Nigel Clough's positive home form

BOB BIGGS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bloody heck if that's every body's opinion as they get older i hope I don't make it! I have to admit though I prefer a stoke defeat to a forest defeat any day of the week, vile club, town, people. Except Brayford who is the only one to break the rule of being vile.

It gets worse. You get excessive nose hair and can't seem to shake the last drip off when you go for a wee. It's grim being old. Beats the alternative though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What percentage have we lost? Doubt it's any more than 25%.

We've lost only 2 of 13 I think to Hull and Burnley.. Less than 25% yes..

But I've mentioned before that home draws are bad results in the NPC.. Especially in a league where everygame is winnable.. Our home draws against Sheff Wed, Cardiff, Brighton and Blackburn is essentially the same as 1 win 1 draw and 2 losses.. Add the two games against Hull and Burnley and we've dropped 14 home points this season..

The Cardiff and Sheff Wed games were definately poor results..

It's funny, this season I'm struggling to think of a win where we didn't deserve it and compared to last season it's a massive difference.. We're a far better side this season as last year in reality we should have finished around 15th/16th given our performance levels..

I'm not much of a footballing genius as all should well know, but last year our play was dismally boring more often than not or at least it sounded like it was(football on radio still is difficult for me to wrangle out). This year we look and sound exciting(well, mostly). We actually set the tone more often than not it seems.

I'm not much of a footballing genius as all should well know, but last year our play was dismally boring more often than not or at least it sounded like it was(football on radio still is difficult for me to wrangle out). This year we look and sound exciting(well, mostly). We actually set the tone more often than not it seems.

Aye, the performances have been a massive improvement this season.

bloody heck if that's every body's opinion as they get older i hope I don't make it! I have to admit though I prefer a stoke defeat to a forest defeat any day of the week, vile club, town, people. Except Brayford who is the only one to break the rule of being vile.

I've been told that Brayford's from the Borough of Newcastle-Under-Lyme so that could be the reason for his non vileness?

I'm just on the border so can pick and choose depending on the situation lol but I'll let you off seen as you lot in Utch are confused! (please don't tell big uttox)

I agree mate, a win against Stoke is always sweeter for some!

My girlfriend's positive home form

Taken my girlfriend to 7 Derby matches, we've won 4, drawn two and lost one.

That's promotion form, you've got to say. We've won over half those games...

NPC is a poor league...you've simply got to win the games you take your girlfriend to. Wonder how many wins Cardiff and Hull have in front of their fans' girlfriends.

NPC is a poor league...you've simply got to win the games you take your girlfriend to. Wonder how many wins Cardiff and Hull have in front of their fans' girlfriends.

My Mrs. has seen one loss and a draw in the last 3yrs worth of home games she's been to.

Admittedly for the last 3yrs she has been living in Wales for uni.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I've only managed 2 home games so far this season - Sheff Wed and Barnsley. Neither was pleasing on the eye ..yet we drew the first and won the second. So, that's nearly play off form too!

It's fairly clear to me that if your girlfriend and I were to attend more home games, the play offs would be a formality. Even better, we should attend away game more often to guarantee a few more away points. I could then start a new thread. Something like "Nigel Clough's positive away form, beginning Jan 2013" would do for the title! That would save folks from having to comment on earlier games and could look forward instead. However, I fear this is one for next season as we're not quite ready yet.

Make sure you take her to the game on 19th - it's all down to you [ no pressure there then..] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I've only managed 2 home games so far this season - Sheff Wed and Barnsley. Neither was pleasing on the eye ..yet we drew the first and won the second. So, that's nearly play off form too!

It's fairly clear to me that if your girlfriend and I were to attend more home games, the play offs would be a formality. Even better, we should attend away game more often to guarantee a few more away points. I could then start a new thread. Something like "Nigel Clough's positive away form, beginning Jan 2013" would do for the title! That would save folks from having to comment on earlier games and could look forward instead. However, I fear this is one for next season as we're not quite ready yet.

Make sure you take her to the game on 19th - it's all down to you [ no pressure there then..] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think "Nigel Clough's positive away form in games in front of Bob Biggs and Duracell's girlfriend since Jan 2013" would be more suitable.

Can't get a ticket for her, but I take it you're going?

To be fair, we've done alright at Forest games without my girlfriend ever being there, further demonstrating Clough's pedigree when the odds are stacked against him.

Archived