and he was apparently getting some rave reviews, so I looked him up saw his record thought it was poor and found it odd that he was on loan at a supposedly promotion challenging championship side from league one...

Watched him on a game on sky and thought he was very good, if I didn't know us record I would say superb but the days where I judge a player prior to signing for us are long gone... If he signs, hope he does the business!

Can you prove your statement above Duracell?

If course you don't have to prove a darn thing, just curious

I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about the fact the press is reporting we have to sell up and make £1.8m because we're cash-strapped and then other quarters are saying we're going for a promotion push.

Both can't be right.

Thomas could be another Robinson in the making.

That's a depressing thought... I'd like to think if we were looking at new strikers it wouldn't be someone who MIGHT become as good as our now 4th choice striker (behind Sammon, Ward and now Jacobs)

Anyone else think this just sounds like his agent trying to up his wage offer by suggesting other clubs are interested?

Seen him play a few times for Blackpool. Six yard box player, no better than what we already have.

Maybe he could replace Theo if he was to leave ?.

Both Theo and Tyson can't be happy not getting a game regularly and sooner or later might want to look at other options.

If only we had gambled on Adam Le Fondre a couple of years ago.

I had a few conversations with mr Appleby at the time and he assured me that Le Fondre would be discussed with Nigel,but of course never heard another thing.

Not really many good uns out there but maybe someone like Jamie Vardy of Leicester on loan would link up well with Sammon.

Maybe he could replace Theo if he was to leave ?.

Both Theo and Tyson can't be happy not getting a game regularly and sooner or later might want to look at other options.

If only we had gambled on Adam Le Fondre a couple of years ago.

I had a few conversations with mr Appleby at the time and he assured me that Le Fondre would be discussed with Nigel,but of course never heard another thing.

Not really many good uns out there but maybe someone like Jamie Vardy of Leicester on loan would link up well with Sammon.

Yeah I he could do a job to the standard of Tyson for less wages. Personally I'd like to see us get someone who would improve us.

Archived