Theo Robinson

loweman2

And this is the point with Theo, unless you watch him in a game where he bags and his confidence is up you'd think he was absolute crap. Which unless he's scoring, is a lot of the time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I've got no problem with the lad at all and it's reassuring that Nigel can see when he's having one of those days and hook him around the 50-60 min mark and put Tyson on. Last season we didn't really have any other options but to stick with him to the death...

Sometimes he just runs into nowhere and gets the ball taken off him. But I don't think he is lacking in effort. At 23, maybe he will reach his peak in the next few years, you never know.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waghorn is a good player though, I can see where people are coming from though - I will always pick a good footballer over a poor footballer with a good record.

So you would have a striker at your club that didn't score buy you would be happy because he works hard? If Waghorn is a good striker surely he should be judged on how many goals he scores? If this is the case Theo should go nowhere because he is proven to be good at this level last season and so far this season.

So you would have a striker at your club that didn't score buy you would be happy because he works hard? If Waghorn is a good striker surely he should be judged on how many goals he scores? If this is the case Theo should go nowhere because he is proven to be good at this level last season and so far this season.

A good striker shouldn't be judged on how many goals they score - but it is the most important thing for a striker to do. Robinson relies on the support players a lot of the time (bar 1 or 2 goals) I would prefer a player to bounce of Sammon, rather than having Sammon as a support striker, which at the minute he seems to be.

A good striker shouldn't be judged on how many goals they score - but it is the most important thing for a striker to do. Robinson relies on the support players a lot of the time (bar 1 or 2 goals) I would prefer a player to bounce of Sammon, rather than having Sammon as a support striker, which at the minute he seems to be.

True say ambitious, sammon works ten times harder than theo, he tracks back he defends corners and free kicks whilst theo just hangs around the half way line, he is lazy and all of his goals come from his team mates hard work, not from his making, for ever

Am sure i will not be alone in saying that Theo despite scoring 8 goals this season is still a wasted Resourse in the field. Mind you he does score some brilliant goals but 90% of his goals come only after the hard work done by players around him and he just taps that in.

He aint a poacher if ppl call him that, Poachers stay quite in the game and convert almost all chances that come there way, Theo Wastes 2-3 chances that come to him and scores only after loads of chances are thrown at him, that is complete wastage.

He does not have a Plan B if things arent going, Credit he keeps pluckin away till the end but smart strikers change the way they play when they clearly know it isnt working for them. All he does is run around and get offside and get 1 chance converted out of maybe 3-4 that comes his way.

Ppl will stop clamouring for theo if tyson was instead played, Am sure the conversion ratio would have been better and ofcourse support Sammon better. Ward is even better option to tyson.

A decent Deal recieved when he is in this form, we should sell him off and buy a player who supports sammon better and links up well with Midfielders, cos i think we have loads of chances to score more if the top 2 play well.

Sky Sports understands Theo Robinson's excellent form has come to the attention of Jamaica who are ready to hand him an international call-up.

The Derby County striker, who has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League in January, is one of the top scorers in the Championship this term with seven goals to his name.

The Jamaican Football Federation have been making checks and are now ready to hand Birmingham-born Robinson his inaugural call-up ahead of their clash with Cuba next month.

Jamaica have targeted a number of English-based players to bolster their World Cup qualifying campaign, but getting Robinson on board will represent a huge coup for he Reggae Boyz given he is still only 23.

Robinson himself has been in great form for Derby and he has attracted the attention of a number of clubs ahead if the January window.

Aston Villa, Sunderland, QPR and Wigan are all said to be keeping tabs on his situation along with Championship outfits Crystal Palace and Wolves.

Sky Sports understands Theo Robinson's excellent form has come to the attention of Jamaica who are ready to hand him an international call-up.

The Derby County striker, who has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League in January, is one of the top scorers in the Championship this term with seven goals to his name.

The Jamaican Football Federation have been making checks and are now ready to hand Birmingham-born Robinson his inaugural call-up ahead of their clash with Cuba next month.

Jamaica have targeted a number of English-based players to bolster their World Cup qualifying campaign, but getting Robinson on board will represent a huge coup for he Reggae Boyz given he is still only 23.

Robinson himself has been in great form for Derby and he has attracted the attention of a number of clubs ahead if the January window.

Aston Villa, Sunderland, QPR and Wigan are all said to be keeping tabs on his situation along with Championship outfits Crystal Palace and Wolves.

they can't have good scouts coming over if they reckon its a coup.. Maybe they should get Will Hughes on the fake tan and throw him in the Jamaican team?

