Nigel Clough's positive home form

BOB BIGGS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

124 years 125 anniversary next year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Doh.....never was any good at maths 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Really confident performances at home.

Don't think you could ask more from these players at home. I bet individually they've never played better in their careers.

More than happy to credit Nigel for the positives. I do my share of criticism. The football is good to watch. Like I said after the Hull defeat. There really isn't much more we could of done at home this year. These players are at their best when at home. Excellent

We are great at home when we take the game to teams. Bit Frustrating when he fannies around playing negative formation and letting teams dictate possesion, even today against tranny at times we seemed to sit back and not play to our strenghths.

All in all though million times better than previous 5 years!!

We are great at home when we take the game to teams. Bit Frustrating when he fannies around playing negative formation and letting teams dictate possesion, even today against tranny at times we seemed to sit back and not play to our strenghths.

Sometimes, you know, the opposition get the ball for a spell, and you have to defend. It's not a case of 'sitting back' - the opposition, when they get the ball. especially when they are behind, will take additional risks by throwing a couple more players forward. It's just plain common sense to be a little more cautious when they do that. Eventually you win the ball back, re-group and go back on the offensive.

Not really tactics - just reacting to circumstances.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should dominate every game for 90 minutes? We are at least 12 months away from that...

Are you seriously suggesting that we should dominate every game for 90 minutes? We are at least 12 months away from that...

Hopefully as a one-off we are two weeks away from that.

Got to say that yesterdays result has actually inspired me to get tickets for the Forest game - I've got a feeling the season might just be coming alive!

booooo! How can a cup win inspire you to go to the game we all should look forward to more than all others in a season? You should already have been desperate for a ticket. You've shamed us all.

booooo! How can a cup win inspire you to go to the game we all should look forward to more than all others in a season? You should already have been desperate for a ticket. You've shamed us all.

Talking about shame young 'un......gonna share your fb pics with us on here? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Nope fair point, I just think at times we invite teams onto us, which doesn't play to our strengths but yeh we can't have the ball all the time. I just think dropping to 4-5-1 is a bit counter intuitive because it doesn't help us to retain possession. It doesn't do my nerves any good, as long as we keep scoring 3 a game we should be alright though!

eddie - fair points too, wasn't meaning to be critical and yeh we can't have the ball all the time.

The older I get the more I dislike approaching florist fixtures. When we win, I'm ecstatic, but if we lose, it crushes me for a couple of days. (At least I think that's what happens - it's been years). Any road up, the knowledge that I'm going to be the emotional puppet of events out of my control annoys me no end, so I don't look forward to it at all.

i cant believe that 2 weeks to.go we havent sold out. mind you a few ghys ive spoke too gad assumed they wouldnt be able to get tickets so didnt try.

The older I get the more I dislike approaching florist fixtures. When we win, I'm ecstatic, but if we lose, it crushes me for a couple of days. (At least I think that's what happens - it's been years). Any road up, the knowledge that I'm going to be the emotional puppet of events out of my control annoys me no end, so I don't look forward to it at all.

bloody heck if that's every body's opinion as they get older i hope I don't make it! I have to admit though I prefer a stoke defeat to a forest defeat any day of the week, vile club, town, people. Except Brayford who is the only one to break the rule of being vile.

i cant believe that 2 weeks to.go we havent sold out. mind you a few ghys ive spoke too gad assumed they wouldnt be able to get tickets so didnt try.

any idea what the sales are at now? Can't be far off the sell out! 30,000 + I'd be happy with given the drop in attendance this season.

Archived