The Ballon d'or

DCFCfranco

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi has scored more goals for Argentina than Ronaldo has for Portugal over the past few years so that rules that arguement out..

Also Mezut Ozil provided more assists for Ronaldo than any Barca player provided for Messi..

Messi will win it.. Regardless of trophies, it's all about individual ability.. It would be an absolute crime if a player who broke the record for goals in a calender year doesn't win it..

But you're biased because you support Barcelona.

Messi has scored more goals for Argentina than Ronaldo has for Portugal over the past few years so that rules that arguement out..

Also Mezut Ozil provided more assists for Ronaldo than any Barca player provided for Messi..

Messi will win it.. Regardless of trophies, it's all about individual ability.. It would be an absolute crime if a player who broke the record for goals in a calender year doesn't win it..

wow bris! we agree on something! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

But you're biased because you support Barcelona.

That's true..

I think the whole idea is slightly unfair as many votes are based on personal reasons not professional reasons.. For example, the likes of Casillas voted for Sergio Ramos and vice versa instead of voting for Ronaldo..

The best coach of the year was probably Antonio Conte.. The guy went through a whole season unbeaten and reached the cup final but he didn't even make the shortlist.. Pep Guardiola is the actual favourite and has been voted by the likes of Vincente Bosque based purely on friendship or respect rather than a professional vote.. Mourinho had a better season than Pep but it looks like Pep will get the majority votes as Mourinho is disliked by many..

It's abit of a fix is the Ballon d'Or.. The same goes when Iniesta won the European player of the year.. The guy is loved by everyone in Spain even by Real Madrid fans/players he has so much respect.. But he didn't have a better season than the likes of Sergio Ramos or Mezut Ozil IMO.. He was voted by popular choice.

Messi will win, he is without doubt best player of the last few years, however there has to be a time when someone tells him he is going to have to play in a competitive league. There is only about 10 games in a league season where he actually has to get out of second gear, the rest if the time he is playing against Mickey Mouse teams.

How many goals has he scored this year? Reminds me when we were playing school football and we had a player who went on to play for the mighty rams, he would get the ball and score around 5 or 6 a game it was that easy for him, we used to sit down and smoke a fag whilst he destroyed the oppo, yet when he stepped up a level he played with people of a same level.

Barcelona fans have even got bored with winning so many games easy, they only turn up every so often, and even want to opt out of being Spanish.

Messi will win, he is without doubt best player of the last few years, however there has to be a time when someone tells him he is going to have to play in a competitive league. There is only about 10 games in a league season where he actually has to get out of second gear, the rest if the time he is playing against Mickey Mouse teams.

How many goals has he scored this year? Reminds me when we were playing school football and we had a player who went on to play for the mighty rams, he would get the ball and score around 5 or 6 a game it was that easy for him, we used to sit down and smoke a fag whilst he destroyed the oppo, yet when he stepped up a level he played with people of a same level.

Barcelona fans have even got bored with winning so many games easy, they only turn up every so often, and even want to opt out of being Spanish.

Being Catalan is everything to do with perhaps opting out (it will never happen) it's nothing to do with the so called mickey mouse league..

If you paired the 20 La Liga sides against the 20 PL sides La Liga would win hands down.. And Messi doesn't need to move to another league as Spain is the most difficult and has the best players, plus he has the CL every year which is a difficult test.. Competitng against the likes of Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Real Betis, Sevilla, Athletico Bilboa etc.. is far more difficult than competing against West Brom, Arsenal and Everton..

Barca thrash everyone because they're simply so good.. We saw what happened when the likes of Atletico Madrid and Athletico Bilboa took on Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd.. They conquered with ease..

Being Catalan is everything to do with perhaps opting out (it will never happen) it's nothing to do with the so called mickey mouse league..

If you paired the 20 La Liga sides against the 20 PL sides La Liga would win hands down.. And Messi doesn't need to move to another league as Spain is the most difficult and has the best players, plus he has the CL every year which is a difficult test.. Competitng against the likes of Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Real Betis, Sevilla, Athletico Bilboa etc.. is far more difficult than competing against West Brom, Arsenal and Everton..

Barca thrash everyone because they're simply so good.. We saw what happened when the likes of Atletico Madrid and Athletico Bilboa took on Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd.. They conquered with ease..

You never hear English players saying Spain has the best league, yet several Spanish players have said it about PL.

Barcelona do look good against these Mickey Mouse teams, and the other teams around them aren't to bad either, it's below these where the league is poor. I have just seen some of messis goals, some of them are pub league defending, from very very poor players.

Just as a matter of interest, and I don't know answer, how many different teams have won Spanish league and euro cup??

And why can't Barcelona fill their ground??

You never hear English players saying Spain has the best league, yet several Spanish players have said it about PL.

Barcelona do look good against these Mickey Mouse teams, and the other teams around them aren't to bad either, it's below these where the league is poor. I have just seen some of messis goals, some of them are pub league defending, from very very poor players.

Just as a matter of interest, and I don't know answer, how many different teams have won Spanish league and euro cup??

Eventually it's like ..........What's the point......... familiarity breeds contempt. Following a constantly winning side gives nothing to aspire too. It also can create an arrogant attitude toward those less fortunate............ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Barca have also put goals past pub teams like Lyon, Bayern Munich, Shakhtar Donesk, Milan, Arsenal and Bayern Leverkusen.. You're trying to make such a stupid point by asking why Barca can knock 3 or 4 goals past other sides in La Liga on a reguilar basis.. Because they're the best team ever.. Simple.. The same side knocked 7 past Levekusen, 5 past Lyon and Shakthar, 4 past Arsenal and Bayern Munich etc..

You never hear English players say that because they're all comfortable in the PL earning millions.. What Spanish players say the PL is the best? Actually maybe they feel thge league is the best.. but La Liga has far better players and better teams..

Very very poor players? Like I said, I could pair up PL teams against La Liga and I know which would win hands down..

Barca > Man Utd

Real Madrid > Man City

Atletico Madrid > Chelsea

Sevilla > Spurs

Betis > Newcastle

Valencia = Arsenal

Malaga > Liverpool

All the teams at the bottom of La Liga like Osasuna, Deportivo, Mallorca, Español are far better than the likes of QPR, Villa, Reading, Norwich etc..

You see players like Michu who move for a modest $2mill and he's Swansea best player.. Players like Mata, David Silva, Santi Cazorla who moved from Spain to England have become all of the top teams best player..

How many Spanish teams have won the league? Since when? In the past decade Real Madrid, Barca, Deportivo, Valenica and in 1995 Atletico Madrid.. The same as the PL, only that the PL was won by Chelsea, Man City and Blackburn built on millions of punds poured into it.. Not like La Liga, Deportivo and Valencia won it on ability..

And Barca can fill their ground..

Barca have also put goals past pub teams like Lyon, Bayern Munich, Shakhtar Donesk, Milan, Arsenal and Bayern Leverkusen.. You're trying to make such a stupid point by asking why Barca can knock 3 or 4 goals past other sides in La Liga on a reguilar basis.. Because they're the best team ever.. Simple.. The same side knocked 7 past Levekusen, 5 past Lyon and Shakthar, 4 past Arsenal and Bayern Munich etc..

You never hear English players say that because they're all comfortable in the PL earning millions.. What Spanish players say the PL is the best? Actually maybe they feel thge league is the best.. but La Liga has far better players and better teams..

Very very poor players? Like I said, I could pair up PL teams against La Liga and I know which would win hands down..

Barca > Man Utd

Real Madrid > Man City

Atletico Madrid > Chelsea

Sevilla > Spurs

Betis > Newcastle

Valencia = Arsenal

Malaga > Liverpool

All the teams at the bottom of La Liga like Osasuna, Deportivo, Mallorca, Español are far better than the likes of QPR, Villa, Reading, Norwich etc..

You see players like Michu who move for a modest $2mill and he's Swansea best player.. Players like Mata, David Silva, Santi Cazorla who moved from Spain to England have become all of the top teams best player..

How many Spanish teams have won the league? Since when? In the past decade Real Madrid, Barca, Deportivo, Valenica and in 1995 Atletico Madrid.. The same as the PL, only that the PL was won by Chelsea, Man City and Blackburn built on millions of punds poured into it.. Not like La Liga, Deportivo and Valencia won it on ability..

And Barca can fill their ground..

http://www.dealcloud.co.uk/National/-125-for-fc-barcelona-v-rayo-vallecano-or-getafe-value-499-/180595?a=1&subscribed=yes&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=dc-International+Travel+%28national%29&utm_campaign=dealcloud+natio

Well there is the proof on the tickets, 75% off!

I think 2 team from Spain have won the Euro cup, last season in the Mickey Mouse league Valencia got 61 points, 39 behind the winners, yet only 20 off relegation. As I said the top teams are quite good, they buy all the best players when they struggle, I mean Real Madrid spend what a year? The rest of the league is meh, players leave Spain to prove themselves, unless they are at the top 2 they aren't going to win anything, whoops forgot cops rey, big two have more wins than any off the others put together.

[url=http://www.dealcloud.co.uk/National/-125-for-fc-barcelona-v-rayo-vallecano-or-getafe-value-499-/180595?a=1&subscribed=yes&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=dc-International+Travel+%28national%29&utm_campaign=dealcloud+natio]http://www.dealcloud...dealcloud natio

Well there is the proof on the tickets, 75% off!

I think 2 team from Spain have won the Euro cup, last season in the Mickey Mouse league Valencia got 61 points, 39 behind the winners, yet only 20 off relegation. As I said the top teams are quite good, they buy all the best players when they struggle, I mean Real Madrid spend what a year? The rest of the league is meh, players leave Spain to prove themselves, unless they are at the top 2 they aren't going to win anything, whoops forgot cops rey, big two have more wins than any off the others put together.

I can't even be bothered to reply to this rubbish..

You can keep your totally wrong opinions of La Liga..

The proof of how good the league is obvious.. Real and Barca are top 2 in Europe.. Spain has multiple Europa League winners.. Atletico destroyed Chelsea in the Super Cup.. The best players in the PL are Spanish.. The Spanish national team has won 3 majors in a row and everything stems from the competition between Spanish players at Spanish clubs with La Liga..

I can't even be bothered to reply to this rubbish..

You can keep your totally wrong opinions of La Liga..

The proof of how good the league is obvious.. Real and Barca are top 2 in Europe.. Spain has multiple Europa League winners.. Atletico destroyed Chelsea in the Super Cup.. The best players in the PL are Spanish.. The Spanish national team has won 3 majors in a row and everything stems from the competition between Spanish players at Spanish clubs with La Liga..

Yes so competitive 3 nil to Barcelona a at half time, pub defending by Bilbao.

Oh n u never answer about the offer, is that for watching them on telly?

Yes so competitive 3 nil to Barcelona a at half time, pub defending by Bilbao.

Oh n u never answer about the offer, is that for watching them on telly?

I'm watching the game.. Barca were 4-0 up at HT the last time they played against Bayern Munich.. They hit 5 against Real Madrid.. I bet they're pub teams too.. The 3rd goal was magical..

Athletico Bilboa have conceded the most in the league.. They're not playing very well right now..

What offer are you talking about? I have no idea.. Are you saying the club gives away offers? Every club does.. You can get a weekend in Manchester plus hotel plus plane tickets plus match tickets for a set price.. What has that got to do with anything?

You're trying to rubbish the league just because the top 2 are so good.. Barcelona are the best team in the world, of course they're going to dominate a league..

Arsenal went a whole season unbeaten in the PL yet the same side never conquered Europe.. They obviously play in a pub league..

Pub teams like Betis, Gatafe, Levante, Real Sociedad, Osasuna, Sevilla have all done something Man City and Man Utd (Englands top 2 by a mile) couldn't do over the past 3 seasons..

Where is this arguement coming from? Because Barcelona are dominating the league.. Spain have dominated Italy, Germany, Holland, Portugal over the past 6 years.. They must be pub teams too seems as no-one can even score past Spain.. Pub teams..

What offer are you talking about? I have no idea.. Are you saying the club gives away offers? Every club does.. You can get a weekend in Manchester plus hotel plus plane tickets plus match tickets for a set price.. What has that got to do with anything?

You're trying to rubbish the league just because the top 2 are so good.. Barcelona are the best team in the world, of course they're going to dominate a league..

Pub teams like Betis, Gatafe, Levante, Real Sociedad, Osasuna, Sevilla have all done something Man City and Man Utd (Englands top 2 by a mile) couldn't do over the past 3 seasons..

Where is this arguement coming from? Because Barcelona are dominating the league.. Spain have dominated Italy, Germany, Holland, Portugal over the past 6 years.. They must be pub teams too seems as no-one can even score past Spain.. Pub teams..

Please show me where you can get united tickets at 75% off?

You forgot to put how many times Barcelona beat Chelsea last season, one? Two?

I'm not saying the top teams in PL are better, the same or worse, than the top teams in Spain, it's the pants teams that make up the rest of the league, think derby would probably survive in this league, playing hoofball of course :-)

The Bundesliga has exciting football in atmosphere andfull grounds.

Only started watching it recently but it's a match for the PL and La Liga. It might not have the drama of the PL or the technical joy of La Liga but it's got great balance for the neutral to watch.

I think Messi has done enough to prove he can destroy anybody.

I'm not really into calling any league the best in the world. But if it was Sunderland v Villa or Granada v Sociedad...... I'd rather watch B.Dortmund v Bayern. That'd shock the media!! Lol

Please show me where you can get united tickets at 75% off?

You forgot to put how many times Barcelona beat Chelsea last season, one? Two?

I'm not saying the top teams in PL are better, the same or worse, than the top teams in Spain, it's the pants teams that make up the rest of the league, think derby would probably survive in this league, playing hoofball of course :-)

But those pants teams have beaten English teams in Europe over the past years..

Remind me how many English clubs has won the Europa League? Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid share 5 of the last 9 Europa Leagues.. Beating the likes of Boro, Liverpool, Fulham, Spurs on the way..

Once again.. If those small clubs are so bad how did they manage to beat the best 2 teams in Europe? Those pants teams like Athletico Bilboa beat Man Utd home and away last season? Who did that in the PL other than Citeh?

The team bottom of the PL is QPR.. What have they done recently? The team bottom of La liga recently contested a Europa league final and won a Copa Del Rey.. In fact since 2000 the following teams have won Copa Del Rey.. Zaragoza, Deportivo, Español, Mallorca, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Real Betis.. 9 different teams.. Well let's say Barca, Real Madrid and 7 other pub teams..

How many teams have won the FA Cup?

And what the hell has a Barca 'offer' got to do with anything? Are you trying to argue attendances for proof as a better league? Barca and Real Madrid regularly get 80,000 plus a game so what? The PL isn't even the best attended league in Europe, the Bundesliga is.. But how important is that info... erm pointless?

back on topic these just make a new thread if you want to talk about which league is the best.

personally i think its the blue square south.

If you're looking for goals the Blue Square North is the highest goalscoring league in England with 3.41 average.. Many people take bets on this league due to the goals..

But those pants teams have beaten English teams in Europe over the past years..

Remind me how many English clubs has won the Europa League? Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid share 5 of the last 9 Europa Leagues.. Beating the likes of Boro, Liverpool, Fulham, Spurs on the way..

Once again.. If those small clubs are so bad how did they manage to beat the best 2 teams in Europe? Those pants teams like Athletico Bilboa beat Man Utd home and away last season? Who did that in the PL other than Citeh?

The team bottom of the PL is QPR.. What have they done recently? The team bottom of La liga recently contested a Europa league final and won a Copa Del Rey.. In fact since 2000 the following teams have won Copa Del Rey.. Zaragoza, Deportivo, Español, Mallorca, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Real Betis.. 9 different teams.. Well let's say Barca, Real Madrid and 7 other pub teams..

How many teams have won the FA Cup?

And what the hell has a Barca 'offer' got to do with anything? Are you trying to argue attendances for proof as a better league? Barca and Real Madrid regularly get 80,000 plus a game so what? The PL isn't even the best attended league in Europe, the Bundesliga is.. But how important is that info... erm pointless?

And Chelsea beat Barcelona home and drew away with 10 men, did they not?

Europa league, U r having a laugh, does anyone take that seriously any more, clubs use their squad players for it, Jesus u can even qualify for it by getting gold stars for being good on the field, in fact in a few years time there won't be a Europa league.

The point about the crowds is that they can't fill their own ground because even their own fans are bored with watching them, they have to offer tickets at a massive discount, did you see the number of empty seats tonight, all this for the "greatest team in the world" haha, maybe they should become like the Harlem globetrotters.

Archived