Will there be a role for Theo when Ward comes back? I'm sure Clough would play Ward as the supporting striker like he did earlier in the season when he was the Star player..Theo didn't have a look in then

Tyson is the inpact sub as well so is there a role for theo?

I'd say sell him on and see what we can get for....anything close to a milion and i'd snap your hand off

Theo has his faults just like any other player however he has so far scored 8 goals this season and is on course to bag 20 this season if his current form continues he will be our 20 goal a season man and got him for a very good price look at the star goal scorers down the a52 Cox and billy sharpe 4 goals each and how much are they worth in the transfer market 2 million each ? Why would we want to sell our top scorer ? In theo we trust !

Am sure i will not be alone in saying that Theo despite scoring 8 goals this season is still a wasted Resourse in the field. Mind you he does score some brilliant goals but 90% of his goals come only after the hard work done by players around him and he just taps that in.

He aint a poacher if ppl call him that, Poachers stay quite in the game and convert almost all chances that come there way, Theo Wastes 2-3 chances that come to him and scores only after loads of chances are thrown at him, that is complete wastage.

He does not have a Plan B if things arent going, Credit he keeps pluckin away till the end but smart strikers change the way they play when they clearly know it isnt working for them. All he does is run around and get offside and get 1 chance converted out of maybe 3-4 that comes his way.

Ppl will stop clamouring for theo if tyson was instead played, Am sure the conversion ratio would have been better and ofcourse support Sammon better. Ward is even better option to tyson.

A decent Deal recieved when he is in this form, we should sell him off and buy a player who supports sammon better and links up well with Midfielders, cos i think we have loads of chances to score more if the top 2 play well.

Theo misses 3 or 4 chances because he reads the game so well and gets those chances. Or is it just luck that he pops up in the right place all the time?

Whatever his faults, he's a goalscorer and will be on the radar of other teams. We have a 20 goal a season striker on our books and he's not even a regular starter!

And his potential price goes up and up, with prem clubs sniffing round, they never drop less than a mill on anyone. I wouldn't let him go for that though, I'd let him go for 2 mil. And I think that's possible, as long as scouts are only looking at him in terms of being on course for 20 a season. Imagine the kind of quality striker we could get to replace him with that. Imagine Hulse at his best having some of the chances Theo has had. I do like Theo, but I think right now we could sell him for a lot more than he's really worth, and do a lot of good with that money (providing the owners let Nige spend it)

I like Theo as a 3rd or 4th choice forward coming of the bench just unfortunate Ward has been out for so long as he's got the intelligence to play along side Sammon with Theo coming of the bench against tired legs, he's improved a lot since last season as long as he keeps developing why sell? When the chances are all the money from his fee won't be reinvested into the team.

'However with the hosts threatening to run riot, an equally impressive move involving Will Hughes and Michael Jacobs saw the ball worked to Robinson, who took a quality first touch and smashed the ball past keeper Kasper Schmeichel.'

From the BBC match report. 'Quality first touch'? Where did Theo get a quality first touch from. Was it really quality? Well done Theo if so, maybe there is still room for him to get better and better.

'However with the hosts threatening to run riot, an equally impressive move involving Will Hughes and Michael Jacobs saw the ball worked to Robinson, who took a quality first touch and smashed the ball past keeper Kasper Schmeichel.'

From the BBC match report. 'Quality first touch'? Where did Theo get a quality first touch from. Was it really quality? Well done Theo if so, maybe there is still room for him to get better and better.

it was a good first touch, and was in shock when i saw it.

A million plus offer for Theo and I would take it. Ward and Tyson to come back, Bennett as a fourth choice.

I mean, to me this season is out of the window all ready - now before you all shout at me for that comment - look at our team. Defence is poor especially when O'Connor is in there. Midfield is not great, and attack lacks a quality striker to play with Sammon. Five of years of Clough demonstrates to me that this will not change overnight.

Theo misses 3 or 4 chances because he reads the game so well and gets those chances. Or is it just luck that he pops up in the right place all the time?

Whatever his faults, he's a goalscorer and will be on the radar of other teams. We have a 20 goal a season striker on our books and he's not even a regular starter!

Yes thats the fact, He is a goalscorer agreed but he has his faults which are the very basics which will stop his growth. He is just riding on confidence from his goals but the lack of technical ability will soon show.

Championship is physical but has its fair share of mistakes in the field which happen quite frequently. You need a striker who can take the chances that come your way and let the midfield come in at attacking positions. Theo cannot do that cos he is poor in holding & does not take advantage of mistakes.

Sell him off when he is hot property to bring in an attacker who can hold the ball, Links with the midfield and forces mistakes on the opposition.

For gods sake try a foriegn player. 1mil in your hands you can bring twice the player that is theo.

Archived