Nigel Clough's positive home form

BOB BIGGS

I think "Nigel Clough's positive away form in games in front of Bob Biggs and Duracell's girlfriend since Jan 2013" would be more suitable.

Think the Mods would want to shorten that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . My next game is Huddersfield, I'm afraid to say, so they'll just have to do it by themselves....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girlfriend's positive home form

Taken my girlfriend to 7 Derby matches, we've won 4, drawn two and lost one.

That's promotion form, you've got to say. We've won over half those games...

NPC is a poor league...you've simply got to win the games you take your girlfriend to. Wonder how many wins Cardiff and Hull have in front of their fans' girlfriends.

However as Nacho Libre has pointed out we need an improvement in our away form to increase our promotion chances.

Thus I am compelled to ask how is your girlfiend's form playing away from home?

Generally speaking they are a little more adventurous and we (Derby) would certainly benefit from that!? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

"The league doesn't lie".

Your criteria for 'performance levels' are invalid.

The league doesn't lie.. But then again form is tempórary and class shines through.. Any team can have a one season wonder where results defy the performances..

We'd know, we went up finishing in 3rd place and in reality our performances over a season wasn't one that you'd associate with a top 3 side... WBA were far better equiped than us, having kept a core of squad that had been borderline PL level for 3 or more years.. Our 3rd placed finish team got battered in the PL as a result of a one season wonder and the majority being woefully short of the PL required level..

Newcastle is another one this season.. Last season they massively overachieved and their performances didn't merit a top 6 place, especially in comparison to Everton who have finished around the top 8 for a good few years and were far more equipped to do so again this season..

Derby last season finished above what our performances deserved.. The fact that we're roughly in the same position but a good 4 players better off shows that.. So many wins points we won last season was just through luck and that the two lucky 4 game winning streaks where we got battered at at Watford and Hull plus scrappy home wins against Brum and Coventry during the runs skewed our position..

The league doesn't lie.. But then again form is tempórary and class shines through.. Any team can have a one season wonder where results defy the performances..

We'd know, we went up finishing in 3rd place and in reality our performances over a season wasn't one that you'd associate with a top 3 side... WBA were far better equiped than us, having kept a core of squad that had been borderline PL level for 3 or more years.. Our 3rd placed finish team got battered in the PL as a result of a one season wonder and the majority being woefully short of the PL required level..

Newcastle is another one this season.. Last season they massively overachieved and their performances didn't merit a top 6 place, especially in comparison to Everton who have finished around the top 8 for a good few years and were far more equipped to do so again this season..

Derby last season finished above what our performances deserved.. The fact that we're roughly in the same position but a good 4 players better off shows that.. So many wins points we won last season was just through luck and that the two lucky 4 game winning streaks where we got battered at at Watford and Hull plus scrappy home wins against Brum and Coventry during the runs skewed our position..

Good WUMing

Just out of interest, if we finish 12th this year due to our stumbling away form but continue to play as we are then would that mean we are similar to last season?

Last season coming into this season I held no hope for Play Offs.

Now this year, the influence Hughes has had. The character that Coutts brings has really made massive strides for us. I reckon we could well finish 10th ish. But the way we are trying to play tells us a lot more about where our weaknesses lie. If we can set about them in the summer I'd go into next season very confident about the damage we can do.

So wherever we finish this year I think we'll have learned a lot more than we discovered last year. So the league table could lie about our progression imo.

You could look and say Derby are the same mid table side as last year. But that'd not be quite a fair reflection.

However as Nacho Libre has pointed out we need an improvement in our away form to increase our promotion chances.

Generally speaking they are a little more adventurous and we (Derby) would certainly benefit from that!? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

I don't think anyone anticipated these sorts of questions being posed when this thread was younger...

Only liked for calling Bris Nacho Libre

I think "Nigel Clough's positive away form in games in front of Bob Biggs and Duracell's girlfriend since Jan 2013" would be more suitable.

so u two have the same gf? Nice u can be so civil about it, but u must wonder who she really prefers. or perhaps u just offer her different things and she needs you both?

so u two have the same gf? Nice u can be so civil about it, but u must wonder who she really prefers. or perhaps u just offer her different things and she needs you both?

Blimey, I hope she prefers Duracell, otherwise she's desperately short of a good choice 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived