The Ballon d'or

DCFCfranco

And Chelsea beat Barcelona home and drew away with 10 men, did they not?

Europa league, U r having a laugh, does anyone take that seriously any more, clubs use their squad players for it, Jesus u can even qualify for it by getting gold stars for being good on the field, in fact in a few years time there won't be a Europa league.

The point about the crowds is that they can't fill their own ground because even their own fans are bored with watching them, they have to offer tickets at a massive discount, did you see the number of empty seats tonight, all this for the "greatest team in the world" haha, maybe they should become like the Harlem globetrotters.

the **** did i just post?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Chelsea beat Barcelona home and drew away with 10 men, did they not?

Europa league, U r having a laugh, does anyone take that seriously any more, clubs use their squad players for it, Jesus u can even qualify for it by getting gold stars for being good on the field, in fact in a few years time there won't be a Europa league.

The point about the crowds is that they can't fill their own ground because even their own fans are bored with watching them, they have to offer tickets at a massive discount, did you see the number of empty seats tonight, all this for the "greatest team in the world" haha, maybe they should become like the Harlem globetrotters.

Yes.. The Europa League is for jokers no-one takes it seriously.. I didn't see any Boro or Fulham players crying when they both lost in the final.. All I saw was both clubs playing their reserve side.. Oh, and when Liverpool were in the semi-final a few years ago, they tried their hardest to throw it away because they didn't want the inconvenience of playing in another final.. And Spurs when then lost to Sevilla twice in the knockout rounds, once again there was no effort there at all.. Paul Robinson going absolutely balistic because he gave away a penalty was all for show.. He didn't care a jot..

Last season Man Utd and Man City played their best teams against Sporting and Athletico Bilboa.. They both lost.. Why play their best teams if they didn't want to progress.. Typical rubbish.

They can't fill their own ground? They get higher attendances than 99% in Europe what are you talking about?

And Chelsea fluked past Barca... So what? Atletico Madrid destroyed them in the Super Cup showing who is superior..

This all started from saying Messi should move clubs because his goals are only against pub teams in La Liga.. Erm he's the top goalscorer in the CL for 3 years running... Pub teams the lot of them..

LeedsRam, you don't half spout pony

Bris, I agree with 60/70% of things you say but you don't half bore the tits off me at times with your constant debating with people over some things that can't be proven to be right or wrong..

I wasn't debating that any league was better.. LeedsRam wrongly suggested that Messi only scores the amount he does because the majority of La Liga is a of a poor standard which is absolutely absurd..

Back to the Ballon d'Or thread..

Messi notched another 2 yesterday which takes him to 84 goals in a calender year.. Only 1 behind the record which he'll break unless he gets injured.. Phenomenal record..

I wasn't debating that any league was better.. LeedsRam wrongly suggested that Messi only scores the amount he does because the majority of La Liga is a of a poor standard which is absolutely absurd..

Back to the Ballon d'Or thread..

Messi notched another 2 yesterday which takes him to 84 goals in a calender year.. Only 1 behind the record which he'll break unless he gets injured.. Phenomenal record..

i meant in general 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> you usually cause a stir with something and a great debate cracks off over a simple comment! La Liga is better than the Premiership by a long shot on a footballing level no doubt but for excitement I prefer the Premiership just because of teams such as Everton, West Brom and Swansea playing well and beating the top clubs along with it! Wether our league has less 'talent' or not I find it more enjoyable on the entertainment level but its not a patch on the footballing quality of the Spanish league! Messi would walk any league end of, surely anybody has to agree with that?

• 1 month later...

Who's in goal Franco because I see Mourinho dropped Casillas the other night, controversial.

IKER CASILLAS, DANI ALVES, MARCELO, GERARD PIQUÉ, SERGIO RAMOS, ANDRÉS INIESTA, XABI ALONSO, XAVI HERNANDEZ, CRISTIANO RONALDO, RADAMEL FALCAO, LIONEL MESSI.

Seems about right to me. That world 11 is awesome bunch of players. I think Piqué for Barca has a few dodgy moments but for Spain he's earned it. Barca fans always seem to be pondering his form when Barca hit tricky patches?

And Dani Alves is a bit lucky. He struggles to hold a place in Brazils side and he just seems to fit Barca?

Balotelli? Lol. Not even the best striker at City. Not even second!!

don't understand the world team of the year.

thought neur had a better year Cole is a better LB than marcelo or alves (despite him being a knob) and no players from juventus or even RVP doesnt seem right to me.

also why was del bosque coach of the year? should have been the juve manager! or our nige 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived