Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

Not really I think both have made stupid decisions along with the players as well.

What I am getting at is the fact that we have 14 games left and I think the fans should keep going until the last game sticking together and not getting on the backs of Nigel, GSE or the Players.

I just think your here to argue and wind people up and if that's what you want to do that is up to you but that is not supporting the team...

Do you work for marketing at DCFC? All this propaganda is tiresome. I show my support and wouldnt allow a fan of another club to criticise things at DCFC, but that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly support the team and accept everything that goes on.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it again, Theo had 9 goals by around the start of december and was then dropped. That's half-way through the season. Regardless of his technical ability or appearance, he scores goals.

I find it staggering that he has not been played more often, he finds himself time and time again in the right place to score. If Kevin Phillips does it, it is called a poachers instinct and great striking awareness. If Theo does it it must've been a lucky break or a fluke run into that spot that gets him the goal.

We've seen enough scrappy goals from him to know he's an incredibly clumsy yet effective force in the opposition box, and against opponents such as Blackpool at home (who no doubt had a poor game that day) he looked like he'd come on leaps and bounds, he's improving, even if his form is still sporadic.

To sell him, atleast in my opinion, would be incredibly foolish (not that this is being suggested by the club, that's just my opinion on it).

I'll say it again, Theo had 9 goals by around the start of december and was then dropped. That's half-way through the season. Regardless of his technical ability or appearance, he scores goals.

I find it staggering that he has not been played more often, he finds himself time and time again in the right place to score. If Kevin Phillips does it, it is called a poachers instinct and great striking awareness. If Theo does it it must've been a lucky break or a fluke run into that spot that gets him the goal.

We've seen enough scrappy goals from him to know he's an incredibly clumsy yet effective force in the opposition box, and against opponents such as Blackpool at home (who no doubt had a poor game that day) he looked like he'd come on leaps and bounds, he's improving, even if his form is still sporadic.

To sell him, atleast in my opinion, would be incredibly foolish (not that this is being suggested by the club, that's just my opinion on it).

Ward is a selfish player as well though.

2 strikers looking out for only themselves, neither like being too far away from goal.. as I said I would try it for a couple of games, just to show the effects.

Ward is a selfish player as well though.

2 strikers looking out for only themselves, neither like being too far away from goal.. as I said I would try it for a couple of games, just to show the effects.

I would play Ward out-wide and make him cut in, perhaps give him license to switch wings when needed. I would rather have Theo, Sammon and Ward all together on the pitch, in current circumstances, though it leaves little in the way of striking back-ups.

If industry is what Sammon does then fair enough, Kuqi was far better at it, though perhaps Kuqi at full tilt is what Clough might be hoping Sammon will become. Ward to switch wings, roam a little, ask Sammon to simply be the workhorse. We have a flat enough midfield as it is, we would be sacrificing little in such a scenario.

Coutts-Bryson/Hughes-Hendrick-Ward doesn't sound too bad,

Ward when played upfront is scoring nearly a goal a game though... I'd definitely keep him up there!

Yet theo with a good goal scoring record shouldn't play? Don't you want as many people who can get you a goal on the pitch as possible? It seems to work for Man U. I know we don't have the same level as player before its pointed out. Also the top teams in this division seem to have 3 or 4 people who can make or get a goal out of nothing, we normally have one or 2 max

Yet theo with a good goal scoring record shouldn't play? Don't you want as many people who can get you a goal on the pitch as possible? It seems to work for Man U. I know we don't have the same level as player before its pointed out. Also the top teams in this division seem to have 3 or 4 people who can make or get a goal out of nothing, we normally have one or 2 max

I think there's a difference between RVP and Hernandez and Theo and Wardy.

If we had 3 players who could get a goal out of nothing, they'd be on the pitch, but we don't. Theo can't get a goal out of nothing, he can barely get a goal out of something.

The people who want Theo picked over Sammon would be back on this thread moaning about Theo's technical ineptitude by next week.

Theo is 10x more frustrating than Sammon.

I think there's a difference between RVP and Hernandez and Theo and Wardy.

If we had 3 players who could get a goal out of nothing, they'd be on the pitch, but we don't. Theo can't get a goal out of nothing, he can barely get a goal out of something.

The people who want Theo picked over Sammon would be back on this thread moaning about Theo's technical ineptitude by next week.

Theo is 10x more frustrating than Sammon.

Well I'm glad you read the bit where I said we don't have the same quality of player so don't point it out. There was me thinking theo last night nearly nicked us a winner with a great header from a corner which bogdan made a great stop. We all know he is frustrating but he does score goals, that's what's wins you games.

why are derby affraid of shooting outside the 18 yard box, you see teams in the bottom half of the table and top half , having a go at teams and shooting on sight, derby hardly ever do that. We try to play through the opposition defence and then the strikers get to point in the box where they can't get shot off because the keep is barring down on them. Very fustrating to watch !!

why are derby affraid of shooting outside the 18 yard box, you see teams in the bottom half of the table and top half , having a go at teams and shooting on sight, derby hardly ever do that. We try to play through the opposition defence and then the strikers get to point in the box where they can't get shot off because the keep is barring down on them. Very fustrating to watch !!

it's something that drives me bonkers too.

to be fair - i thought bolton did well at charging down quite a few shots on tuesday.

it's something that drives me bonkers too.

to be fair - i thought bolton did well at charging down quite a few shots on tuesday.

yh your right and its like we are trying to play like barca , trying to walk the ball in the net, but its not gona work in the championship, If you don't shoot you don't score !

Archived