The Ballon d'or

DCFCfranco

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RVP, Pirlo (Chiellini too) and Yaya Toure cruelly overlooked for me. Yaya Toure is THE reason Man City won the PL, I think he deserves more credit than Xavi or Iniesta this year.

Also, not one Champions League winner in the team.

Not really given that Man City flopped both times in the CL, got knocked out of Europa League, won only the PL in a poor season and Ivory Coast didn't win the African Cup of Nations..

The differene is this is a calender year January to December.. In that time those Barca players won the Euros, sit proudly at the top of La Liga breaking all the records, won Copa Del Rey, and reached a semi final of the CL and are now through to the last 16.. Iniesta and Xavi should be there because of their achievements in 2012...

People seem to forget the Ballon D'Or is the back half of last season and the first half this season.. Ashley Cole for example has been terrible this season..

And that team of the year is almost correct.. IMO the back 4 should just be the Spanish back 4, given that they've had amazing seasons at Barca, Real and Valencia aswell as winning the Euros conceding only 1 goal...

Nueur had a poor end of the year last season and was largely at fault for Dortmund sticking 5 past hoim in the cup final.. Casillas had an unbelievable year for Spain and Madrid..

Although I agree it's slightly harsh on the Juve players and Antonio Conte who have had great years too..

Who votes for the winner? I think its a load of boll0cks personally, there are some quality players that don't play in la liga that have performed well for club and country in the last year.

Didn't these team of the years used to be 4-4-2 as well? Suppose its whichever formation Spain play nowbecause everyone bums off them.

Who votes for the winner? I think its a load of boll0cks personally, there are some quality players that don't play in la liga that have performed well for club and country in the last year.

Didn't these team of the years used to be 4-4-2 as well? Suppose its whichever formation Spain play nowbecause everyone bums off them.

I'm led to believe journos, national coaches and national captains each have 3 votes

RVP's crap for Holland, doesn't deserve it.

The World XI has to be players that perform well in all club competitions and for country.

Even Yaya Toure can't say he's done that.

The only player I'd put in there that hadn't made it is Pirlo, who was the difference between us and Italy and was an absolute revelation for Juve in Serie A.

Messi is a wonderful player but I feel as though he has reached the glass ceiling. What more is there for him to achieve at the Nou Camp?

I think we can all appreciate what a talent he is but rightly or wrongly, there are going to be question marks over his legacy if his success is solely with what many consider to be the greatest club side of the modern era, if not all-time.

For me, I think Jose Mourinho shows the way. He's won domestic titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain and won the Champions League with two different clubs. His managerial ability transcends the cultural nuances of the sport in each country he's managed in and I just find what he has achieved to be quite remarkable.

You have to wonder when Messi says to himself, I need a new challenge.

Archived