Wes Thomas

MikeyDCFC

[url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8387478/Derby-and-Watford-keen-on-Bournemouth-striker-Wes-Thomas]http://www1.skysport...iker-Wes-Thomas

Sky Sports understands Derby and Watford have joined the hunt for Bournemouth striker Wes Thomas.

Thomas recently took in a loan spell at Blackpool, and it is during his time at Bloomfield Road that he caught the eye of other Championship clubs.

Blackpool are keen on making his move permanent, but they now face stiff competition from a number of second tier rivals.

Watford and Derby would both welcome the opportunity to add a proven goalscorer to their ranks.

Both clubs are looking to piece together squads they hope will fire them into promotion contention before the season is out.

Bournemouth will also need to agree to a sale, with Thomas having returned to the South Coast with his reputation enhanced.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8387478/Derby-and-Watford-keen-on-Bournemouth-striker-Wes-Thomas]http://www1.skysport...iker-Wes-Thomas

Sky Sports understands Derby and Watford have joined the hunt for Bournemouth striker Wes Thomas.

Thomas recently took in a loan spell at Blackpool, and it is during his time at Bloomfield Road that he caught the eye of other Championship clubs.

Blackpool are keen on making his move permanent, but they now face stiff competition from a number of second tier rivals.

Watford and Derby would both welcome the opportunity to add a proven goalscorer to their ranks.

Both clubs are looking to piece together squads they hope will fire them into promotion contention before the season is out.

Bournemouth will also need to agree to a sale, with Thomas having returned to the South Coast with his reputation enhanced.

Yes, and we also desperately need to raise £1.8m and bring down the wage bill as part of that promotion push.

When I first saw this on SSN, I thought 'I would have him here' but I wikipedia'd him, and his record isn't as good as I thought, scored 3 in 9 at blackpool, but apart from that his records been average in decent leagues. Scored 4 in 26 at Bournemouth - not fantastic, and he is 25 so really should be hitting his peak! No thanks for me, would rather have Sammon, Ward, Robinson and Bennett in front of him

It's easy to write this signing off before it even happens but it could prove to be a shrewd one.

Thomas could be another Robinson in the making. Theo also arrived here with a fairly modest track record in the lower leagues compared to the likes of Rhodes, Austin, Jackson and Sharp. Not too much was expected from him. But he has proved to be a fairly consistent goalscorer at this level.

So who knows.

It's easy to write this signing off before it even happens but it could prove to be a shrewd one.

Thomas could be another Robinson in the making. Theo also arrived here with a fairly modest track record in the lower leagues compared to the likes of Rhodes, Austin, Jackson and Sharp. Not too much was expected from him. But he has proved to be a fairly consistent goalscorer at this level.

So who knows.

I'd agree with you Jourdon, however we got Robinson when he was 21? Wes Thomas is now 25, and he's still proved inconsistent in his scoring. Could work, could not, but I'd rather take a gamble with a younger, lower league player like Jacobs, who Clough can mould.

[size=2]We need a PROPER striker, whether this guy who hasnt been that prolific at blackpool or portsmouth is the answer, i doubt, i think he thinks he's better than his record shows...... Eddie howe says he wants to join a bigger club - but he cant get into theirs cos of Brett Pitman ? [/size][size=2]Its a weird one.......[/size]

Yes, and we also desperately need to raise £1.8m and bring down the wage bill as part of that promotion push.

The club have recently denied this many times and Sam Rush said the wage bill is fine !!!

I think Theo and Tyson will move on to make room for a new striker

I don't think theo or Tyson will go but what we have to remember any money from a sale is a bonus they both came on a free. correct me if I am wrong.

Theo is still young and has proven he can score goals. if he had a better touch and pass he would be a very good player. I just hope he can develop more control while he is at derby

I don't think theo or Tyson will go but what we have to remember any money from a sale is a bonus they both came on a free. correct me if I am wrong.

Theo is still young and has proven he can score goals. if he had a better touch and pass he would be a very good player. I just hope he can develop more control while he is at derby

It doesn't really matter what the fee was. I am sure that Tyson is on decent wages - that is where the cost is.

perhaps Sam Rush could ask Keith Loring what we should do to improve the strikers when he gives him his cheque to pay him for coming up with the big idea of selling the stadium naming rights.

Archived