Could Coutts learn from Alan Hinton?

Brammie Steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this Hinton any good and could Nige bring him to Derby?

Quick question for all you lucky fookers that saw the 70s ram raiders (not on old tapes or youtube) if we could have one player from then in our team now, who would you have?

Great question ,Kevin Hector was my hero ,best player never to play on a regular basis for England ,but i've thought this for a while,what we need in veiw of the teams age at the moment is a Dave Mackay

I was there that day, the signing was broadcast live on ITV's On The Ball which was quite a big deal back in the day.

Hinton was quality, I still remember in particular two screamers he scored against Everton...happy days.

Yes yes yes.... I saw those.

Two absolutely fantastic goals.

I gave up enthusing about them as no one i've ever met seems to have been there that day.

One player, from the early to mid seventies?..I can't think of a single one that wouldn't command

an eight figure sum today..

For me..if pushed..geez, i feel like Simon Cowell.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I'd have to go for..

Charlie George.

£100,000 certainly the best bargain ever!

Our goals tally would be phenomenal!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> He'd only have to stand on the pitch to occupy 3 of the other teams defenders full-time!

One player, from the early to mid seventies?..I can't think of a single one that wouldn't command

an eight figure sum today..

For me..if pushed..geez, i feel like Simon Cowell.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I'd have to go for..

Charlie George.

Charlie was almost TOO good for the 75-76 team...imagine our current lot trying to play and understand him. Be funny to see. This current team needs a nasty bugger..and real winner who doesnt ever give up....and can play a bit too. Willie Carlin instead of Jeff Hendrick would probably see this team go up.

Roy Mac was the best but we are well served by Keogh at the moment.

Might go for Archie or Zak Hector. Either would give us something we dont have , apart from greatness of course which we certainly dont have.

Couldn't agree more, Roy Mac's probably my favourite player of all time but I think Gemmill would have more impact today, Roy is a luxury we'd only need if we were up against the Van Persie's and Torres's.

*That said, we could have done with him to put Austin in his place the other week. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Coutts is fookin *****, overrated, no better than Paul Green.

There is a big gap between fooking ***** and being no better than Paul Green. I could possibly agree with the latter analogy, but the former is very odd. He has replaced Green and is similar in quality for i would imagine a third of the cost.

I much prefer Coutts at right mid than Green! His corners today were 50/50, some bad some good. Doesn't help having a fantastic keeper claiming most that average NPC keepers wouldn't.

I don't have a major problem with him or his corners, think he's a good player and a very good bit of business considering fee and wages.

If you could buy one player in January, would you go for a right or centre mid? I'd go for a centre mid as Coutts offers a decent threat going forward and Hendrick's the most overrated player in our team.

Archived